#OneClub #OneProtest

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

Colorado wrote: 20 Feb 2024, 04:10 There is nothing inherently wrong with being a “money man”as an owner of a football team. Money men create jobs, create opportunities that allow managers to create great teams. I dare say few of us have the balls or guts to put our money where our mouth is like they do. So please let’s not villify money men.
He didn’t vilify money men, he simply stated that’s what he is and that’s how to get his attention. And he’s right on both counts.

In my view, it is a matter of time before he convinces the council to sign over Plainmoor. We need to do something before that moment, otherwise all is lost.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

There is a lack of urgency from large sections of the fanbase
Joshtufc
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Joshtufc »

Completely agree with admiral, some section of our fanbase seem to be totally blasé and have a head in the sand mentality about what is happening here. It’s admirable of the TUST to try and organise something to try to at least force the owners hand. The on the pitch product is proving a distraction of course, GJ taking the brunt of it and so he should for his complete incompetence, dinosaur football and vilifying the fans. This all happening whilst the so called money men work in the background to see the clubs demise.

I’ve seen and heard a lot of fans talk about next season we’ll have a different team, different manager etc but there is seriously a possibility where there isn’t any of that next season let alone a ground for them to play in. We have to mobilise now and get answers as this is our club not theirs.

Company accounts will be due in a couple of months and it will be interesting to see how much deeper the hole is that these crooks have put us in. -7m is my prediction.

Sorry for the preach, it’s just a little heartbreaking looking back at all the joy Torquay United has bought to many down the year including myself and how much of a state the football club finds itself in! Remember Football – Fans = Nothing. As always, COYY.!
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Peter Coffill

Post by Colorado »

gullsgullsgulls wrote: 20 Feb 2024, 07:04 He didn’t vilify money men, he simply stated that’s what he is and that’s how to get his attention. And he’s right on both counts.

In my view, it is a matter of time before he convinces the council to sign over Plainmoor. We need to do something before that moment, otherwise all is lost.
My apologies. You are correct on all counts
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Colorado »

Admiral wrote: 20 Feb 2024, 07:37 There is a lack of urgency from large sections of the fanbase
You put it so politely.
Well said

when the club folds within the next 6 months, there will be horror, outrage, and disbelief.

I for one prefer Admirals approach.Lets get to the root of the problem as soon as possible. There is no time to lose.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

I was interested to read that Rochdale are now mostly fan owned. Until recently I've always thought we were similar sized clubs and wonder what others think of this setup?

The Rochdale board now owns 43.3 percent of the club’s shares, with the Dale Supporters Trust owning 13.9 percent and the remaining 42.8 percent owned by more than 500 individual shareholding supporters.

Unfortunately Rochdale are in serious trouble and could be relegated to our level if they get a 10 point deduction.

Rochdale AFC face threat of liquidation unless £2m investment is found.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... n-football
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68362884

If they hadn’t relentlessly protested, this would have gone ahead.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Great article here which sums up exactly where TUFC are at the present time:

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/torq ... TO=newsnow
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

budegull1954 wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 08:25 Great article here which sums up exactly where TUFC are at the present time:

Spot on.
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Colorado »

budegull1954 wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 08:25 Great article here which sums up exactly where TUFC are at the present time:

[/Fair
Honest
To the point

Please read the article
Please protest at the Aveley match.

You are not being disloyal.
You are simply being honest and transparent
Do not fall for Mr Osborne’s mind games
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

National Press doing the job local press should be doing.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

torregull wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 12:28 National Press doing the job local press should be doing.
They’ve always been afraid to upset the ownership. Perhaps this is the reason so many of our supporters are still wearing their rose tinted spectacles.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Osborne gone!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Chelston TUFC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Chelston TUFC »

Maybe Saturday is a day to get behind the team and in some senses take our club back even if not in a financial sense. Aaron Downes has always fronted up and I think deserves credit for this at least. The players, well its prob an uncertain time for them but there's things which have been outside their control. Let's get behind them and whilst the future is unknown it may be a welcome one without CO and GJ. Come on you yellows
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Yep, after taking dogs abuse from the cat killer at Hereford he deserves some respect.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com