Potential Buyers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Potential Buyers

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Who could be potential buyers for the club?

Is anyone aware of any loyal fans with sizeable wealth or strong commercial interests?

Does anyone have contact with Joe Woods, founder of WKD Drinks which started in Torquay? Could he be a possible fit.

Could a fan based consortium work? How would this work in practice?

Any other suggestions?
TheYellowFromExeter
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by TheYellowFromExeter »

Chris Dawson, the Range owner, I know he’s a janner but he might be interested
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Legendary cinematographer Roger Deakins was born in Torquay, does he have any interest in football?
Dav99
New Signing
New Signing
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dav99 »

How about The Fragrance Group ?
They have built / are building several new hotels in the bay .
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

It's more likely to be someone we all know and who has been trying to get a stake in the club for several years. Time to be realistic as to our situation.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Southampton Gull wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 06:16 It's more likely to be someone we all know and who has been trying to get a stake in the club for several years. Time to be realistic as to our situation.
Indeed and that’s what worries me if the name being bandied about is who it ends up being.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

hector wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 06:56 Indeed and that’s what worries me if the name being bandied about is who it ends up being.
His previous club aren't doing too badly as a result of his time there so if it means a period of stability whilst living within our means that has to be better than the risks associated with Osborne and a lot more preferable than administration. That's how I'm viewing it anyway.
Dave

Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Jpr »

Southampton Gull wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 07:13 His previous club aren't doing too badly as a result of his time there so if it means a period of stability whilst living within our means that has to be better than the risks associated with Osborne and a lot more preferable than administration. That's how I'm viewing it anyway.

:goodpost:
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Peter Coffill

Post by Colorado »

These guys are walking the walk and have tons of connections. Will Ferrell for one comes to mind.

What’s the harm in reaching out.

Think big guys
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Peter Coffill

Post by Colorado »

Administrators.
Pick up the phone and call Ryan Reynolds or Rob McElaney.

I’m sure they have NO INTEREST in buying the team but they DO KNOW a whole lot of wealthy Americans who might actually like to make a similar name for themselves….Will Ferrell comes to mind but I’m guessing there’s a whole lot more

Torbay has some unique features that could make it attractive with its capacity for tourism, natural beauty, proximity to ocean sports etc.

Getting 5000 fans in Plainmoor would be a good way to spark their interest
Owlgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Owlgull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 06:16 It's more likely to be someone we all know and who has been trying to get a stake in the club for several years. Time to be realistic as to our situation.
I have been suggesting the Fragrance Group too. There is a clear correlation with them and the tourism that Torquay United bring (can bring) into the area. It seems like a perfect partnership to me. Imagine the team coach done out in blue and yellow with palm trees sponsored by this group travelling the country advertising as they go! Hang on, I think I just saw a flock of pigs flying past the window……….
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Southampton Gull wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 07:13 His previous club aren't doing too badly as a result of his time there so if it means a period of stability whilst living within our means that has to be better than the risks associated with Osborne and a lot more preferable than administration. That's how I'm viewing it anyway.
Maybe we’re thinking of different people. I’m thinking of a fairly localish club that were turfed out of their ground on a promise of a new one and left homeless, and now play over 120 miles away from their home base.
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

Dav99 wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 04:13 How about The Fragrance Group ?
They have built / are building several new hotels in the bay .
So we've just escaped the clutches of a property developer with no personal interest in football and you suggest we should sell out to some property developers with no personal interest in football.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

hector wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 09:40 Maybe we’re thinking of different people. I’m thinking of a fairly localish club that were turfed out of their ground on a promise of a new one and left homeless, and now play over 120 miles away from their home base.
To be fair he wasn't the owner when they left their previous home and he bailed them out when they hit yet another troubling financial period. They were a basket case club long before he owned them.

I'm not saying he would be my preferred choice but he's definitely preferable to Osborne and if he could stabilise us I'd settle for that right now.
Dave

CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

The fact is the man Hector and Southampton refer to actually prevented Truro City going bust and they survive to this day, that is a lot more than Clarke Osborne ever achieved.
This guy is a football person and that is what we need right now and he would genuinely like to own this club, it was his ownership of Truro that prevented him buying the club off Thea Bristow.
From my point of view as things stand currently he is our best hope.
BTW my username in no way relates to said individual