Torquay United v Taunton Town TUE 12th.

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Taelee73 wrote: 13 Mar 2024, 07:44 I think some people need to look up the definition of the word supporter.

If Exeter continually played poorly would that guy still go and watch, I expect So. A new fan of TUFC goes one game and calls it quits?

We are in dire trouble on and off the pitch, teams have good periods and bad, but if you support a club you stick with it through all.. Last night was so bad in a really poor long season, certainly the worst in my 35 years watching. It’s expensive and I agree, poor value for money, but it’s your football team, unfortunately we weren’t born in London or Manchester.

Last night was dire, silly mistakes gave Taunton their 3 goals. Taunton weren’t good, they just pressed our playing out from the back style and waited for the mistakes. I don’t understand why are defensive headers out wide were played back into midfield and not into row Z. I hope we stick with the passing game, but as has been said, sometimes you need plan B even during the same game. The passing out was so slow and with no movement from players there were few options. I feel sorry for Tomlinson, but his mistakes cost us at least 2 goals.

It’s obvious we need a total restart next season. I expect if we still exist, there will be only 3 or 4 players/staff still here from this season.

Anyhow, I’ll be there next home game, not in expectation of amazing football but because Torquay United are my team and you never know, especially now, how many more games there will be.
:goodpost:

Well said.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

To follow up on that, there is a much bigger picture in play here. Last night I stood on the popside with my son and a close friend, been long time since I felt that embarrassed and ashamed of the teams performance, I think all of those who didn't follow last nights events either on the radio or live stream probably have got the picture by now.

We may or may not be days away from administration , I have boycotted much of the season in protest of CO's ownership and GJ's continued employment , however the club needs my/our support and my/our money , inquests can be carry out at later date. Right now I'm parking to one side my personal feelings, suspicions and mistrust, I'm prepared to forgive last nights horror show and will also be at all remaining home games regardless, my appeal to all other TUFC fans now is not the time for anger and protest, now is the time to save our club, so it can hopefully be rebuilt.

From a personal point of view, I hoping new ownership is found that will offer us a total clean break, that sees Edwards , Hayman, Downes pretty much most of this squad out the door with Osbourne , a complete re-set is required.
Formerly known as forevertufc
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Dave wrote: 13 Mar 2024, 10:08 To follow up on that, there is a much bigger picture in play here. Last night I stood on the popside with my son and a close friend, been long time since I felt that embarrassed and ashamed of the teams performance, I think all of those who didn't follow last nights events either on the radio or live stream probably have got the picture by now.

We may or may not be days away from administration , I have boycotted much of the season in protest of CO's ownership and GJ's continued employment , however the club needs my/our support and my/our money , inquests can be carry out at later date. Right now I'm parking to one side my personal feelings, suspicions and mistrust, I'm prepared to forgive last nights horror show and will also be at all remaining home games regardless, my appeal to all other TUFC fans now is not the time for anger and protest, now is the time to save our club, so it can hopefully be rebuilt.

From a personal point of view, I hoping new ownership is found that will offer us a total clean break, that sees Edwards , Hayman, Downes pretty much most of this squad out the door with Osbourne , a complete re-set is required.
A really good post, each time i think thats it I am going to spend my hard earned money on more worthwhile projects, I find myself yet again on the A380 like a sad homing pigeon. I cannot put the club down no matter how hard I try, I also hope for a clean break and a new and fresh start but I think certain characters and ghosts from the past will continue to haunt this club for along time to come.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Well, that was embarrassing to say the least.

I was going to go into a long rant about how useless we were for the whole 90 mins, but everyone's beaten me to it.

That 10pt deduction that is looming could cost us especially if that's the kind of performance we can expect until the end of the season. I bloody hope not... starting with a win on Saturday at Longmead.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

Everybody who has read the rules knows that we are going to be deducted 10 points even if we don't enter administration.
We need to get behind the team as we are in a relegation battle.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

TommyGunn wrote: 13 Mar 2024, 10:57 Everybody who has read the rules knows that we are going to be deducted 10 points even if we don't enter administration.
We need to get behind the team as we are in a relegation battle.
That statement is totally FALSE........or we would have lost the points on 22nd February when the administrator walked into Plainmoor.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

You obviously have NOT read the rules. It is there in black and white.

I was talking to a Taunton supporter who says their board will be taking legal action if Torquay are not deducted 10 points.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

“Are you Johnson in disguise?”

Downes is a long term Gulls hero and I respect the challenge he is facing but unfortunately he has continued the run of poor tactical decisions and has not yet rallied the mentality required to perform on the pitch.

In many respects the issues off the pitch and sentiment directed at GJ has meant that individual players have perhaps escaped the kind of scrutiny that is required.

Unfortunately there are several players who are not up to or not ready for the level we’re at. Last night Tomlinson was a weak link in the defence and for all his disciplinary issues, I believe Ross Marshall is a stronger option.

Similarly, it was disappointing to see Acheampong and Jenkins Davies on the bench after building momentum at the weekend.

If I were Downes I’d have a total rethink of the approach, with a far more attacking lineup and consider playing a 433 or 442 to make use of the strengths that we do have within the squad.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Highlight of the game was Pop Side banter with the Lino with dodgy haircut.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Tomlinson had a shocker, doesn't seem to have the physicality required, but Booth was taken off and will probably be the scapegoat for Saturday with Marshall coming in.
I know how Culmstock feels, walking back to the car I'm thinking I can't take any more of this and won't go to another game this season but by time the next game comes around I'm always there. I was looking forward to last night hoping we could build on Saturday but another let down.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

TommyGunn wrote: 13 Mar 2024, 11:21 You obviously have NOT read the rules. It is there in black and white.

I was talking to a Taunton supporter who says their board will be taking legal action if Torquay are not deducted 10 points.
I HAVE read the official handbook and as I keep saying, we will NOT be deducted points UNLESS we go into administration....and then it will be immediate and no appeal.

Taunton have no right to take legal action and the league would not tolerate that, not that they would. I speak with the Chairman and Secretary (who was there last night and I spoke with) on a regular basis. The latter tells me they are more interested in their own ongoing cashflow problems, not paying wages and HMRC.

TG, I will accept your apology on this forum once the above is proved to be correct.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

culmstockgull wrote: 13 Mar 2024, 10:42 A really good post, each time i think thats it I am going to spend my hard earned money on more worthwhile projects, I find myself yet again on the A380 like a sad homing pigeon. I cannot put the club down no matter how hard I try, I also hope for a clean break and a new and fresh start but I think certain characters and ghosts from the past will continue to haunt this club for along time to come.
And there lies the problem.....
I'm with you on that one.
Will be driving down for the Easter Monday game.....
Must be mad! :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

North Curry House wrote: 13 Mar 2024, 13:31 I HAVE read the official handbook and as I keep saying, we will NOT be deducted points UNLESS we go into administration....and then it will be immediate and no appeal.

Taunton have no right to take legal action and the league would not tolerate that, not that they would. I speak with the Chairman and Secretary (who was there last night and I spoke with) on a regular basis. The latter tells me they are more interested in their own ongoing cashflow problems, not paying wages and HMRC.

TG, I will accept your apology on this forum once the above is proved to be correct.
Well now we do have confirmation of a points deduction. The rules were always clear to me on this.

Now we all need to get behind the team as this is going to be tough.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

North Curry House wrote: 13 Mar 2024, 13:31 I HAVE read the official handbook and as I keep saying, we will NOT be deducted points UNLESS we go into administration....and then it will be immediate and no appeal.

this aged well