#OneClub #OneProtest

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TUST_Official
Verified by Admin
Verified by Admin

#OneClub #OneProtest

Post by TUST_Official »

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH - YELLOW CARD PROTEST AT PLAINMOOR NEXT SATURDAY

Torquay United supporters have been very patient as the club plummets to its lowest league status in its history. A once proud Football League club is now plying its trade in a part-time regional league and not very successfully; today losing its 15th match.

Performances this season have been dire with even the right kind of fans losing confidence in the manager.

The time has now come for all fans to show their feelings about the way the club is being run.

To this end TUST has been joined by the TalkingTorquay podcast, TorquayTalk, the Away Travel Club and representatives of the Tom Lapslie Appreciation Society.

As a first step together we are organising a peaceful, Yellow Card Protest - ‘We Want OUR Club Back’ - on Saturday February 24th for the National League South fixture with Aveley at Plainmoor. This will be the beginning of a campaign where further protests will follow as we increase the pressure for change.

Cards will be handed out at various points outside the ground.

Will you join us?

JOIN HERE - www.tust.co.uk
Official Account of Torquay United Supporters Trust
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

For those that don’t want to pay to get in but want to take part, gather outside on the green?
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

TUST, can you please clarify what "we want our club back" means.
Does this mean ownership? I guess you have a buyer lined up. I'm not trying to be awkward, protest is easy, resolutions are not!
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Each of us that post on this forum use a name or a form of a name , some even put a photo up that can identify us , the adminstrator of the forum can trace us in a heart beat. From time to time we get mild abuse or support for our comments and that is as it should be.Then we have anonymous postings from a so called TUST official, official what, you are just a supporter like the rest of us that at this moment sits on the committee of the TUST, making you official gives the impression you speak for all, you do not,judging by membership numbers you speak for about a quarter of the standard regularly attending fan base, possibly less.Its becoming like a club spokesperson said or a trusted source has informed me as if we should give more credence or weight to these comments,it is divisive, why do you have to be anonymous, if you have something to say put your name to it.
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

Osborne will be choking on his Sunday morning croissant with glee reading this thread.

What seems an honest attempt to raise the profile of our challenge and let the ownership know we are serious and united as a fan base and it gets attacked from fellow fans.

TUST may not speak for all, but as we will never find a consensus on any issue across our disparate fanbase, it’s the best chance we have of an organised fight back.
bobbytanz1963
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by bobbytanz1963 »

Having witnessed the German version of protests over the weekend when taking in two games, whilst the yellow card idea is a sound one maybe we should look to more drastic measures ….. tennis balls 🎾 remote control cars 🚗 and chocolate coins ??

Based on the desire of CO to build a new stadium maybe Lego bricks are the answer ?

I doubt the above will be considered so perhaps a shift of fans from the Pop side and Bristows to the Family Stand converging on the directors box is the plan ….. oh silly me I doubt anyone of importance will be in there !
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Culmstockgull Don't take this the wrong way, but you are seriously overthinking this here. For a start Torquay United supporters trust is an official organisation, with an annually elected board, so I think we can take it the person posting as TUST official probably is on the TUST board therefore is a TUST official.

TUST officials post begins with an opinion, then states several supporter groups are joining together for a peaceful protest not just TUST, and ends with a question; Will you join us?

I don't see a single element where TUST official is trying to speak for 'you' 'me' or 'anyone' individually, there talking about the fanbase at large, and simply asking whether you'll join a protest.

I'm not a member of TUST, because all money I would have spent on football for games I've not attended including TUST membership fee even though it's small, I'm putting to one side for any future community share issue, I'm happy to support TUST in their efforts however, and, at last we're seeing different groups coming together and mobilising.

One thing as a general point that makes me frustrated is, it's quite obvious with the sheer numbers across the forums and social media who are clearly not happy with how our club is being run, but when anyone whether it be TUST OR West London Yellow advocate taking either direct or indirect action for change, they're accused of being trouble makers, agitators or trying to put words into others mouths.

Our fanbase need to ask themselves what is it we want ?

Because jack shit is going to change by just moaning on the internet, and boy TUFC fans are good at that, nothing is going to change if our fanbase keep turning into 'jellyfish' every time someone says, time to stop talking, time for action.

TUST official what sort of time are you people going to be at the ground, I'm happy to join in.
Formerly known as forevertufc
TUST_Official
Verified by Admin
Verified by Admin

Post by TUST_Official »

Culmstockgull - TUST Official posts are made on behalf of the TUST board and reflect TUST policy. TUST Official is not a single person. Thank you for raising this point which we are happy to clarify.

Further details of Saturday's protest and how to get involved will follow this week.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

culmstockgull wrote: 18 Feb 2024, 09:55 Each of us that post on this forum use a name or a form of a name , some even put a photo up that can identify us , the adminstrator of the forum can trace us in a heart beat. From time to time we get mild abuse or support for our comments and that is as it should be.Then we have anonymous postings from a so called TUST official, official what, you are just a supporter like the rest of us that at this moment sits on the committee of the TUST, making you official gives the impression you speak for all, you do not,judging by membership numbers you speak for about a quarter of the standard regularly attending fan base, possibly less.Its becoming like a club spokesperson said or a trusted source has informed me as if we should give more credence or weight to these comments,it is divisive, why do you have to be anonymous, if you have something to say put your name to it.
Give it a rest.
Obviously you have no idea what TUST is about and what it stands for.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Having been heavily involved in protest movements over the past few years it’s important to define the intended goal of the campaign and demands that the protest is making.

For example, a goal could be to rally 1000 fans to call for the resignation of Gary Johnson or for the current owners to agree to sell the club, using the yellow card method to raise awareness and send a powerful message
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

For those who don’t appreciate the trust, I advise them to set up their own and see how difficult it is to speak for all supporters.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Start with delivering 11 bags of manure to the training ground to let the players know what the fans think of their performance. Should cause a stink!
TUST_Official
Verified by Admin
Verified by Admin

Post by TUST_Official »

WHY PROTEST?

There need to be immediate changes in the way that the club is run.

We would ask the owner to immediately hold an open fans’ forum, as promised in December at the ‘Ask the Board’ online forum.

At this we would like to ask a series of questions about the running of the club as our concerns are for its long-term sustainability along with protecting its heritage.

In order to pressurise those running the club TUST, along with other Torquay United supporter groups, have decided to take action in the form of a campaign of protests.

In the meantime TUST continues to prepare for any future scenario while hoping for a positive outcome.

JOIN HERE - www.tust.co.uk
Chelston TUFC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Chelston TUFC »

Force CO'S hand.....no season ticket renewals and request that all sponsors end their sponsorship of TUFC for next season. CO is a money man, nothing matters unless it has a financial impact
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Peter Coffill

Post by Colorado »

Chelston TUFC wrote: 20 Feb 2024, 01:59 Force CO'S hand.....no season ticket renewals and request that all sponsors end their sponsorship of TUFC for next season. CO is a money man, nothing matters unless it has a financial impact
There is nothing inherently wrong with being a “money man”as an owner of a football team. Money men create jobs, create opportunities that allow managers to create great teams. I dare say few of us have the balls or guts to put our money where our mouth is like they do. So please let’s not villify money men.

But great owners also have thick skins and can tolerate abuse knowing that is all part and parcel of of running a football club…as Ted Lasso said, they can “ Be a Goldfish.” They truly want to bring joy to the community and bust their gut to do that. They express how much they care and the fans know it comes from the heart.

Maybe one day we will have such a leader. A money man, a gold fish, and someone who deep down wants the same thing as us.