MOTM - Aveley

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

MOTM - Aveley

Post by Gulliball »

Up to five players from the bumper crowd today please. I'll post an update to the table this week.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Match played in difficult circumstances on a difficult surface. All players put in a shift with few really standing out in my opinion.

1. Nelson - won a lot of challenges in the air and on the ground. Threw himself into every one as if it were the last.

2. Jarvis - because he was held/fouled/grappled all match with little protection and little service other than high balls.

Would have included Booth who I think will be a real asset and must be lined up as a future captain, if it hadn't been for the penalty challenge which asked for the ref to make a decision.

I have faith we'll still have a team.
Last edited by Taelee73 on 25 Feb 2024, 10:31, edited 2 times in total.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Jenkins-Davies
Nelson
Jude-Boyd
Jarvis
Ash
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

Nelson
Judd-Boyd
Mcgavin
Wjd
Struggling with the 5th one
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Jarvis - terrorised their defence and linked up well with team mates when coming deep
Judd-Boyd - some surging runs deep into Aveley's defence
Ash - very energetic and a good partner for Jarvis
Jenkins Davis - ran his socks off even if there was not always much end-product
Marshall - marshalled his defensive colleagues well
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

Jude-Boyd - Thought he had a really good game, drove forward well and could be a real asset if the loan doesn’t get ended
Nelson - Thought he looked composed on the ball, but did the no nonsense stuff when necessary. Another that will be an asset
Jarvis - Quality was there for all to see, I’d be surprised if there’s no bids for him to take advantage of our situation but nobody can deny he’s clearly above this level
Ash - Pressing was immense, he’s not going to score 20 goals a season for us but his pressing creates chances for others and thought he ran the channels well
Jenkins - Davies - Not everything came off for him, but he didn’t stop running, made some fantastic challenges and had some quality moments going past players. Real quality

Special mention as well to Dawson who I thought made a real difference to the midfield