Torquay United v Taunton Town TUE 12th.

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
RedGull1902
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by RedGull1902 »

Where in there was prediction league mentioned, people were saying what they thought the score would actually be as you did, everybody bar two said a win! Some 5-0’s in there! Crazy! And you couldn’t see tonight’s horror show, then whole season as been a horror show! At this moment item time you want me to lighten up ,really.
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

Out of the blue, my mate an Exeter City season ticket holder, rang me this evening. He asked if I was going to the game could he come along. He wanted to show a bit of support ( he bought £10 half time draw tickets). Frankly he may of given the club £30 but bloody he'll do I wish I had said no. He could not believe how poor we were and stated he could not understand how we had fallen so far. I told him it had been like this for 18 months. He could not understand how me and the boy have continued attending all home and some away. Tonight was an embarrassing.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

RedGull1902 wrote: 12 Mar 2024, 23:17 Where in there was prediction league mentioned, people were saying what they thought the score would actually be as you did, everybody bar two said a win! Some 5-0’s in there! Crazy! And you couldn’t see tonight’s horror show, then whole season as been a horror show! At this moment item time you want me to lighten up ,really.
The clubs in serious trouble, the teams been poor most of season, no I didn't say anything about people needing to lighten up about anything other than prediction league, if someone wants to predict a 5-0 win in every match that's up to them, no real need to get that angry over it, in the grand scheme of things it's not that important.
Formerly known as forevertufc
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

Aaron Downes may well be a thoroughly decent guy, but he was part of the useless Johnson regime and was responsible for a defence leakier than the UK borders!!
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

We’re just not fit for (any) purpose!
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Peter Masters was there last night, what the hell did he think of that (non)performance?

The sooner the new owner is installed and has a good clear out both on and off the pitch the better.

Tonight and most of this season what has been produced has been unacceptable.

The worst time by a country mile in all my 55+ years supporting the side.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

RedGull1902 wrote: 12 Mar 2024, 21:54 Being serious now if we lose 10 pts(if) my opinion is we are done! Just cannot see us winning many more at all! Teams below seem to be scraping pts
Errr, we win last week?????
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Lose those 10 points and it a real relegation battle. Talk of scraping the play offs is wrong. Just surviving and playing another season at this level is a priority.
RedGull1902
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by RedGull1902 »

Forest gull wrote: 13 Mar 2024, 06:42 Errr, we win last week?????
Errrr first in 15 ( fifteen)
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Took a friend who was new to TUFC to last night’s game and he could not see why the players were claiming to be full time professionals, why I supported them and why 2,000+ other souls would want to turn up to see such dross. Needless to say he will not be back. Actually, not even sure I will be back anytime soon!
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Yes the sooner we get a new owner in and have a big clearout and fresh ideas the better .
Nothings changed or will change with these players and method of 'playing'
Pedestrian football , second to the ball, no team
understanding, making it up as they go along
it's all been said. I'd rather have a team of part timers who play like our opponents this season
than watch this frustrating, clueless football.
Lavercombe in goal for them and we can't even test him. Truly pathetic.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

I think some people need to look up the definition of the word supporter.

If Exeter continually played poorly would that guy still go and watch, I expect So. A new fan of TUFC goes one game and calls it quits?

We are in dire trouble on and off the pitch, teams have good periods and bad, but if you support a club you stick with it through all.. Last night was so bad in a really poor long season, certainly the worst in my 35 years watching. It’s expensive and I agree, poor value for money, but it’s your football team, unfortunately we weren’t born in London or Manchester.

Last night was dire, silly mistakes gave Taunton their 3 goals. Taunton weren’t good, they just pressed our playing out from the back style and waited for the mistakes. I don’t understand why are defensive headers out wide were played back into midfield and not into row Z. I hope we stick with the passing game, but as has been said, sometimes you need plan B even during the same game. The passing out was so slow and with no movement from players there were few options. I feel sorry for Tomlinson, but his mistakes cost us at least 2 goals.

It’s obvious we need a total restart next season. I expect if we still exist, there will be only 3 or 4 players/staff still here from this season.

Anyhow, I’ll be there next home game, not in expectation of amazing football but because Torquay United are my team and you never know, especially now, how many more games there will be.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Please can the season end now, with us safe in the league,a new owner (hopefully not a cornish one), a new manager and a total clear out of johnsons acquisitions.
Ditto and Ditto to all the comments of last night, we were leggy from minute one and dawson was blowing so hard after fifteen minutes I was going to hand over my inhaler, Collins added to his long list of never ending failings and we can now add I cannot cross even from a corner.
It should have happened last season but Tomlinson needs to seriously consider another career, football is not for him, how much time and effort has been put into him not always being the weakest link, last night on a pitch that was sceaming disaster he tries a dingy little pass forwards and their pressing players were all over it, result, goal 1, the third goal is he outstripped in a foot race with a overweight 34 year old who give him his due scores with an impressive goal. We should have found a way to keep Nelson who whilst younger than Tomlinson has forgot more about defending than Tomlinson will ever know, not surprised that Dartford lay in wait for him with a road block as he returned home round the M25 and signed him.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

We've only looked better defensively when we had Marshall. Nelson and Booth as the back three. All brick shithouses who might not be technically any good but won the first ball every time.

I've been saying all season that this isnt Tomlinsons level and was proved right last night. Booth also doesnt look this level either. Certainly not playing right back anyway.

Downes got his tactics and team selection completely wrong last night. We needed a result last night to keep the positivity going, so in that respect it was a disaster.

Goodness knows if there is anyone still in the market to purchase the club, becuase its dying on its feet at present.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Taelee73 wrote: 13 Mar 2024, 07:44

We are in dire trouble on and off the pitch, teams have good periods and bad, but if you support a club you stick with it through all..

It’s obvious we need a total restart next season. I expect if we still exist, there will be only 3 or 4 players/staff still here from this season.

Anyhow, I’ll be there next home game, not in expectation of amazing football but because Torquay United are my team and you never know, especially now, how many more games there will be.
:goodpost: Summed up perfectly..
Formerly known as forevertufc