[OS] Thank You To Our Sponsors, Manor Building Company!

TUFC news in one place so you don’t miss a thing.
TorquayFans.com

[OS] Thank You To Our Sponsors, Manor Building Company!

Post by TorquayFans.com »

TUAFC would like to thank longstanding board sponsors Manor Building Company for their continued support. Manor Building Company are a well established Torbay based business that are renowned for their reputation for quality work, competitive prices and customer satisfaction. They undertake all types of building work from extensions, alterations and renovations to new build luxury homes and major construction work. As a main contractor, Manor Building can provide total project management, with all trade person services available. The company itself was established in 1970 by Peter Passmore and his late father-in-law Cecil Burras. The business is now run by Peter and his son, Mark. Over the years, the business has been nominated for a number of awards both by clients and local building control authorities, with Manor Building having won regional awards, and also represented the South West twice in the national finals. In 2006, they won the prestigious ‘Master Builder of the Year’ award, with their renovation of a wartime golf clubhouse into a luxury residential home in Kingswear coming out on top out of the 1,500 projects that had entered that year. Image Managing Director Mark Passmore visited Plainmoor recently to meet United players Dillon De Silva and Ethon Archer, and following having photographs taken by the business’ pitchside advertising board, Mark took some time to tell us about Manor Building Company, as well as how his family became longstanding sponsors of the Club. “We run a local general building company, we work mainly in the Torquay and Torbay area, and we’ve been going since 1970 – so 53/54 years now,” began Mark. “Three generations of my family have run the company; we build luxury houses, we do renovations, alterations and extensions, we have all trades available for any job, big or small.” Despite now having a season ticket at Premier League club Arsenal, Mark attends as many United games as he can, both home and away, with his link to Torquay United AFC going back through generations of his family, as he explains that his parents continue to attend every fixture at Plainmoor. “We’ve been coming to Torquay games forever really, we know a lot of Directors in the past, a lot of ex-players and my mum and dad have shared a box for around 20 years, and they come to every game. My dad was in the reserves and had a few trials back in the day, my son played in the under-18s a couple of years ago, so it’s very much a family involvement – it’s our Club,” explained Mark. Image A longstanding supporter of the Club, Mark himself has many fond memories supporting the Club over the years. Back in May 2001, Mark was amongst a number of United supporters that represented the Club...

Read more