New Revenue ideas?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Chelston TUFC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Chelston TUFC »

Stadium naming rights?

A new/fourth kit? Maybe a design to reflect current position

A special kit for last game of the season......pay £50 and each name is incorporated into the kit design?

A draw eg £10 to enter......winner gets to have a match day experience, (join the team prior to the game, on the bench during the game, changing room at half time and full time)
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Chelston TUFC wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 21:14 Stadium naming rights?

A new/fourth kit? Maybe a design to reflect current position

A special kit for last game of the season......pay £50 and each name is incorporated into the kit design?

A draw eg £10 to enter......winner gets to have a match day experience, (join the team prior to the game, on the bench during the game, changing room at half time and full time)
Sitting on the bench is a no no, only those listed on the teamsheet are allowed on the bench.
Yeofan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yeofan »

I contacted Yeovil suggesting they offer the same deal as Weymouth for the away tickets for the Yeovil v Torquay game. Hope they see sense.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Well done Yeofan thank you.
Fozziefan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Fozziefan »

How about asking Ollie Watkins to bring the Villa down for a friendly? I just read that he was born in Torbay hospital and lived in Newton Abbot 😱 or maybe he could donate a match shirt for auction.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

My next door neighbours grandson played with Ollie at Exeter City so I have followed Ollie's career closely. Great young man.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Sods law our academy was closed when he was coming through or we surely would have had him. Bet we wouldn't have got 1.8 million for him though.
Chill
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Chill »

Bristol_Gull wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 22:50 Here are a few other quick fire ideas

- Save Our Club Crowdfunding campaign with local and national appeal. Use social media, local media, and club website to highlight the situation and encourage donations.

- Charity matches (think former players and ex-pros who support grassroots football)

- Sponsored walking football (with ex pros) - this caught my attention at AFC Bournemouth where we now live https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/club-news/c ... all-match/

- Auctions; memorabilia, gifted items from local businesses

- Exclusive / Retro merch - see above. Other desirable items could be created, including re-runs of classic kits.

- Sell naming rights to the stadium (controversial perhaps!)

- Business Partnerships - for example borrowing ideas like ‘Eat Out to Help Out’ in partnership with local restaurants who create special menus with a portion of proceeds donated to the club,

- Online 50/50 draw - go BIG! Perhaps make it an 80/20 draw in favour of the club

- NLS Fantasy Football league - get fans from across the country involved. Pay to play, % process to TUFC.

- Digital match day programme - expand reach beyond the game with a digital programme that includes wider sponsorship opportunities, purchase programme via fixed price or minimum donation. It means fans who can’t get to the game can still contribute

- Boots and Laces Mega Quiz Night - pay to play, nominal prizes for winners. Proceeds to club.

- Community fundraisers - involve the local community, schools etc to host fun fundraising activities.

- Sell out concert @ Plainmoor - put on a fundraising concert with major bands, perhaps Muse would pay homeage to their wider roots? Think Live 8 for local football!

- Run a ‘Soccer 7s’ tournament and festival - this is another HUGE one from Bournemouth based on the rugby 7s which attracts 30,000 people each year. https://www.bournemouth7s.com/

- Sell Player NFTs (current and historic) - NFTs (Non-fungible tokens) are unique digital assets and artwork and could include collectible things like player cards. Funds could go to player wages

- Collectible player cards - same idea as above using the old school method. Think those World Cup stick books that come round every 4 years. I’ve still got piles of cards from when we had 4 divisions!

- Matchday bundle - create various ticket options for example 1) ticket and a pint, 2) ticket, pint and chips 3) ticket and home shirt - ideally include items where there is already a high profit margin on the items so that discounts can still be offered to purchasers.
Very commendable ideas, but in reality that's all they are, commendable, because most of them wouldn't run the club for five minutes let alone a season. I don't have any ideas commendable or otherwise, but the one thing that shouldn't remain an idea and be put into place at the next home game is the return of paying cash on the day. Why it was cancelled beggars belief.

Nope, ideas aren't going to save us and the only thing that will is a very nice person with very deep pockets. :nod:
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Skillsy »

The reason cash was stopped was that some of it was, er, going missing. In view of this I would suggest a system where you can pay on the gate using contactless.

I would also abolish the £2 surcharge on the day. Surely we want as many to turn up last minute as possible rather than penalising them.
Chill
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Chill »

Chill wrote: 29 Feb 2024, 21:12 Very commendable ideas, but in reality that's all they are, commendable, because most of them wouldn't run the club for five minutes let alone a season. I don't have any ideas commendable or otherwise, but the one thing that shouldn't remain an idea and be put into place at the next home game is the return of paying cash on the day. Why it was cancelled beggars belief.

Nope, ideas aren't going to save us and the only thing that will is a very nice person with very deep pockets. :nod:
Having been left somewhat red-faced by Bristol Gull and his seemingly endless ideas for new revenue, I thought I'd better put my thinking cap on. So today I emailed an American billionaire, because if Wrexham can do it why can't we? This person fits the criteria perfectly, being a very nice person (so not Jeff Bezos) and with that sort of money their pockets must be pretty deep. I must stress though, that the holding of breath is not to be undertaken!
dagglebert
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by dagglebert »

One of the many failures of the Osborne regime was to not do much on this front, a new ground being really the only substantive proposal. When Frank Warren took over Leyton Orient ("yours for a pound"), the first thing he did was revamp the club shop, doubling its size, and the commercial operation. A new stand was financed by building flats at the corners of the ground, and a nightclub under the new stand. Not necessarily appropriate for Plainmoor, but shows what being innovative and proactive can do.
dagglebert
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by dagglebert »

Barrie Hearn, not Frank Warren! Sorry !
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Chill wrote: 01 Mar 2024, 21:19 Having been left somewhat red-faced by Bristol Gull and his seemingly endless ideas for new revenue, I thought I'd better put my thinking cap on. So today I emailed an American billionaire, because if Wrexham can do it why can't we? This person fits the criteria perfectly, being a very nice person (so not Jeff Bezos) and with that sort of money their pockets must be pretty deep. I must stress though, that the holding of breath is not to be undertaken!
Is it Mark Cuban?

It's Mark Cuban, isn't it?
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

Biggest thing we can do to increase revenue is to get more people through the turnstile. Easiest way for that is for the team to start winning again. A little more quality on the playing staff would pay for itself and more. The players are out there, some may only want to be part time and we would have to work to accommodate that.
If the players do their bit on the pitch, then it's easy for us fans to get our mates to come along.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Brewers boy wrote: 07 Mar 2024, 21:43 Biggest thing we can do to increase revenue is to get more people through the turnstile. Easiest way for that is for the team to start winning again. A little more quality on the playing staff would pay for itself and more. The players are out there, some may only want to be part time and we would have to work to accommodate that.
If the players do their bit on the pitch, then it's easy for us fans to get our mates to come along.
we're not going to be signing any more playrers when the club doesn't have anybody paying the bills.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.