**23rd March v Hampton & Richmond** - Big Protest Day

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

culmstockgull wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 14:31 Westlondongull I have now had the dubious pleasure of reading most of your posts since you graced this forum in 2011, what can be deduced by any one who has a modicum of common sense is you are simply an agitator of the worst kind, a destructive force, like so many paid up members of the protest about anything brigade you are very keen to light the blue touch paper and retire to the safest distance possible so you do not get burned and alow others to do the donkey work, if you are not railling against the government or all governmnets, GCHQ, NSA, 5G, the pink fairy,or other parnaoid fancies very occasionally you turn to torquay united, I am surprised, you know that GCHQ watch everything we type because they have nothing better to do and they are mad keen TUFC supporters. Obviously no demos on the former subjects to get you energised so its torquays turn for your brand of social justice. Please consider whether your form of lets bring down the world theories are not exactly what Osbornes wants, there are those on this forum that hold the honest belief that the only reason Johnson is still in a job is because its part of Osbornes master plan to waste all all his money on continuing to financially support the manager and football club when in reality he could close the club down overnight and save himself a fortune into the bargain.Do me a personal favour stick to sitting in the road with your reflective jacket stopping hard working people getting to work..
You and people like you, are the reason people like Clarke Osborne get away with doing what they want to a community’s football club. People like you are complicit in the demise of this club.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Another nonsense thread
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Seriously, what is wrong with so many Torquay fans? Wake up and smell the coffee
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

I understand the point - Uncle Clarke is a property developer. That's not a crime. For me the root cause goes back to Dave Phillips and co. When they took hold of the club the realisation dawned on them that running a football club was somewhat akin to pouring money down the drain. Success they thought was best measured by the state of our trophy cabinet, rather than the health of our balance sheet. In the modern game's survival league there has to be the trade-off between business and sporting success and I do not begrudge even a property developer for wanting/doing that.

Do I trust Uncle Clarkes intentions: NO! but the guy saved the club from oblivion (albeit for maybe the wrong reasons). The battle for FL status and constant struggle for survival - has, I believe, so far cost Osborne £7million in the past seven years and that commitment should leave us with at least a glimmer of hope. The alternative of staring down the barrel of doomed financial failure by ground sharing with Buckland in the Western League does not bear thinking about. Other options to-date have not been abundantly forthcoming.
Last edited by MellowYellow on 12 Feb 2024, 18:03, edited 1 time in total.
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by WestLondonYellow »

brucie wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 17:38 Another nonsense thread
i often pass the time usefully commenting on what i perceive to be nonsense too.

Thanks for your constructive criticism and "can do" attitude.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

Admiral wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 17:41 Seriously, what is wrong with so many Torquay fans? Wake up and smell the coffee
:goodpost:
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

What is worse, having sought a back up of a phoenix club ahead of time and not needing it, or just waiting to see what happens and ending up with no club and no ground?

Try asking the fans of any other sporting venture previously acquired by GI…
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

MellowYellow wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 18:00 I understand the point - Uncle Clarke is a property developer. That's not a crime. For me the root cause goes back to Dave Phillips and co. When they took hold of the club the realisation dawned on them that running a football club was somewhat akin to pouring money down the drain. Success they thought was best measured by the state of our trophy cabinet, rather than the health of our balance sheet. In the modern game's survival league there has to be the trade-off between business and sporting success and I do not begrudge even a property developer for wanting/doing that.

Do I trust Uncle Clarkes intentions: NO! but the guy saved the club from oblivion (albeit for maybe the wrong reasons). The battle for FL status and constant struggle for survival - has, I believe, so far cost Osborne £7million in the past seven years and that commitment should leave us with at least a glimmer of hope. The alternative of staring down the barrel of doomed financial failure by ground sharing with Buckland in the Western League does not bear thinking about. Other options to-date have not been abundantly forthcoming.
Has anyone seen the evidence of this £7million injection that's been put in, ie an official financial report with balance sheet and breakdowns. On Companies house, I've looked and I can't see the evidence, not that that means it doesn't exist, but i cannot find it. What i did find was the Osborne has his fingers in a lot of pies, and a mountain of dissolved companies in his wake.

https://find-and-update.company-informa ... pointments
TomGull1997
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by TomGull1997 »

Well done WestLondonYellow for getting this going, not only here but on our fellow Devonshire club forums. As fans we’ve got to up our efforts, and quickly, to secure the continuation of TUFC as we know it.

Whatever comes from this, it needs to be a combined effort to really make an impact, the support of all fans, fans groups (TUST, Travel Club, TalkingTorquay & TorquayTalk), sponsors, local media etc. are crucial.

I’ll support in any way that I can.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular

Post by leetufc »

WestLondonYellow wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 19:04 Has anyone seen the evidence of this £7million injection that's been put in, ie an official financial report with balance sheet and breakdowns. On Companies house, I've looked and I can't see the evidence, not that that means it doesn't exist, but i cannot find it. What i did find was the Osborne has his fingers in a lot of pies, and a mountain of dissolved companies in his wake.

https://find-and-update.company-informa ... pointments
Per the club accounts at June 2022 we owe £4.3m to Riviera Stadium Limited (formerly Gaming International), which is owned by CO. We also owe a futher £1.3m to unknown other creditors and £600k to bank debt. 18 months later no doubt this position has worsened
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

WestLondonYellow has a good point, fans and CO keep banging on about these MILLIONS he's put into the club?, really?,I think this figure isn't right, it's not on transfer fees is I?, the two FA cup tv games with gate receipts would of recouped a bit, plus previous other seasons to this one where we've done well with gates/tv games and transfer fees in general,so all this cobblers about 7million or whatever it is, I'm not buying it, it hasn't happened.
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

leetufc wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 20:47 Per the club accounts at June 2022 we owe £4.3m to Riviera Stadium Limited (formerly Gaming International), which is owned by CO. We also owe a further £1.3m to unknown other creditors and £600k to bank debt. 18 months later no doubt this position has worsened
If the club is indeed unsustainable due to debts, which is the better scenario:

1. Continue the decline and season on season relegation battles in the NLS or lower, while continuing to be under the grip of a property developer intent on convincing the council to hand over the land the stadium is on under the false promise of a crap new stadium owned by Osborne. Which will never be built anyway. A slow death for TUFC for sure.

2. Oust Osborne in whatever legal way possible, if possible. With a plan in place for the worst, bankruptcy, and readiness for a fan owned Phoneix club (already up and running and playing elsewhere) to replace TUFC. Securing the ground with the council. Being free of Osbornes debt grip and building organically whilst also open to new investors but never allowing 100% ownership for those investors.
Last edited by WestLondonYellow on 12 Feb 2024, 21:14, edited 1 time in total.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

The Great Muta! wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 21:00 WestLondonYellow has a good point, fans and CO keep banging on about these MILLIONS he's put into the club?, really?,I think this figure isn't right, it's not on transfer fees is I?, the two FA cup tv games with gate receipts would of recouped a bit, plus previous other seasons to this one where we've done well with gates/tv games and transfer fees in general,so all this cobblers about 7million or whatever it is, I'm not buying it, it hasn't happened.
About time this was brought into question.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular

Post by leetufc »

The Great Muta! wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 21:00 WestLondonYellow has a good point, fans and CO keep banging on about these MILLIONS he's put into the club?, really?,I think this figure isn't right, it's not on transfer fees is I?, the two FA cup tv games with gate receipts would of recouped a bit, plus previous other seasons to this one where we've done well with gates/tv games and transfer fees in general,so all this cobblers about 7million or whatever it is, I'm not buying it, it hasn't happened.
Is it really that unfeasible that the club has lost millions since CO ownee us?

We probably bring in approx £40k a home game in gate receipts (estimate 2k fans at £20), plus some incidental matchday income. Cant imagine our sponsorship income is that high, plus prize money depending on our successes each season.

From that we have to pay player and other staff wages, rent on plainmoor, rates, utilities (imagine these have shot up in last 2 years), maintenance, etc.

Chuck in the covid impact to the mix as well.

It all soon adds up
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

leetufc wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 21:16 Is it really that unfeasible that the club has lost millions since CO ownee us?

We probably bring in approx £40k a home game in gate receipts (estimate 2k fans at £20), plus some incidental matchday income. Cant imagine our sponsorship income is that high, plus prize money depending on our successes each season.

From that we have to pay player and other staff wages, rent on plainmoor, rates, utilities (imagine these have shot up in last 2 years), maintenance, etc.

Chuck in the covid impact to the mix as well.

It all soon adds up
Does anyone know the average weekly wage for a player in the NLS? And also, the weekly costs of Johnson and Downes.
Last edited by WestLondonYellow on 12 Feb 2024, 21:31, edited 1 time in total.