TUST - Show Venom and a backbone

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by WestLondonYellow »

bobbytanz1963 wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 19:14 I suggest you speak to the TUST to establish what they are doing and it’s NOT rolling over as you suggest

What have they come out and said that really means anything lately other than report on the set up of the Steering Group? I want the TUST to succeed and be the centre of saving the club, but are we seeing any of the right kind of energy, sentiment, drive and determination required to free the club from Osborne's grip and find a way forward?

I presume you looking to be sooooo proactive will be looking to join the Steering group ?

You coudn't just write "so" could you, thus attempting to imply something the opposite of being pro active. What makes you think a Steering Group will make a blind bit of difference and isn't just a symbolic breadcrumb to appease and pacify the easily pacified back into a docile state, believing they've made a difference.

To answer, no i haven't attempted to join the Steering group, i believe it to be a waste of time.
Last edited by WestLondonYellow on 12 Feb 2024, 20:23, edited 1 time in total.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

In my opinion, as a TUST member, they are being a little too cautious. What the supporters need is leadership! I’m not slagging the TUST off, they are very passionate individuals, but they could go a lot further in shining light on Osborne’s real intentions.
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Admiral wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 20:21 In my opinion, as a TUST member, they are being a little too cautious. What the supporters need is leadership! I’m not slagging the TUST off, they are very passionate individuals, but they could go a lot further in shining light on Osborne’s real intentions.
https://www.exeweb.com/forums/threads/2 ... 917/page-4

"To be fair, TUST have got a Phoenix Club contingency plan in place and I believe they have met and received advise from the ECFC Trust. The issue as I and many other see it is, whilst they have done this, they are now sitting waiting for something to happen, and the demise is so slow and cleverly managed that when the end comes non of the contingency plans will make a difference, Osborne will have all angles covered and part of his plan has to be the demise of the current stadium.

We have enough motivation I believe, they just need to be rallied, There will always be those who object, we just need enough, and on a forum that can create a false impression of % for and against. In addition there will be many, who when they see some momentum and something happening, will jump on board.

Yes it's a tough ask to make it all happen but better to try than not at all."

-----------------------------

"Waiting for something to happen" You're over £4m in debt, In your lowest ever league position with only an outside chance of getting promoted, Dwindling crowds and no matter what Osborne says, Trying to keep TUFC full time in the NLS for another season is going to be difficult and rack up even more debt. I think you should say to the TUST "Something has happened" and if they dont get their collective arses in gear it will be too late, I'm forever grateful in 2003 we didn't end up as an "AFC Exeter" we stayed as Exeter City and not a phoenix club somewhere in the Western League."
TUST_Official
Verified by Admin
Verified by Admin

Post by TUST_Official »

WestLondonYellow wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 18:39 Advice from ExeWeb member;

"Your Trust needs to open dialogue with the Council pronto. You need to establish the remaining lease that the Club has on the ground, and make sure that it is not renewed. It is one of Osborne's remaining bargaining chips, and could impede progress in TUST/phoenix club taking over the Plainmoor lease."

This would be an example of a bit of Venom and fight, but TUST would rather roll over and let Edwards tickle it's belly in the form of an online fans forum and a pathetic Steering Group.
Good idea - so good that we have been regularly talking to all sides of the council about this for years. Pretty sure we organised an in person fans forum and protest last year.
Official Account of Torquay United Supporters Trust
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

TUST_Official wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 21:03 Good idea - so good that we have been regularly talking to all sides of the council about this for years. Pretty sure we organised an in person fans forum and protest last year.

ok, so when is the lease up? have we agreed with the council that they won't renew with Osborne? What is the councils stance on this?

What good do you think will come from the fans forum? do you mean the online one where the four of them sat on the sofa, 3 nodding along while Osborne lied through his teeth and gave his modus operandi away without realising it? are you referring to that forum and the good work TUST did to make that happen. Well it certainly did the trick didn't it, things have massively improved since then.

Please drop the ego and listen to us.
TUST_Official
Verified by Admin
Verified by Admin

Post by TUST_Official »

WestLondonYellow

We have sent you a PM but if you have not received it could you let us know by mailing [email protected]

Thanks
TUST_Official
Verified by Admin
Verified by Admin

Post by TUST_Official »

Are YOU happy with the way YOUR football club is being run?

So many aspects of the running of our wonderful football club are causing concern among the fan base. It is worrying to hear of so many long-standing supporters staying away from games because they are so disillusioned and others threatening not to buy a season ticket next year unless things improve.

Rising levels of dissatisfaction are evident from declining attendances, recent matchday protests and the number of critical views posted across social media. Yet those in charge of the club from owner to CEO to manager give the impression that everything is fine and we should all be positive or not express our views.

Well things are not ‘fine’ and now is the time for concerned supporters who have the future of the club at heart to unite and make our voices heard.

TUST is working with other interested groups to bring supporters together to press for change. Further details will be released very soon.

JOIN HERE - www.tust.co.uk
TUST_Official
Verified by Admin
Verified by Admin

Post by TUST_Official »

WestLondonYellow wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 21:12 ok, so when is the lease up? have we agreed with the council that they won't renew with Osborne? What is the councils stance on this?

What good do you think will come from the fans forum? do you mean the online one where the four of them sat on the sofa, 3 nodding along while Osborne lied through his teeth and gave his modus operandi away without realising it? are you referring to that forum and the good work TUST did to make that happen. Well it certainly did the trick didn't it, things have massively improved since then.

Please drop the ego and listen to us.
Long lease, decades left, he won't be around.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

TUST_Official wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 22:01 Long lease, decades left, he won't be around.
Any idea if a lease to Torquay United could be transferred to any potential phoenix club? I’m not sure if Osborne’s intentions are to bury the club, thus making the lease inactive and non recoverable…
TUST_Official
Verified by Admin
Verified by Admin

Post by TUST_Official »

You would think if that ever came to pass, a phoenix club would make an ideal new tenant.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

When Nicholson was in charge and we had the very bare bones of paid staff, with Nicho doing a lot of the extra work, the club needed 1800 fans to break even. It's blatantly obvious we are losing big money with all the staff and overheads we have now.

We have had no cup runs or sold players on for decent money or add ons this season. Last year we had the Derby FA cup matches, but that money would have still been limited, although welcome. Maidstone beat us, got Ipswich and will be making decent money.

A phoenix club playing at Plainmoor? well the manager would need paying. Guess ground staff, maintenance staff, office staff, match day staff could all be voluntary.

The council aren't going to be helping out with finance, when they don't have any money themselves.

The running costs of the ground? Even if two stands were closed down, you'd still have electricity bills (floodlights as well), water bills (watering the pitch as well) stadium maintenance, grounds machine purchasing, running and maintenance.

The pitch would need a minimum of over seeding once a year.

I assume licences and insurance would be needed for people to play and come watch

The rent to the council.

Can't imagine a phoenix club getting far unless we have between 1000-2000 every game and the good will of a lot of people and companies.

It can be done, but we'd need quick success to move up the divisions and entice fans to regularly watch.

What we really need is a successful youth team, one where they will progress to first team players and/or make us decent money in sales

The players that have moved on to have decent L1/L2 careers since leaving at the end of their contracts the last few years, is terrible.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

Chelmsford and Slough manage in this league on crowds of around 800. I really don't see a problem in us getting 800 even if we were in a leagues below this level.

I would be more inclined to get to plainmoor if the club really needed my support to climb back up through the leagues.

I'd also be willing to put some of my own cash into the club to help out if the fans ran the club.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/nati ... ttendances
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

I’m sure more would be willing to volunteer for a fan-run club. The same goes for sponsors, and obviously the overheads in a lower league would be far less. It would be very difficult to self-fund the club at NL level, Chester had a few issues when they were up so NLS would probably be the ceiling without significant outside investment.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Admiral wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 20:21 In my opinion, as a TUST member, they are being a little too cautious. What the supporters need is leadership! I’m not slagging the TUST off, they are very passionate individuals, but they could go a lot further in shining light on Osborne’s real intentions.
My suspicion is that first, thr Trust needs to have more members. Last time I saw a count they were at about 350, maybe? That's nowhere near enough. Until the membership approaches, let's say 1,500, they can't claim to speak for a significant proportion of the fans.

With that number will also come more money. I don't know off-hand how much Exeter fans pay per month/year to be involved, but they have over 4,000 members. Even if it costs £25 a year, that's over a hundred grand a year.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

TUST now has 500 members-an increase of around 150 in recent months-very much on a upwards trajectory for obvious reasons.
Exeter Trust membership costs £24-00 pa,though many donate more which they are encouraged to do when they join.