New Revenue ideas?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

New Revenue ideas?

Post by greb46 »

Osborne wasn't interested in the growth of the club more it's demise but there must be many possibilities of earning extra revenue.For one allowing supporters to pay at the gate rather than having to pay online.Not everyone is up to Internet Technology potentially losing a lot of extra income.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

I literally sent this to Sharon Musker, Commercial Director, 10 minutes ago:

“A difficult day for all involved I’m sure.

I had a simple idea to raise funds - I, like many others, missed out on the limited edition black 1899 shirt.

Given the circumstances, could the club release a new batch of the limited edition kit to help raise funds for the club?

This is a spur of the moment idea because I was looking at tickets for the weekend and saw the club shirts pop up below the ticket options, however I have built my career in business strategy, driving revenue growth and helping to transform business performance so I will apportion some time this weekend to develop further ideas with more depth of thought.”
Last edited by Bristol_Gull on 22 Feb 2024, 23:05, edited 2 times in total.
TorquayUntied
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by TorquayUntied »

greb46 wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 22:34 Osborne wasn't interested in the growth of the club more it's demise but there must be many possibilities of earning extra revenue.For one allowing supporters to pay at the gate rather than having to pay online.Not everyone is up to Internet Technology potentially losing a lot of extra income.
Yet cost of employing gate people and the cost of staff to count the cash and then cost to bank it etc etc.

Ok so probably at a loss already.

Next please.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by greb46 »

Possibly it's put out as ideas , negative comments aren't helpful please think of something also
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

TorquayUnited wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 22:40 Yet cost of employing gate people and the cost of staff to count the cash and then cost to bank it etc etc.

Next please.
You'd only need two gates.
One by the family stand and one at the pop - designated as "Cash Only"
I'm sure that after todays events, there would be a few volunteers as well.
Cash could then be taken into the Gulls Nest before being banked by the person that does the banking already.....
You're making a problem when there isn't one.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

greb46 wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 22:42 Possibly it's put out as ideas , negative comments aren't helpful please think of something also
:goodpost:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Here are a few other quick fire ideas

- Save Our Club Crowdfunding campaign with local and national appeal. Use social media, local media, and club website to highlight the situation and encourage donations.

- Charity matches (think former players and ex-pros who support grassroots football)

- Sponsored walking football (with ex pros) - this caught my attention at AFC Bournemouth where we now live https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/club-news/c ... all-match/

- Auctions; memorabilia, gifted items from local businesses

- Exclusive / Retro merch - see above. Other desirable items could be created, including re-runs of classic kits.

- Sell naming rights to the stadium (controversial perhaps!)

- Business Partnerships - for example borrowing ideas like ‘Eat Out to Help Out’ in partnership with local restaurants who create special menus with a portion of proceeds donated to the club,

- Online 50/50 draw - go BIG! Perhaps make it an 80/20 draw in favour of the club

- NLS Fantasy Football league - get fans from across the country involved. Pay to play, % process to TUFC.

- Digital match day programme - expand reach beyond the game with a digital programme that includes wider sponsorship opportunities, purchase programme via fixed price or minimum donation. It means fans who can’t get to the game can still contribute

- Boots and Laces Mega Quiz Night - pay to play, nominal prizes for winners. Proceeds to club.

- Community fundraisers - involve the local community, schools etc to host fun fundraising activities.

- Sell out concert @ Plainmoor - put on a fundraising concert with major bands, perhaps Muse would pay homeage to their wider roots? Think Live 8 for local football!

- Run a ‘Soccer 7s’ tournament and festival - this is another HUGE one from Bournemouth based on the rugby 7s which attracts 30,000 people each year. https://www.bournemouth7s.com/

- Sell Player NFTs (current and historic) - NFTs (Non-fungible tokens) are unique digital assets and artwork and could include collectible things like player cards. Funds could go to player wages

- Collectible player cards - same idea as above using the old school method. Think those World Cup stick books that come round every 4 years. I’ve still got piles of cards from when we had 4 divisions!

- Matchday bundle - create various ticket options for example 1) ticket and a pint, 2) ticket, pint and chips 3) ticket and home shirt - ideally include items where there is already a high profit margin on the items so that discounts can still be offered to purchasers.
Last edited by Bristol_Gull on 22 Feb 2024, 23:14, edited 7 times in total.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by greb46 »

:goodpost:
SuperNickyWroe wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 22:49 You'd only need two gates.
Cash could then be taken into the Gulls Nest before being banked by the person that does the banking already.....
Dubs76
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Dubs76 »

Also the use of card machines is an option for allowing supporters to pay at the gate, just one tap and no cashing up to worry about.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

TorquayUnited wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 22:40 Yet cost of employing gate people and the cost of staff to count the cash and then cost to bank it etc etc.

Next please.
Is there no end to the nonsense you post as fact? I'm sure our very own gateman can shed some light on the vast amount you seem to think he gets paid at the turnstiles. Counting cash is hardly a costly exercise, plenty of businesses do it every day and banking cash is only a challenge in rural areas. Get a grip man, extra revenue from people who either don't like/use the Internet or can't commit to going until close to kick off is a no brainer. Yet more nonsense from you. Perhaps a name change is in order for your account. I'm sure other members could suggest a more applicable one.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Peter Coffill

Post by Colorado »

Bristol_Gull wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 22:50 Here are a few other quick fire ideas

- Save Our Club Crowdfunding campaign with local and national appeal. Use social media, local media, and club website to highlight the situation and encourage donations.

- Charity matches (think former players and ex-pros who support grassroots football)

- Sponsored walking football (with ex pros) - this caught my attention at AFC Bournemouth where we now live https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/club-news/c ... all-match/

- Auctions; memorabilia, gifted items from local businesses

- Exclusive / Retro merch - see above. Other desirable items could be created, including re-runs of classic kits.

- Sell naming rights to the stadium (controversial perhaps!)

- Business Partnerships - for example borrowing ideas like ‘Eat Out to Help Out’ in partnership with local restaurants who create special menus with a portion of proceeds donated to the club,

- Online 50/50 draw - go BIG! Perhaps make it an 80/20 draw in favour of the club

- NLS Fantasy Football league - get fans from across the country involved. Pay to play, % process to TUFC.

- Digital match day programme - expand reach beyond the game with a digital programme that includes wider sponsorship opportunities, purchase programme via fixed price or minimum donation. It means fans who can’t get to the game can still contribute

- Boots and Laces Mega Quiz Night - pay to play, nominal prizes for winners. Proceeds to club.

- Community fundraisers - involve the local community, schools etc to host fun fundraising activities.

- Sell out concert @ Plainmoor - put on a fundraising concert with major bands, perhaps Muse would pay homeage to their wider roots? Think Live 8 for local football!

- Run a ‘Soccer 7s’ tournament and festival - this is another HUGE one from Bournemouth based on the rugby 7s which attracts 30,000 people each year. https://www.bournemouth7s.com/

- Sell Player NFTs (current and historic) - NFTs (Non-fungible tokens) are unique digital assets and artwork and could include collectible things like player cards. Funds could go to player wages

- Collectible player cards - same idea as above using the old school method. Think those World Cup stick books that come round every 4 years. I’ve still got piles of cards from when we had 4 divisions!

- Matchday bundle - create various ticket options for example 1) ticket and a pint, 2) ticket, pint and chips 3) ticket and home shirt - ideally include items where there is already a high profit margin on the items so that discounts can still be offered to purchasers.
Wow!!!
Obviously all ideas at this time that need capital.
But man you are positive!!!!
Well done Bristol Gull
Incredigull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Incredigull »

As my season ticket money has gone down the toilet I will buy a ticket for remaining games.

I am also up for the limited edition black shirt. Been regretting a missed opportunity.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 22:49 You'd only need two gates.
Well said SNW, these idiots that put obstacles in the way and have no sensible suggestions are not helping the Club.

I would willingly help to facilitate cash sales or evan card sales on selected turnstiles, if cash needed to be counted volunteers could be found.

Who is in charge and makes the decisions, now the rats have left the ship?
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

Next please.
You would hope that anyone interested in the future of the club might give their time for free.
Not everyone is mercenary, and in it for their own end, like Edwards and Osborne. As per an earlier post. This sounds like someone from within the club trying to sneer at the supporters like usual
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

I had a message for Maidstone United fan saying that he had contributed to the GoFundMe page, but I don’t see a link for that anywhere in these posts. It is obviously out there if fans of other clubs are putting money in.