Ronny Nelson Joins Gulls On Loan

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Ronny Nelson Joins Gulls On Loan

Post by UnitedinDevon »

He’s 6’4” so certainly a presence!

WainwrightGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by WainwrightGull »

3x defenders in over the last few games. It has taken until February to work this out ? Glaringly obvious for all to see where we needed to strengthen.
Pleased we have strengthened but now probably far too late as we play catch up.🙄
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

Yes, this has also been my main criticism of Gary Johnson. It has been bleedin obvious right from the start of the season where the problem was. 50 goals now conceded in 30 games. Very very frustrating but better late than never I suppose.
Still feel that we should make the playoffs.
Welcome Ronny
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Come on, let's put 2 and 2 together. There's been no money to get these type of players in. Obviously the chat this week has included Osborne, who is now allowing some cash to be spent.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

Is it GJ realising the defence needs stengthening, or just reacting to Moxey, Marshall and Tomlinson possibly being injured?

Either way, welcome to the club and good luck tomorrow!
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

Doubt he'll go straight into starting XI??, He probably hasn't even had a training session with his team mates, you can't just throw a defense together with 3 new defenders an expect "take off" , this season is so reminiscent of last season, SO many players coming and going, new faces in/out, it takes training, drills, understanding and HOURS on the training pitch working as a unit, NOT throwing in players any old how and expecting instant results, the more I think about tomorrow, I've said 2-2 but I can see us getting beat, it wouldn't surprise me.
TheYellowFromExeter
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by TheYellowFromExeter »

The Great Muta! wrote: 09 Feb 2024, 21:25 Doubt he'll go straight into starting XI??, He probably hasn't even had a training session with his team mates, you can't just throw a defense together with 3 new defenders an expect "take off" , this season is so reminiscent of last season, SO many players coming and going, new faces in/out, it takes training, drills, understanding and HOURS on the training pitch working as a unit, NOT throwing in players any old how and expecting instant results, the more I think about tomorrow, I've said 2-2 but I can see us getting beat, it wouldn't surprise me.
He chucked Jude-Boyd into the starting 11 after meeting him for the first time at Reading services on their way up to Maidstone, so knowing him Nelson probably will be playing tomorrow.
WainwrightGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by WainwrightGull »

Taelee73 wrote: 09 Feb 2024, 19:06 Come on, let's put 2 and 2 together. There's been no money to get these type of players in. Obviously the chat this week has included Osborne, who is now allowing some cash to be spent.
Face the facts Johnson has blown the budget on his old favourite crocks. The Dads Army mob. Now he is trying to save this embarrassing season. Just like last season it’s probably to late to rescue a season in Feb.
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Skillsy »

I know nothing about Ronny Nelson but if he is playing for our club he is very welcome, and I hope his stay is fruitful.

Good luck, Ronny.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Hope he does well and is another Nico Lawrence but a series of young loanees from under 21 teams learning the game is not the answer. Is it any wonder we are where we are ?