Staying Up - Relegation Battle

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

Some weekends you just get all the results going in your favour, at one stage Welling,Truro and Taunton were all winning, I've zero doubt Truro will stay up, I'd be worried if I was a Dartford fan, Eastbourne have picked up a bit, Taunton have thrown away 4 points in a week, I still think with the players we have we should ok, but looking at the league as a whole, it's a much harder league than all of us thought, the level isn't bad, I can't really say I've seen much of a difference from ourselves to many other clube who are part time, I don't see much changing next season as well.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

The Great Muta! wrote: 24 Mar 2024, 12:27 it's a much harder league than all of us thought, the level isn't bad,
The level in this league, in my opinion, is dire and Yeovil have proved that point. Can anyone honestly say that Hampton are that good a side to be in the play-offs where we (without the points deduction) were attempting to play catch-up. Its not - or should not - be a hard league for a professional football club, but Torquay in traditional style managed to make it so. I just find it hard to fathom how supporters are now wondering whether we can get 2 more wins from 7 games. 5 of which are against part-time teams in the bottom half of the table. Unbelievable Jeff!
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

The only good sides I've seen are Yeovil (who outplayed us in the league) and Worthing who outplayed us twice.
Both, particularly Worthing, have declined since they played us.
We should have been top three, and suspect that if Johnson had gone sooner we'd have made the play offs (until the 10 point deduction).
As long us we pick up another 6 points or so we'll have served the deduction without any impact on promotion or relegation.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

I think the other teams are much better organised than previously. Their fitness levels are better than last time too. And we are missing quality players like Jamie Reid. Jennah, Wynter, Kyle Cameron, vincent etc

Also noticed there were two less teams in this divison last time.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

How poor this season has been is reflected in the comments that we hoping to avoid relegation, we had the players just not a decent manager who refused to see what was staring him in the face.
Personally, for what remains of the season I only want to play teams in mid table who have nothing to play for and no fear of relegation, everyone else will be scrapping like us.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

I think the quality of all non league has improved. Wether that is the introduction of academy’s at many clubs, sports science, overall number of qualified coaches in England in grassroots in the last 15 years or combination and more but I think it’s a better standard now. There is a decent game on right now with Worthing and Bath.
Having said that. We should have been doing better in this league this season with a full time team.
TUST #324
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

Taunton are home to Slough tomorrow. Rain forecast most of the day and Bridgwater united women played on the pitch today. Madness. They are asking for trouble and it may cost them with relegation.
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

It's funny how fans see things differently, for me 17 losses would suggest this leagues been tougher than we thought it would be, even some of those wins in the 1st ten games we rode our luck, Aveley away, Braintree at home etc, Truro at home battered us, even Slough at home, Aveley, Taunton recently etc, all at times have made us look like the part timers, H&R yesterday had 1 fit striker so it hard to judge them on yesterday alone, they are part time and had played mid week, We are still full time with vast experience..Its a combination of underachieving, tougher opposition and behind the scenes issues have all played their part in where we are, I'm not entirely sure who out of this bunch I'd keep?.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

TommyGunn wrote: 24 Mar 2024, 18:48 Taunton are home to Slough tomorrow. Rain forecast most of the day and Bridgwater united women played on the pitch today. Madness. They are asking for trouble and it may cost them with relegation.
It’s all a bit embarrassing
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

:-/ Taunton Slough game off :-/
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

The Great Muta! wrote: 24 Mar 2024, 19:13 It's funny how fans see things differently, for me 17 losses would suggest this leagues been tougher than we thought it would be, even some of those wins in the 1st ten games we rode our luck, Aveley away, Braintree at home etc, Truro at home battered us, even Slough at home, Aveley, Taunton recently etc, all at times have made us look like the part timers, H&R yesterday had 1 fit striker so it hard to judge them on yesterday alone, they are part time and had played mid week, We are still full time with vast experience..Its a combination of underachieving, tougher opposition and behind the scenes issues have all played their part in where we are, I'm not entirely sure who out of this bunch I'd keep?.
I don't think there is anyone out of this bunch that you would keep, surely!
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Not sure who's under contract?, being upfront, probably none of them, however if you're starting over with a brand new squad,the chances of doing anything are remote, it never works, so I'm guessing 4 or 5 most definitely will be kept on.
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

The Great Muta! wrote: 24 Mar 2024, 19:13 H&R yesterday had 1 fit striker so it hard to judge them on yesterday alone,
So did we.
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

So Archer & Collins don't count?, both listed as strikers, H&R played midweek,are PART TIME and had 1 fit striker, it's hard to judge them on that performance alone
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Booth must have been offered 2 years to persuade him to go full time. TBH, would Lapslie, Dawson, Stubbs and Ash have signed one year deals only? Maybe they signed two year deals but with a ‘if no promotion Clause’ written in. You’d assume Hall and Moxey were only offered one year deals though. Jarvis will be off you’d imagine, however most of them will likely try to find a way out unless a rich new benefactor buys us, financial stability in a short career and all that.

If we stay in this division and have a new owner, who would we want to stay? Moxey, Booth and Stubbs, maybe Dawson, and I don’t know who else.