New Revenue ideas?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

wbw wrote: 10 Mar 2024, 21:12 Been called lots of things, but never a troll before lol. Just giving opinion, agree with it or not, it's up to you....but at least try and be polite.
Irony at its best. If you can't take it don't dish it out.

You're obviously OK with getting behind a man who has a history of despicable 'successes' to the detriment of various sporting institutions just like he would have happily seen become us. We're not shot of him yet but I'll personally be happy to be shot of him. Long live TUFC.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
wbw
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by wbw »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 11 Mar 2024, 10:15 :goodpost:
Well put mate - another good Dave post.... :clap:
Getting sick of them now tbh.... :rofl:
Also, I'm sure there are some professional people out there that would now love to get involved with TUFC in some capacity moving forward to help out - whether they are football, financial, medical etc. now that they would be able too and be welcomed.....
Lots of professional people already do 😏
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Dave wrote: 10 Mar 2024, 20:58 No we don't have to go part-time, nor do we need someone to throw a £million quid a year away either. Don't know why I'm even responding to a troll, and WBW is a troll who should be ignored.

For a start if the club hadn't thrown long term over bloated contracts at an over bloated first team management and coaching structure, doubt the club would have been losing such eye watering sums.

Said on this forum more times than I can remember, trim the fat, this club can and hopefully will be run better and more efficiently, for a start both the assistant and goalkeeper coaching could be a combined with playing role, and we don't need the managers brother in a job for the boys role getting paid to to do nothing , scouting/recruitment could be farmed out cheaper than having a permanent wage on the books.

Would also be cheaper in the long term to have a better more worth system of checking potential new signings aren't arriving at TQ1 as the walking wounded before they've even kicked a ball for us, when your short of money it's vital you get maximum production out of all players, injury's and suspensions of course can't be helped, but can be kept to a minimum.

Of course any new owner will have to bring stability followed by a period of sustainability, how does that happen, well I've been banging on here for 10 years or more about this. It's not about throwing big money and 3 year contracts at big names we clearly can't afford, it absolutely is about scouting, we've seen already Austen Booth grow in stature and confidence, the entire South West counties is full of semi-pro Austen Booth types who'd jump at the chance at one last shot at professional football, find them, develop them, and we might seen the odd incoming transfer fee.
:goodpost: Added to that the office staff needs pruning to match our level......ie We have volunteers, NOT paid people. Match day hosts should not be full-time, filling in with nondescript activities to justify their wages.

How we have a media manager and people below him defies belief, we are NOT Arsenal or Man City, we should have ONE doing specific work only. The guy doing the halftime draw is awful - get rid of him! One of the injured players could do that if he was not playing. The girl who is seen taking photos does very little ,- another wage saved. Even the Commercial Manager needs to update her game. All too often we do not have a sponsor, WHY...it is her job to find one for EVERY match. Find someone that is proactive and more appealing. Video analysts, kit man etc should be volunteers. I sincerely hope we cut our cloth accordingly, although I would remain full time.

ANY volunteers please step forward to help the Club. I would help in any way I could.

See you all tomorrow.
COYY.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

wbw wrote: 11 Mar 2024, 10:59 Lots of professional people already do 😏
And obviously some better than others.......
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Let people go for a fag/vape at HT and charge them a quid.
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

North Curry House wrote: 11 Mar 2024, 14:19 :goodpost: Added to that the office staff needs pruning to match our level......ie We have volunteers, NOT paid people. Match day hosts should not be full-time, filling in with nondescript activities to justify their wages.

How we have a media manager and people below him defies belief, we are NOT Arsenal or Man City, we should have ONE doing specific work only. The guy doing the halftime draw is awful - get rid of him! One of the injured players could do that if he was not playing. The girl who is seen taking photos does very little ,- another wage saved. Even the Commercial Manager needs to update her game. All too often we do not have a sponsor, WHY...it is her job to find one for EVERY match. Find someone that is proactive and more appealing. Video analysts, kit man etc should be volunteers. I sincerely hope we cut our cloth accordingly, although I would remain full time.

ANY volunteers please step forward to help the Club. I would help in any way I could.

See you all tomorrow.
COYY.
You are talking about people's livelihoods, you know the sort of thing paying the rent, putting food on the table. Have a bit of compassion.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

CornishGull wrote: 11 Mar 2024, 20:07 You are talking about people's livelihoods, you know the sort of thing paying the rent, putting food on the table. Have a bit of compassion.
If the club went out of business,then there would be no job for anyone...better to cut out the dead wood (those that are surplus to requirements), which we can ill afford. Then the slimmed down group would be expected to contribute. TUFC are not a charity, so you final statement appears odd and has no relevance.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

wbw wrote: 11 Mar 2024, 10:59 Lots of professional people already do 😏
With losses averaging 20k a week over a period of years some are clearly not good at their job. Mel Hayman should resign ASAP.
Dave

Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Skillsy »

North Curry…

The bit about Sharon Musker, Commercial Manager, is nonsense. She does a great job under very difficult conditions. It’s very easy to say she should find a sponsor for every game, but the reality is very different. There is not a massive queue of people wanting to sponsor matches. That type of comment reads like someone who has no real understanding of the situation.

I do agree, however, that we are probably over staffed and cutbacks may be necessary.
wbw
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by wbw »

Southampton Gull wrote: 11 Mar 2024, 20:55 With losses averaging 20k a week over a period of years some are clearly not good at their job. Mel Hayman should resign ASAP.
It's nothing to do with her or anyone else's ability.
If the gaffer, whose money it is, budgets for a £1 million loss each year, the employees under his control just get on with it.
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

Perhaps the club could try selling beer in the Gulls nest or Boots and laces. We have a selection of decent lagers and cider, but that John smiths is just horsepiss.
There are plenty of local breweries that could provide a better brew, and keep the money local.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

wbw wrote: 11 Mar 2024, 21:57 It's nothing to do with her or anyone else's ability.
If the gaffer, whose money it is, budgets for a £1 million loss each year, the employees under his control just get on with it.
Absolute nonsense but on a par with your usual pathetic responses. The sooner the club is run by sensible people with good business accumen the better.
Dave

Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Skillsy »

Dave,

Specifically, why is wbw's post nonsense?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Because for one she's a Director not an employee and secondly she's supposedly an accountant and fan of TUFC. Do you find it sensible to see the club run up losses of 20k a week? I sure as hell do not!!

Also, ask him who had the bright idea of implementing the suicidal cheap season ticket deal that ultimately brought about the opportunity for Osborne to acquire the club in the first place. Of course he knows this but his task on here is to deflect the blame from those who deserve it. Quite simply he is trolling the forum as observd by another reputable poster.
Dave

WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by WestLondonYellow »

Southampton Gull wrote: 11 Mar 2024, 23:45 Because for one she's a Director not an employee and secondly she's supposedly an accountant and fan of TUFC. Do you find it sensible to see the club run up losses of 20k a week? I sure as hell do not!!

Also, ask him who had the bright idea of implementing the suicidal cheap season ticket deal that ultimately brought about the opportunity for Osborne to acquire the club in the first place. Of course he knows this but his task on here is to deflect the blame from those who deserve it. Quite simply he is trolling the forum as observd by another reputable poster.
:goodpost: