Where's the money going?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Where's the money going?

Post by Taelee73 »

We've had an amazing output of energy and hopefully money in the last 24 hours, with the anticipation of a season's best attendance tomorrow.

Although it's great we are not in administration yet, where does this leave the money coming in at the moment? Who is deciding how and where it's spent? Someone within the club? Does Osbourne still have a say or any money coming out?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

All Information is on the official site, look under 'what happens next' all gate money will go towards paying staff wages.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Taelee73 »

Yes, I did read that

But who wrote it?

Is this Edwards guy still here, isn't he a stodge for Osbourne? Seeing as we're not in administration, doesn't this still mean those still incharge decide how the money is spent?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Edwards and Hayman were there today. If they dare to show their ugly mugs tomorrow I hope they get what they deserve. The sooner they slink off the better. Hayman has a lot to answer for and in time I will make sure everything comes out so people can clearly see the type of person she really is.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

I’ve asked similar elsewhere as to whether it is mandatory to now be spent in the way announced or whether it is by choice that the Club has announced what is to happen with any funds received since yesterday. As mentioned, we are not yet in Administration and Osborne is currently owner, albeit no longer Chairman. Don’t yet know a definitive, but would also be interested to know.
jonnysix
Trialist
Trialist

Post by jonnysix »

This is what bugs me. Until Admin is confirmed, who's to say that the Land-Grabber can't take all our goodwill cash?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Personally don't know the answer, is it a case of, is Clarke Osborne funding the club or not.

He (CO) says he's no longer funding the club, so if the gate money doesn't get held back to pay the staff wages, then no one will get paid, and we'll soon know the answer.
jonnysix
Trialist
Trialist

Post by jonnysix »

I hate to wait, because I want to buy two ghost tickets for tomorrow, but it feels too much of a gamble that today's positive vibes from the club aren't just 'clever' PR from Osborne.

Should I send £40 to TUST instead, as that's definitely going to people that care for the club?
Last edited by jonnysix on 23 Feb 2024, 23:29, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

As said in my post last night, if Osbourne comes and grabs any goodwill cash after today, then, there will be no money to pay the staff. If your still concerned I'd say the answer to your question is right in front of you.

Send your money to the TUST.
gullsdiv2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Louis Briscoe

Post by gullsdiv2 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 20:03 Edwards and Hayman were there today. If they dare to show their ugly mugs tomorrow I hope they get what they deserve. The sooner they slink off the better. Hayman has a lot to answer for and in time I will make sure everything comes out so people can clearly see the type of person she really is.
There are still fans on social media who have been defending her claiming she is a true Torquay United fan. I think it’s about time the fanbase knew about her role in all of this, even from before GI were on the scene. She is a true villian hidden in plain sight!
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Taelee73 »

What is it the rest of us don’t know?

Is it rumours, here-say or is there factual evidence?

What’s the insinuation, money?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Exactly, if there's evidence that's backed, it's in the public interest to reveal it.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Taelee73 wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 11:09 What is it the rest of us don’t know?

Is it rumours, here-say or is there factual evidence?

What’s the insinuation, money?
You do know, you've just not twigged yet. Facts are not rumours.
Dave

WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by WestLondonYellow »

Southampton Gull wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 11:19 You do know, you've just not twigged yet. Facts are not rumours.
Certainly will be useful to understand a bit more about what been going on. I felt that she was perhaps trapped in the headlights a bit, especially on the sofa episode we endured, trapped and silenced by the monthly salary. Seems I may have been wrong about that.
Best saved for another day I imagine and focus on today’s game.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

She can't be a very good financial advisor or accountant to oversee a business losing an average of £20k a week for over a decade can she?
Dave