Potential Buyers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Why would Chris Dawson be at the match yesterday sitting with our directors etc if he wasn't interested ?
Yellowarmy79
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Super Kevin Hill
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Yellowarmy79 »

Wow this post is all very doom and gloom!

We don’t even know who the preferred bidder is yet but some are being very negative about the names that are being banded around as gossip as it stands. In my opinion I don’t care who the preferred bidder is…..as long as it gets Osbourne, Edwards and Hayman out of our club!

Should Chris Dawson be the preferred bidder I really couldn’t give a monkeys why he didn’t invest in Argyle a few years ago, I’ll be grateful that he has decided to invest in our club now! If he wants to use the club as a tax loophole good luck to him, as long as he’s doing it by investing into the team……any advice my way on tax loopholes I’d take from him too!

That goes likewise for James from Brewdog, if either, both or A N Other is the preferred bidders I will be doing all I can to thank them for helping us keep our club going and doing what I can do support them to get us back to a decent quality of football to watch to start with then hopefully a better standard to play in along what hopefully will be a fun ride and bring back some good days, there aren’t always many but when they come around it’s always fun!
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

desperado wrote: 14 Apr 2024, 20:33 Why would Chris Dawson be at the match yesterday sitting with our directors etc if he wasn't interested ?
Read on one Facebook group that someone who works for him said it’s not him anyway.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

desperado wrote: 14 Apr 2024, 20:33 Why would Chris Dawson be at the match yesterday sitting with our directors etc if he wasn't interested ?
we've no idea whether the picture is of him.
we've no idea whether, even assuming the pic *is* him, that he was there as a prospective owner
we've no idea about anything

The reason we don't know anything is because the club have told us nothing beyond the fact that's there's a 'preferred bidder'. We know from the TUST that it's not the bid they were involved with. At this point everything is pure speculation. Presumably the preferred bidder is doing due diligence. providing evidence of funding, that sort of thing. I also would expect them to waiting until we know exactly what divisino we'll be in next season, as that surely makes a material difference to the value of the club
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Presumably the preferred bidder comes up to the credentials required.It does sound as though they haven't stated an exact figure for purchasing the club otherwise you wouldn't wait to see what division we would be in if they'd already made a firm offer financially.
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

Well whoever's buying us they need to get a move on so they can offer a substantial win bonus over the next two games and motivate the players and at least keep us up.
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

I hope to God it isn't Chris Dawson. The bare minimum we need going forward is an owner who is at the very least a football fan. Dawson isn't and then you've got to ask yourself why does he want the club, we may have not heard the last about a new stadium.
BTW other on Alan Merson's site he says Dawson was rumoured to have said that if he brought Argyle he would knock it down and build flats.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

This is getting tiresome - has there been a proposed / rumoured bidder someone hasn't said ' Oh God we don't want him !'
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

desperado wrote: 15 Apr 2024, 09:13 This is getting tiresome - has there been a proposed / rumoured bidder someone hasn't said ' Oh God we don't want him !'
Agree 100%.

Whoever it is, be it Brewdog, be it The Range, be it Poundland, we're all going to have something to moan about once they are announced...and that is the crux of it... WHEN they are announced. All this speculation and rumours is doing my head in.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

United62 wrote: 15 Apr 2024, 09:16 Agree 100%.

Whoever it is, be it Brewdog, be it The Range, be it Poundland, we're all going to have something to moan about once they are announced...and that is the crux of it... WHEN they are announced. All this speculation and rumours is doing my head in.
You have to question the motives of those that consider any potential bidder to be a negative in some shape or form, those that support a particular bidder, those that support only a TUST based model, how many, we do not want them comments are on this particular link, its just mischief making, remember, we have until the national league AGM in June to resolve this or else it is a phoenix club of some description, while we may be blessed with many very rich people in south devon how many are daft enough to throw millions at the club to get us in a position where most of us think we should be,and of those small select group, who will pass the most rigorous sniff test of propriety.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Forest gull wrote: 14 Apr 2024, 21:16 Read on one Facebook group that someone who works for him said it’s not him anyway.
oh so we do not have to worry....it is on Facebook with all the other sad bastards.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

culmstockgull wrote: 15 Apr 2024, 09:35 You have to question the motives of those that consider any potential bidder to be a negative in some shape or form, those that support a particular bidder, those that support only a TUST based model, how many, we do not want them comments are on this particular link, its just mischief making, remember, we have until the national league AGM in June to resolve this or else it is a phoenix club of some description, while we may be blessed with many very rich people in south devon how many are daft enough to throw millions at the club to get us in a position where most of us think we should be,and of those small select group, who will pass the most rigorous sniff test of propriety.
Don't we require a bond and a plan in place before the AGM? Like whether we will be full time /part time. Have a manager lined up a plan to recruit players.
They probably wont take any chances and just relegate us if it's just a vague idea. Whats that about 7 weeks to get that sorted?
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

The League AGM is Wednesday 19th June 2024 (Subject to FA Approval).

That is 65 days and counting. We need to be out of administration by then.

Our club faces a huge 6 days of football, followed by hoping someone will save us and their solicitors get the paperwork's through.
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

CornishGull wrote: 15 Apr 2024, 09:05 I hope to God it isn't Chris Dawson. The bare minimum we need going forward is an owner who is at the very least a football fan. Dawson isn't and then you've got to ask yourself why does he want the club, we may have not heard the last about a new stadium.
BTW other on Alan Merson's site he says Dawson was rumoured to have said that if he brought Argyle he would knock it down and build flats.
Brilliant post, and wholeheartedly agree with you 👍...
IJN
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by IJN »

I doubt that Chris Dawson would EVER go to a football game.

I think someone is having a laugh at your expense people. :oops: