Torquay United v Slough Town sat 10th

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

The season has gone. The club now is beyond toxic. There was no reaction from the board last week, why will this week be any different? Teflon Gary stays on and leads us into the sunlit uplands of lower mid-table. Glorious days.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

I’m shocked 1700 home fans turned up! Marshall offering an supporter out after the game, what a mess
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

Got to be looking behind us now!! Lose to Taunton who are a mess and we are going down
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Seven months too late I finally thought we had the makings of a half decent defence by this leagues standards,how wrong can I be, they could not clear their lines all afternoon, no one was looking for the ball spending more time hiding than looking for space, at 2-2 I was desperate for the rain to keep coming down in big lumps so that the game could be abandoned and save us for what was to come. Halstead didnt have a good game but with that defence in front of me I would be nervous and he is still in credit for me. Mcgavin I love and hate him in equal measure, but playing him in front of the back four does not work,he cannot tackle and the word is finally out in our league that if you stay close to him and give him no room you nullify any threat he may have. Totally disagree with playing one up front especially at home,especially as Ash was obviously fit enough.
According to a certain manager who supposedly looks after us, February is a big month for our ambitions, the first three games of the eight we have no points and now conceded more goals than any team other than the bottom four, what next, march is a big month , we need a few wins to keep us out of the relegation zone.
WainwrightGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by WainwrightGull »

We have to face the facts they are there for all to see.
We all have opinions and most agree the season has been a massive disappointment in this joke of a league.
Another 3 points gone and the Mighty Taunton away on Tuesday if on. Time for a rain dance yellow army
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

To many changes all the bloody time, chopping and changing, Moxey a decent pro but maybe a season to far, Marshall's a liability, new signings Jude Boyd and Booth have been thrown in, no time to gell or work on anything, a complete "make it up as we go along" scenario, shambolic...
Caroline648
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Kenny Allen

Post by Caroline648 »

I've just finished the washing, cleaning, ironing, cooking and washing up...... so how is it going in this joke league / pub league.
Surely you must have beaten Sluff Town today....... oh let me see.....no.
Oh dear. Promotion is looking a tad tricky now.
Best concentrate on avoiding relegation, however, it would mean some nice local matches if you did go down.
Niightv night.
bobbytanz1963
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by bobbytanz1963 »

Admiral wrote: 10 Feb 2024, 19:14 I’m shocked 1700 home fans turned up! Marshall offering an supporter out after the game, what a mess
Marshall considers himself a hard man ! More like a deluded fool !!! Well cmon Ross let’s see you actually do something to prove that rather than threaten !!! I wish he would strike out and then we can see the back of the idiot

But he didn’t get booked today so small mercy there !
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

Caroline648 wrote: 10 Feb 2024, 23:07 I've just finished the washing, cleaning, ironing, cooking and washing up...... so how is it going in this joke league / pub league.

Niightv night.
Don't forget to put the bins out luv. :nod:
Vick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Vick »

Caroline648 wrote: 10 Feb 2024, 23:07 I've just finished the washing, cleaning, ironing, cooking and washing up...... so how is it going in this joke league / pub league.
Surely you must have beaten Sluff Town today....... oh let me see.....no.
Oh dear.
Your team, Bath City, couldn't beat Slough at home either, Caroline. Had you forgotten that?
Bath City 1 - 2 Slough Town.

:-P
Green Rory
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Green Rory »

Well, four of us from Plymouth will be at Plainmoor on 24th Feb for the match against Aveley. We aren't plastics and our roots are not all from Plymouth (me - I can't get a ticket at Home Park), Torquay, Liverpool and Norwich. We came to the Tonbridge game in early December, really enjoyed the atmosphere, hospitality and Torquay won; so hopefully we will bring some good luck! No way should this club be out of the Football League.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Louis »

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Unfortunately on those highlights our new signing Booth looks a complete liability.

Error strewn, out of position and also managed to miss an open goal in the process - looked completely lost and needs to be removed from the firing line asap.
Steve_TUFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Steve_TUFC »

It’s clearly a pie in the sky statement from CO and GE that league football is still the aim.

No detail, no target date and no plan just the embarrassing throwaway One Club response from the smirking Edwards. Let me answer that one Clark, wait a minute something inspirational and meaningful is about to be said, “One Club” from the smirking buffoon who’s pretending to be a football club CEO. A leader that needs Osbourne to attend a non confrontational one way fans forum. Even Hayman has joined in with the smirking and fan belittling stance. Just awful but who’s going to buy them out? Employees need to be looking elsewhere if this is the way their bosses are running the show.

The last 24 months have changed my view on Johnson. He’s shown he’s true colours as a horrible and arrogant man. A man who like Edwards believe that paying little fans are just irritants and should put up and shut up. Even if we were in the playoffs for the NL then my feelings on Johnson would not change.

Budget must be an issue but not to the level that we are currently performing to. If we were really looking for promotion we would be building a top half National League team. A team to build on with four or five L2 quality additions when promoted to NL to continue the promotion challenge into L2. Reality is that either Johnson has been given a budget for NLS and has messed it up or even worse a NL budget and made an even worse mess. Either way Johnson is to blame for the footballing side unless someone tells me that he’s not even been given a budget for the NLS to compete against part timers. If so why wouldn’t he come out and say so, not he’s style, it’s well past keeping quite and taking one for Osbourne and Edwards.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Taelee73 »

Of course Johnson's arrogant, he's an old school manager.

When things are going well, he loves the plaudits and comes across as amicable and welcoming.
When it goes wrong, he closes ranks and develops a siege mentality. If your not a friend, then your an enemy

He has his set way of doing things, no news on injuries (incase the opposition find out, they really don't care mate) No negative questioning, If you don't fit the Torquay mold of running and tackling for 90 minutes, your out.
If you show him dissent, you're out.
We keep going for more and more goals, this is what cost us yesterday, we had no intention of trying to shut up shop after each lead we gained.

Johnson was obviously told to open up a little on the injury news, but it's been too little too late
He isn't changing, I assume he wants promotion so he can walk away saying we're in a higher division than when he first started and will consider his time here a success