Points deduction

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Points deduction

Post by TommyGunn »

Does anybody understand what is happening? I assumed that we may be saved from this as we had not yet entered administration.
But on another forum they are saying that an intention to appoint an administrator is classed as an insolvency event. This also means a points deduction under the league rules.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Until we ENTER administration, ten points WILL be deducted. At the present time , we have NOT reached that stage, due to The Administrator talking to interested parties and the fact all wages and liabilities are paid.

The advice I offer you is do not believe everything you read! Especially on social media.

You could Google the National League rules and it is crystal clear because I do not expect you to believe me.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

North Curry House wrote: 07 Mar 2024, 10:12 Until we ENTER administration, ten points WILL be deducted. At the present time , we have NOT reached that stage, due to The Administrator talking to interested parties and the fact all wages and liabilities are paid.

The advice I offer you is do not believe everything you read! Especially on social media.

You could Google the National League rules and it is crystal clear because I do not expect you to believe me.
So points only lost when we enter administration, hopefully not at all.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

North Curry House wrote: 07 Mar 2024, 10:15 So points only lost when we enter administration, hopefully not at all.
I'll just post a link to the rules he posted.

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/foru ... png.33795/

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/foru ... png.33797/

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/foru ... peg.33798/
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

I thought the 10 working day moratorium granted by the "Intention to Appoint" runs out today, unless a further 10 day extension is applied for?

So......are we going into Admin or not ???? The information sources are spookily quiet on the subject :-/
Vick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Vick »

^ Extended for 10 days.
Vick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Vick »

https://torquayunited.com/an-update-for-supporters-2/

Following the announcement of the Club’s intention to enter administration, Torquay United was officially put up for sale on Friday 23rd February. Now that two weeks has passed since this, as of Thursday 7th March, we can confirm that the interim moratorium has been extended for a further 10 working days.

The Club has been in correspondence with a number of interested parties, all of whom have previously been issued Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs). Any interested parties that have progressed to the next stage of the process have now been granted access to the data room, to advance their interest in acquiring the Club, with talks continuing to progress with these various parties
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Extended due to interested parties (apparently three) in buying the club, who have made non-disclosure agreements, no points deduction for 10 further days at least.
Also, if that is still the case in 10 days, then it will probably be extended again.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

Thanks for that.

Currently the club is not in administration, it has filed with the courts a Notice of Intention to appoint administrators. However, if the Club enters administration, then sanctions for the Club are a ten-point deduction and a transfer embargo.

Yet the guy who posted the rules on another forum says that a Notice of intention to appoint administrators also results in a 10 point deduction.

Does anyone have a copy of the rules and can check??????? I'm really hoping this guy is talking bollocks.
Gull in black
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Gull in black »

Looks like good news:
- there are people seriously interesting in buying the club - so hopefully won’t fold.
- there’s an extension to the time available to complete the deal and avoid points deduction.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

TommyGunn wrote: 07 Mar 2024, 13:54 Thanks for that.

Currently the club is not in administration, it has filed with the courts a Notice of Intention to appoint administrators. However, if the Club enters administration, then sanctions for the Club are a ten-point deduction and a transfer embargo.

Yet the guy who posted the rules on another forum says that a Notice of intention to appoint administrators also results in a 10 point deduction.

Does anyone have a copy of the rules and can check??????? I'm really hoping this guy is talking bollocks.
That is incorrect.
Only when actually entering administration do you get 10pts deducted.
Also, I have just spoken with someone at the club and they are confident that one of the proposed interested parties will succeed.
I will not divulge who the person is for their confidentiality.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Flags
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Flags »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 07 Mar 2024, 14:36 That is incorrect.
Only when actually entering administration do you get 10pts deducted.
Also, I have just spoken with someone at the club and they are confident that one of the proposed interested parties will succeed.
I will not divulge who the person is for their confidentiality.
SuperNickyWroe, I'm not sure that's right about Administration, at least in the National Leagues.

The National League Rules can be downloaded here: https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/downloads/rules

Defines Insolvency Event on page 4:

Insolvency Event” means any one of the following:
(a) (Deleted by Flags for brevity)
(b) lodging a Notice of Intention to Appoint an Administrator or Notice of Appointment of an Administrator at the Court in accordance with paragraph 26 or paragraph 29 of Schedule B1 to the 1986 Act,

The penalty for insolvency events is stated on page 43:

13.A.1 If an Insolvency Event shall occur in relation to any Club that Club shall be deducted 10 (ten) points.

So, if the club has filed the refered to Notice of Intention to appoint an Administrator, then it looks to me like the 10 point penalty is due.

Maybe there is some discretion - I've not read the full 129 pages...
Last edited by Flags on 07 Mar 2024, 15:14, edited 1 time in total.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

Super I really hope you are right. But I just read the rules myself.

It says that lodging a Notice of Intention to Appoint an Administrator ( Isn't this what the club has done?) or Notice of
Appointment of an Administrator at the Court is classed as an Insolvency event.
Then it goes on to say. If an Insolvency Event shall occur in relation to any Club that Club shall be deducted 10
(ten) points.

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/downloads/rules

National League Rules 2023/24 Season PDF
https://s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/file ... 057466.pdf

Scroll to down to

Page 4 Insolvency event,(b) lodging a Notice of Intention to Appoint an Administrator or Notice of
Appointment of an Administrator at the Court

Then to down to

Page 43
13.A.1 If an Insolvency Event shall occur in relation to any Club that Club shall be deducted 10
(ten) points.
13.A.2 Where a Club takes or suffers an Insolvency Event:-
13.A.2.1 during the Playing Season but prior to 5:00 p.m. on the fourth Thursday in
March, the points deduction shall apply immediately;
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Vick wrote: 07 Mar 2024, 13:11 ^ Extended for 10 days.
Thanks Vick
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

As yet, we're not insolvent. Wages are being paid and as far as I have heard no-one is demanding money that we can't pay.Decent attendances over the next couple of home games should hopefully see us over the line until the new owner takes over.