Torquay United v Aveley F C Saturday 24 Feb KO 3pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

It's so good to wake up and actually be excited it's game day again! I personally will take whatever happens now and am convinced whatever the outcome is, long term it's better than had CO stayed.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

knightmaregull wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 09:15 It's so good to wake up and actually be excited it's game day again! I personally will take whatever happens now and am convinced whatever the outcome is, long term it's better than had CO stayed.

Totally agree. Unfortunately I can't make it due to work commitments but I bought a ticket online anyway, (the first time I've spent money at the club since Osborne took over) and have now gifted it to a friend of the family from Dartmouth who has been experiencing hard times. Hopefully the feelgood factor will prevail no matter the result.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
AdelaideGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by AdelaideGull »

OK just bought a ticket for the pop side for this afternoon’s game - As it’s 8.15pm here in Queensland Australia I have NO chance of getting to the game….. If someone PM’s me in the next hour, I’ll happily send them the email confirmation and they can enjoy the game for me. As a kid that grew up around Plainmoor in the late sixties early seventies, I have some fantastic memories of not only playing football on the “cabbage patch” at plainmoor before the pool was built. Playing behind the mini stand on the tarmac before it became the boots and laces and actually playing on the “hallowed turf” of plainmoor itself with Torre Trojans and Homelands Tech! Too many great times to recall, I just want to see TUFC get back to former glories - even it’s from the other side of the world!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Agree with the above posts, I've woken up today buzzing for this game also haven't felt like this about TUFC for a long time , my lad has brought a ticket despite having his own game so will probabaly gift that later, also I've had a few messages from friends and workmates who don't support TUFC saying they have tickets for the game.

The important thing from here is not to let todays events slip away, we have to do everything possible to keep the momentum up, anyone who follows my posts will know I've been Osbourne and Johnson out for some time, fully knew the consequences of CO cutting his losses and running. I see this weeks events as not the end, but a massive chance of a new beginning to build something much better, however it must be understood, no one is going to do this for us, it's up to us to make this happen.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Skillsy »

Taelee,

The 6,200 forecast was tongue in cheek but I do think we will get a very big crowd today. Hopefully the club will open the away end to home fans to accommodate the extras.

For the record, I was told yesterday that just before Mr Osbourne took over the club we were right on the verge of being closed down. Whatever people may think of him, he saved the club then. Of course, it’s possible that had he not stepped in we might now be watching a phoenix club.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

I do think it will be a good crowd. Tried to but a ticket for BB - no availability in Blocks D and E and only three tickets left in C.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
ja2036
New Signing
New Signing

Post by ja2036 »

Early 40’s and been following since my dad 1st took me as a 10 year old… i have woke up feeling so nervous and excited about today! Emotions high, similar to my wedding day.. . I just hope we can be saved.. COYY!!!!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Skillsy wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 10:25 Taelee,

The 6,200 forecast was tongue in cheek but I do think we will get a very big crowd today. Hopefully the club will open the away end to home fans to accommodate the extras.

For the record, I was told yesterday that just before Mr Osbourne took over the club we were right on the verge of being closed down. Whatever people may think of him, he saved the club then. Of course, it’s possible that had he not stepped in we might now be watching a phoenix club.
Not quite true. Because of Osborne's involvement another interested party walked away. The cheap season ticket deal was what nearly killed the club which enabled Osborne to waltz through the doors. Ask yourself who had the bright idea of making sure the consortium became cash strapped. Let's not start seeing Osborne as some kind of saviour, he's a ruthless businessman and we're well shot of him.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

knightmaregull wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 09:15 It's so good to wake up and actually be excited it's game day again! I personally will take whatever happens now and am convinced whatever the outcome is, long term it's better than had CO stayed.
First time in a very long time for me
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by WestLondonYellow »

:goodpost:
Southampton Gull wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 10:35 Not quite true. Because of Osborne's involvement another interested party walked away. The cheap season ticket deal was what nearly killed the club which enabled Osborne to waltz through the doors. Ask yourself who had the bright idea of making sure the consortium became cash strapped. Let's not start seeing Osborne as some kind of saviour, he's a ruthless businessman and we're well shot of him.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Supposedly less than 900 tickets left.
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Jpr »

Dave wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 10:21 Agree with the above posts, I've woken up today buzzing for this game also haven't felt like this about TUFC for a long time , my lad has brought a ticket despite having his own game so will probabaly gift that later, also I've had a few messages from friends and workmates who don't support TUFC saying they have tickets for the game.

The important thing from here is not to let todays events slip away, we have to do everything possible to keep the momentum up, anyone who follows my posts will know I've been Osbourne and Johnson out for some time, fully knew the consequences of CO cutting his losses and running. I see this weeks events as not the end, but a massive chance of a new beginning to build something much better, however it must be understood, no one is going to do this for us, it's up to us to make this happen.
:goodpost:
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Jpr »

COME ON YOU YELLOWS :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Forest gull wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 11:42 Supposedly less than 900 tickets left.
As of late last night, so I’d imagine it’s a lot less than that now!
pnutgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by pnutgull »

Just checked on the tickets site which at long last does not have a queue to get past, There are about 70 seats left in the bench, mostly in section B which was opened up later, far less in the family stand 30 ? and an unknown number of course in the popside. Come what may it looks like it will be the biggest crowd for quite a time and hopefully will have a great atmosphere.
Also a win would be nice as well with the sun staying out so everything is as positive as it can be.