New Revenue ideas?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TUST_Official
Verified by Admin
Verified by Admin

Post by TUST_Official »

In light of the current situation, fans are understandably very concerned about the future of the club and some have started setting up various Go Fund Me accounts to help raise money. However it is important that fundraising is properly coordinated and done at the right time with TUST currently in the process of setting up a crowd funding page and request that all fans wait for this before making any donations.
Official Account of Torquay United Supporters Trust
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Yellow6 wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 08:06 I had a message for Maidstone United fan saying that he had contributed to the GoFundMe page, but I don’t see a link for that anywhere in these posts. It is obviously out there if fans of other clubs are putting money in.
I know of at least one GoFundMe that was set up by a fan. No doubt it's well meant, but I'd suggest that if you do want to donate, wait until the Trust has set on up - that way you can be sure it'll be put to good use and you'll get a lot more info on what's being done with it.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Jpr »

1. Stadium Tours £10 each using players from the past/present.

2. Local bands using the away end as the stage (music festivals) just like they did at the one day cricket games on tv.

3. get players past and present to do talks in boots and laces for all ages to go too £5 for kids £10 for adults £8 oap and season ticket holders.

4. Photos with players say £5 each, sure some photographers would donate some time to do this.

5. Live stream away games on big screen in stadium
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Jpr »

Jpr wrote: 25 Feb 2024, 11:39 1. Stadium Tours £10 each using players from the past/present.

2. Local bands using the away end as the stage (music festivals) just like they did at the one day cricket games on tv.

3. get players past and present to do talks in boots and laces for all ages to go too £5 for kids £10 for adults £8 oap and season ticket holders.

4. Photos with players say £5 each, sure some photographers would donate some time to do this. Photos in the goal mouths on the pitch.

5. Live stream away games on big screen in stadium and make a day of it with live bands before and after the game.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Ground sharing
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

We had Yellow fest with local bands a few years ago, hardly anyone turned up.
It would have to be big acts, then we'd have a problem with parking.

Ground sharing has to be considered, although our pitch isn't holding up so well and we'd have matches called off. But with both Truro and Taunton both needing pitches, why not.
The Eternal Optimist
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by The Eternal Optimist »

One of the most effective ways of making money, with extra benefit, is if yesterday's gate of over 3600 is repeated at every home game from now until the end of the season. There is also the extra money that is spent at the stadium. This would be a great encouragement for the players and Aaron Downes. Even if we keep losing we still need to have gates of this order if the residents of Torquay want to keep their football team.
Please keep coming.
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Jpr »

The Eternal Optimist wrote: 25 Feb 2024, 18:26 One of the most effective ways of making money, with extra benefit, is if yesterday's gate of over 3600 is repeated at every home game from now until the end of the season. There is also the extra money that is spent at the stadium. This would be a great encouragement for the players and Aaron Downes. Even if we keep losing we still need to have gates of this order if the residents of Torquay want to keep their football team.
Please keep coming.

:goodpost:
Sesimbra
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sam Collins

Post by Sesimbra »

As someone who supported Torquay in the fifties (Sam Collins, Ronnie Shaw, Don Mills et al) and followed the Magpies/Gulls since I will gladly support the Club now that Osborne and Johnson are gone. Osborne intentions were well known. Johnson were not. In addition to purchasing a ticket for home matches, which I cannot attend due to my age and distance, I would also like to pay for a ticket for a supporter who cannot genuinely afford to attend. This would be for all home matches this season.
Coming from Paignton I have always had Torquay United in my heart. No other team comes close.
If you know anyone who fits this category PM me
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Skillsy »

Sesimbra wrote: 26 Feb 2024, 18:35 As someone who supported Torquay in the fifties (Sam Collins, Ronnie Shaw, Don Mills et al) and followed the Magpies/Gulls since I will gladly support the Club now that Osborne and Johnson are gone. Osborne intentions were well known. Johnson were not. In addition to purchasing a ticket for home matches, which I cannot attend due to my age and distance, I would also like to pay for a ticket for a supporter who cannot genuinely afford to attend. This would be for all home matches this season.
Coming from Paignton I have always had Torquay United in my heart. No other team comes close.
If you know anyone who fits this category PM me
What an extremely generous idea :scarf:
Brixham63
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Brixham63 »

Like me, if your an exile (Midland) buy a ticket on the Pop for the remaining home games. I’ll be shouting at the radio commentary sitting in the garden probably in the rain drinking Bovril..
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

If the guy on the tea bar in the corner at Bristows can't up his game and speed things up, then rent a space for a burger van. 20 minute queue for a cuppa is no fun. How many look at the queue and don't bother?
Correct me if I'm wrong,but I thought that at this level, It's legal to have a beer whilst watching the game. Certainly at Weston there was no problem taking your plastic glass outside to drink and watch.
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by WestLondonYellow »

Brewers boy wrote: 26 Feb 2024, 19:23 If the guy on the tea bar in the corner at Bristows can't up his game and speed things up, then rent a space for a burger van. 20 minute queue for a cuppa is no fun. How many look at the queue and don't bother?
Correct me if I'm wrong,but I thought that at this level, It's legal to have a beer whilst watching the game. Certainly at Weston there was no problem taking your plastic glass outside to drink and watch.
The whole catering and drinks options have been massively lacking for years, it wouldn’t be difficult to improve it 10 times over, and bring some much better options in
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

WestLondonYellow wrote: 26 Feb 2024, 19:35 The whole catering and drinks options have been massively lacking for years, it wouldn’t be difficult to improve it 10 times over, and bring some much better options in
Get three young ladies and a decent Manager in the restaurant offering a carvery at a realistic price, cut out talks by our Ladies team conducted by someone who is embarrisingly poor in everything he does.
I have a money making idea that would bring in £500 per game - that is £11500 a season plus cup games.

You may ask what is the Commercial Managers input, so would I ! Let us get rid of Edwards etc, then kick on. The support is there, just look at last Saturday.

COYY
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Skillsy »

I would suggest a Supporters Fund, whereby those willing and able to contribute pay via a Standing Order each month. No set amount, just what people can afford.

I think this would be a good idea to start now, and continue after we’ve (hopefully) been saved from extinction.