TUST - Show Venom and a backbone

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

TUST - Show Venom and a backbone

Post by WestLondonYellow »

Make a statement of intent and come out fighting against the ownership, call for a united front and galvanise the fanbase, the community and the media against Osborne.
TorquayUntied
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by TorquayUntied »

WestLondonYellow wrote: 10 Feb 2024, 20:56 Make a statement of intent and come out fighting against the ownership, call for a united front and galvanise the fanbase, the community and the media against Osborne.
Please no. Not this nonsense again.

TUST couldn't even afford to pay the groundsman a week's money last time they tried something.

Went back into their hole thankfully. After 30 seconds with Osbourne 4 years ago.
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

TorquayUnited wrote: 10 Feb 2024, 21:20 Please no. Not this nonsense again.

TUST couldn't even afford to pay the groundsman a week's money last time they tried something.

Went back into their hole thankfully. After 30 seconds with Osbourne 4 years ago.
wow, yes you're so right, i guess this country was built on attitudes like yours, the industrial revolution, the railways, the bridges, they all had the exact same, "can't be done" attitude as you.
bobbytanz1963
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by bobbytanz1963 »

Why slag off the TUST when they are the only way for the club or the phoenix club to survive.
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

Agreed. Ridiculous to suggest TUST are at any fault. They are very clear they cannot take over the running of the club. Osborne won't engage with them so what actually do you want them to do? They are there to hopefully help ensure the best possible Plan B outcome whoenever this house of cards eventually folds in over the coming months / years and I fail to see why any fan would not be glad of a organised body in position to do that.
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

bobbytanz1963 wrote: 10 Feb 2024, 23:24 Why slag off the TUST when they are the only way for the club or the phoenix club to survive.
Calling for more solid stance equals slagging them off?
Surely I’m showing faith in TUST potential?

Your responses are the reason why we will have no club to support in the next few years, all so weak.
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

WestLondonYellow wrote: 10 Feb 2024, 23:47 Calling for more solid stance equals slagging them off?
Surely I’m showing faith in TUST potential?

Your responses are typical and part of reason why we will have no club to support in the next few years, all so weak. Osborne knows this.
bobbytanz1963
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by bobbytanz1963 »

So do you have any suggestions to put forward in that case ??

I’m sure the TUST would welcome your input and involvement. I presume you are a member of the TUST ?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I get WestLondons sentiment here, however think we have understand that's not a position that the supporters Trust as an organisation could take.

That's down to us fans to unite and decide what form lawful protest that we could all get behind as one, the ownership want us divided, and whilst GJ is NOT the whole problem, GJ is big part of the problem, even the most adamant GJ in supporter must be able to see that now.
Formerly known as forevertufc
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

My Boy and me have attended all the home game and some away. Yesterday at around midday and thinking about the Slough result, I decided I would not be going. My boy pleaded with me to change my mind but when I stated no he decided to catch the bus on his own. I sat at home watching the score and secretly a bit of glee seeped in as I was proved right. When the lad arrived home I berated him with what a waste of a day and how they would probably be relegated. He looked so sad that I started to reflect. My Dad first took me to Plainmoor when I was 3. My earliest memory of the game is Mike Mahoney tipping a shot over the bar. We went to places like Rochdale and bigger stadium like Spurs, Man City and Sheff Wed to name a few. We started taking my boy along at 3 and he was mascot once.
I think the atmosphere is so toxic at the moment that it is twisting how I really feel. I asked my lad if the players came over after the game and he said most screamed at them where to go. I thought I probably would have done the same. On reflection I now feel ashamed that although they may not be the best, they are wearing the kit of a club that has meant so much in my life. The look on some of the players faces before, during and after each game is fear.
Maybe I am gullible but I will be travelling to Taunton on Tuesday. I'll remember what that Gold and Blue has, and always will mean to me and cheer the Gulls on. They look like rabbits caught in the headlights at the moment. Maybe if we could show a bit of positivity it will rub off on the team. Sad when even Halsted, who was brilliant at the start of the season, now looks like he wants to be anywhere but out there.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Taelee73 »

Would never wish Torquay to lose a match ever. My dad hates football, so I didn't go to Plainmoor until I was 16 with a mate, 35 years later, I've taken my son twice and he's been bored stiff. I'll try again sometime, and hopefully he'll get it, once it gets in your blood it stays.

People wanting Torquay to lose (to prove a point or to get the manager the sack) I really don't get that
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I didn’t read the OP as slagging off TUST, nor suggesting that they mount a bid to buy the club.

I interpreted it as nothing more than an urging for TUST to condemn the current regime and coordinating a response. Good on the kids who are protesting but I think it’s time for TUST to hold a further meeting and establish a way forward from there as they are best placed to gather fans and establish a route forward. At the moment, there is a lot of anger, ad hoc movements organised by the youngest supporters but the fanbase is fractured, unsure what to do.

The youngsters can at least look back and think at least they did something even if some mock their age and numbers. I’d prefer them to focus more on the ownership than Gary Johnson but at least they are doing something and TUST need to act too.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

hector wrote: 11 Feb 2024, 13:38 I didn’t read the OP as slagging off TUST, nor suggesting that they mount a bid to buy the club.

I interpreted it as nothing more than an urging for TUST to condemn the current regime and coordinating a response. Good on the kids who are protesting but I think it’s time for TUST to hold a further meeting and establish a way forward from there as they are best placed to gather fans and establish a route forward. At the moment, there is a lot of anger, ad hoc movements organised by the youngest supporters but the fanbase is fractured, unsure what to do.

The youngsters can at least look back and think at least they did something even if some mock their age and numbers. I’d prefer them to focus more on the ownership than Gary Johnson but at least they are doing something and TUST need to act too.

Nailed it 👌
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Taelee73 wrote: 11 Feb 2024, 12:56 Would never wish Torquay to lose a match ever.
People wanting Torquay to lose (to prove a point or to get the manager the sack) I really don't get that
Don't think anyone wishes TUFC to lose a match. Out of interest where have you seen posted on here where anyone hopes to see TUFC lose, I must have missed that as I can't recall ever seeing it.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

hector wrote: 11 Feb 2024, 13:38 I didn’t read the OP as slagging off TUST, nor suggesting that they mount a bid to buy the club.

:goodpost: I largely agree, although I will not back down from believing GJ has been a large part of the problem.