**23rd March v Hampton & Richmond** - Big Protest Day

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

**23rd March v Hampton & Richmond** - Big Protest Day

Post by WestLondonYellow »

Right, we all need to be pro-active and do something more for the cause than simply typing discontent on a forum and moaning that TUST aren't venomous enough etc.

23rd March, Osborne OUT protest day. (all those with an immediate knee jerk fearful and meek response to this is, "but without him we won't survive," that is precisely the mindset he thrives on and how he gets away with his Modus Operandi time and again. Continue being grateful and in a few years we will not have a football club or indeed a ground to play in, therefore zero chance of launching a Phoenix club to grow into the existing ground in time)

*****HE WILL NOT EVER BUILD US A NEW STADIUM*****

-Argyle and City fans are currently being contacted to come and support our cause and shine as much light as possible on Osborne. (Argyle don't currently have a game that day and City are away)
-In addition, the goal is to get reporters (Local & National) on the scene to record the event and further raise awareness.

- Solutions
- Protesting isn't enough, we need to inject rocket fuel into the future funding for whatever scenario we are left with when Osborne is gone. TUST have raised some cash and have monthly member contributions but this in it's current form will never suffice. Phoenix Club - CROWDFUNDING/Share scheme? If I/we set up a Crowdfunding or similar page, we will need a selection of dedicated supporters to be involved in the process in order to ensure no one person has control of this. The best way to launch this would be through TUST
(please if your only reaction to this is to be negative and pour cold water on it, keep it to yourself, be patient and look forward to saying "i told you so")
The fundraising appeal needs to go out across the football landscape nationally and perhaps internationally as well. This will need to be a combined effort in raising that awareness for all who want to get involved. Local business that benefit from away supporters visiting may also want to be involved.

- Funding raised - I suggest that once the ball is rolling, close liaison with TUST is required in order to add balance and experienced heads, and direction to their existing cause. The goal is to add some £ backing to enable a much more solid footing in our battle with Osborne. If funds are raised and TUST are still reluctant to move openly against the current owner then we would need to re-evaluate the next steps and go from there.

- Phoenix club? with additional funding in place, is the best scenario to set up a Phoenix club now in readiness for the inevitable and try to arrange a groundshare with Buckland? (We want Osborne out, if he stays or goes, eventually the club in it's current form dies)
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

I'm glad someone is cutting through all the phony nonsense about CO being our white knight, he isn't, he's on a parr with Chris Roberts, if not worse, the stadium plans are a joke, we would have a club without him, everything around us at the moment lies at his feet, all the hangers on in the background need to go, GJ outstaying his welcome by about 18months, all in all it's a shambles, the team flatters to deceive and is short on any real quality, I thought last season was bad and we needed a fresh slate, the mindset at the club needs to change, a losing mentality is evident , but this is about the bigger picture and CO/Gaming international, and the sheer brass neck/brazen way in which they are conning Gulls fans with empty promises, Why would CO who has ZERO link to Gulls, isn't a fan nor local suddenly want to invest all this money into us?, what's his end game?, his track record is iffy at best, I want him and co OUT ASAP NOW.
TheYellowFromExeter
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Pop side

Post by TheYellowFromExeter »

Exeter City Supporters Trust have a board meeting tonight, is there any chance we can see if they can discuss our situation and the 23rd of March or do you think it would be too late?
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

TheYellowFromExeter wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 11:55 Exeter City Supporters Trust have a board meeting tonight, is there any chance we can see if they can discuss our situation and the 23rd of March or do you think it would be too late?
Certainly worth attempting for addition to AOB
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

The Spires school is always visible on the highlights, could we perhaps arrange for a very large "Osborne Out banner" to be draped either from the school or from a scissor lift so that it is visible on all footage of the game(s) on all highlight reels. Do we have anyone on here with access to a scissor lift?
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Westlondongull I have now had the dubious pleasure of reading most of your posts since you graced this forum in 2011, what can be deduced by any one who has a modicum of common sense is you are simply an agitator of the worst kind, a destructive force, like so many paid up members of the protest about anything brigade you are very keen to light the blue touch paper and retire to the safest distance possible so you do not get burned and alow others to do the donkey work, if you are not railling against the government or all governmnets, GCHQ, NSA, 5G, the pink fairy,or other parnaoid fancies very occasionally you turn to torquay united, I am surprised, you know that GCHQ watch everything we type because they have nothing better to do and they are mad keen TUFC supporters. Obviously no demos on the former subjects to get you energised so its torquays turn for your brand of social justice. Please consider whether your form of lets bring down the world theories are not exactly what Osbornes wants, there are those on this forum that hold the honest belief that the only reason Johnson is still in a job is because its part of Osbornes master plan to waste all all his money on continuing to financially support the manager and football club when in reality he could close the club down overnight and save himself a fortune into the bargain.Do me a personal favour stick to sitting in the road with your reflective jacket stopping hard working people getting to work..
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

culmstockgull wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 14:31 Westlondongull I have now had the dubious pleasure of reading most of your posts since you graced this forum in 2011, what can be deduced by any one who has a modicum of common sense is you are simply an agitator of the worst kind, a destructive force, like so many paid up members of the protest about anything brigade you are very keen to light the blue touch paper and retire to the safest distance possible so you do not get burned and alow others to do the donkey work, if you are not railling against the government or all governmnets, GCHQ, NSA, 5G, the pink fairy,or other parnaoid fancies very occasionally you turn to torquay united, I am surprised, you know that GCHQ watch everything we type because they have nothing better to do and they are mad keen TUFC supporters. Obviously no demos on the former subjects to get you energised so its torquays turn for your brand of social justice. Please consider whether your form of lets bring down the world theories are not exactly what Osbornes wants, there are those on this forum that hold the honest belief that the only reason Johnson is still in a job is because its part of Osbornes master plan to waste all all his money on continuing to financially support the manager and football club when in reality he could close the club down overnight and save himself a fortune into the bargain.Do me a personal favour stick to sitting in the road with your reflective jacket stopping hard working people getting to work..
You seem angered. try counting to 10 and have a cup of tea. You are quite wrong in your assertions about me but i have no interest in convincing you otherwise. I also have no interest in doing you any personal favours.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Can the admin (moderators) delete these lunitics that are only inticing decent fans to cause trouble.

Everyone has a voice but a few are not content on mouthing off, which I (and the
Club ignore).....they want to influence others, which is out of order.

COYY.
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

North Curry House wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 15:20 Can the admin (moderators) delete these lunitics that are only inticing decent fans to cause trouble.

Everyone has a voice but a few are not content on mouthing off, which I (and the
Club ignore).....they want to influence others, which is out of order.

COYY.
please highlight for all to clearly see where anything illegal has been encouraged.

Your request to delete and silence dissent is very aligned with the clubs ambitions to act like North Korea, do you work for the regime?
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

I do not think I was directing my comments to you....they were meant for the lunatics provoking decent fans..........Or are you saying that describes your intentions?
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

North Curry House wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 15:35 I do not think I was directing my comments to you....they were meant for the lunatics provoking decent fans..........Or are you saying that describes your intentions?
No, apologies, i thought it was directed at the original post (which was written by me), although, i stand by the analogy to dictatorships and censorship requested. everyone should be free to comment and still i don't see any incitement by lunatics on this thread.

I wanted to try to avoid this topic descending into back and forth pettiness, in order to try to focus and leave room without distraction for positive discussion, ideas and suggestions, even if that amounts to constructive criticism, such as, is it a good idea to attempt to bring Argyle and City fans together on the same day for our cause, might it backfire, yes I have considered this and it is a concern.
WainwrightGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by WainwrightGull »

WestLondonYellow wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 15:26 please highlight for all to clearly see where anything illegal has been encouraged.

Your request to delete and silence dissent is very aligned with the clubs ambitions to act like North Korea, do you work for the regime?
Might be working for Edwards and the club WestLondonYellow we have to all be careful after all it’s 2024 .
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Advice from ExeWeb member;

"Your Trust needs to open dialogue with the Council pronto. You need to establish the remaining lease that the Club has on the ground, and make sure that it is not renewed. It is one of Osborne's remaining bargaining chips, and could impede progress in TUST/phoenix club taking over the Plainmoor lease."
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

If the only solution to all of this "is for a Phoenix club now ... and try to arrange a groundshare with Buckland?" then count me out. If everyone is up in arms for having a bad season in NLS then what hope is there to maintain passion in the Bay for Western League Division football.
Last edited by MellowYellow on 12 Feb 2024, 17:12, edited 1 time in total.
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

MellowYellow wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 16:56 If the only solution to all of this "is for a Phoenix club now ... and try to arrange a groundshare with Buckland?" then count me out. If everyone is up in arms for having a bad season is NLS then what hope is there to maintain passion in the Bay for Western League Division football.
There may be other options to save the club and get rid of the property developer.

However, if it comes to it, a Phoenix club in the Western league is a fresh new starting point, the ambition would be to gain promotion and achieve as much as possible. Surely that scenario is better than continued decline from where we are now, down into non existence and houses and flats on Plainmoor. (Yes there's a covenant but I believe people like Osborne always find a way)

I'm not sure how clear and often the message needs to be hammered home, this is much more than just about the current level of performance on the pitch and the league position. Those issues are a symptom of the root cause, Osborne and his true intentions are the route cause. Your input above is completely missing the point.