Torquay United v Taunton Town TUE 12th.

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Anyone know who the ref is?

Dreadful and spent most of the time laughing
Green Rory
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Green Rory »

An absolute nightmare for a club that should be at LEAST two Divisions higher. Much better times will surely come though, as my home team Argyle have proved. I'm sure that In a few years this nightmare will have been entirely forgotten. 90 fans from Taunton........
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Clueless with the basics tonight

Some real poor performances especially from Tomlinson and Ash
RedGull1902
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by RedGull1902 »

Being serious now if we lose 10 pts(if) my opinion is we are done! Just cannot see us winning many more at all! Teams below seem to be scraping pts
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

The players and manager should hang their heads in shame. They let themselves and the club down again.

With our ten point deduction we are 3 above the drop zone.

3 home games left. 62 goals conceeded from some very poor defenders and a manager who doesn't appear to have a clue how to coach a defense.
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

The fear is whoever is interesting buying my think again after seeing this rubbish!
If we do lose the 10 points, I cannot see us even staying in this division.
Just when you think is could not get any worse! It does!1
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Peter Coffill

Post by Colorado »

Was really looking forward to actually watching the team play as versus listening on the radio, especially after last Saturday's win.

How wrong I was. That was one of the most dire performances I've ever witnessed apart from the 0-4 thrashing that I witnessed personally against Saint Albans. I'm starting to lose hope.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Not sure what I just witnessed tonight. The scoreline is easy to read 'Professionals 0 - 3 Schoolboys'. Sat's win must have gone to our heads as for the first 30 minutes we play out the back thinking we are Man City - 2 goals later we are clueless. Second half we decide to drop the Man City tactics altogether - sound logic - and revert to Western League hoof-ball and throw caution to the wind. Outcome: Schoolboys are now 3-0 up. We are now even more clueless than when we were initially clueless. Given that Taunton were unable to meet its salary commitments due on the 5th March 2024 you have to give credit to the Taunton players for their stellar non-payment performance tonight. You're meant to tell the difference between professional football and schoolboy football so tonights performance tells you all you need to know about our players. Most of them would not make the U'13's squad - they were a disgrace - period.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Pathetic beyond belief.

A horror show from Tomlinson who gifted them all 3 goals.

Bloody useless.
RedGull1902
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by RedGull1902 »

When it come to predictions for the tonbridge game when I expect everybody will predict a big win ,I will ask them to explain why! Will start tonbridge win 4-0, why? Because we can’t pass, defend, create, score, hope I’m wrong probably won’t be,and yes I will be there god knows why!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well lets get the whole prediction league thing out of the way first. The prediction league is meant for a bit of fun, not really to be taken that seriously so
maybe some need to lighten up a little.

I went 3.1 win on the strength of an unbeaten run although mostly draws combined with a good win v Dartford, I've been honest all season, couldn't legislate for tonight's horror show.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Right onto tonight's performance, how does any of us pick the bones of that ? being honest Tomlinson and Collins deserve 0/10, I'd give the rest of the outfield 1/10 the only one I'll let off is Halstead what's any goalkeeper supposed to do when all 10 players in front are playing so badly.

I've enjoying watching us trying to play out from the back and pass through midfield, but there's a time for that, and time to be a little more direct, we've got 3 centre backs, the balls coming out to slowly, no width, Taunton's high press dealt with it comfortably.

First corner, a fan shouts 'lets beat the first man' not only did we fail to beat the first man, we failed to get the ball past his feet, the following two corners didn't pass there first man either, the movement off the ball we saw Saturday none existent, we couldn't take a throw in and pass 2 yards back to our player, and for me what summed up the whole performance was during the second when the ball was headed into Taunton's box and a TUFC player managed to head the ball back to far clearing all the attacking players allowing Taunton to break on us again, wish Tomlinson could learn to head the ball it like that.

No complaints from me at all, we were outplayed all game by a team who deserved their win, and fair play to them. Some fans were getting on the back of the referee, come on we can't blame her for this, thought she was consistent in both giving free kicks for both teams, and turning down appeals for free kicks away for both teams.

We got tonight what we truly deserved, nothing.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

My God that was a poor performance! We were absolutely clueless. Only one shot on target (and that a tame effort straight at the keeper) all game and a horror show at the back gifting them the three goals Taunton hardly deserved. Tomlinson and Booth both had shocking games.

Not one player came out of that with credit - even Jude-Boyd who looked lively at the start seemed to lose confidence as the goals went in and the realisation spread that there was no way back into the game.

Only three attempts on goal in the whole of the second half when we were supposed to be chasing the game. If there has been a honeymoon after the change of management then this was the rude awakening that confirms us as relegation fodder if the dreaded points deduction gets applied.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

Okay, it is what it is, there's no getting away from things, I was on this forum under a different guise earlier this season, and before a ball was kicked, I called it, no big "I told you so" but I said that we'd be upper mid table, pretty much where we are now, that's our standard, with these players, this is as good as it gets, we are a pretty average NLS team, to many players from the old regime of last year are currently on the books, out of all the current players probably 3 or 4 are good enough, the rest need shipping out, they won't get us promoted in a million years, they aren't bad players, and I'm not going to be synical or personal, but they aren't going to get us promoted, Downes is a lovely fellow, and ex player and all that, but so many fans earlier in the season were calling HIM out due to our defence being so bad, and what was he actually doing on the training pitch ..I understand it's all hands on deck right now, but we need to stay in this league, and it's a full rebuild, on the pitch, in the dug out, behind the scenes, the full works needs doing, let's not sugar coat or tap-dance around the subject, it needs major surgery, I just hope we've got enough to stay up, esp with docked points on the horizon.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Didn’t make a clear chance and gave away three goals with poor defending.
I fear relegation if we have ten points deducted.