New Blue Card

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

New Blue Card

Post by portugull »

Tomorrow we will learn the full story but it means a 10 minute sin bin for a cynical foul or dissent.
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

It'll just mean more injuries. Coming off all muscles warmed up, sat on bench then coming back on. Surefire way for muscle strains and pulls. Stupid idea. They're bloody ruining our game
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

To be fair this is not a stupid idea at all, sin bins have been in operation at grassroots level for while, I've seen in action and it works very well, most players who've been sin binned do a short warm up 5 minutes into the period and all the games where I've seen a player sin binned not seen an injury occur yet.

How many times not just in post TUFC games but in other football has the talk been centred around a player being sent off ruining the game as a contest or spectacle, how many times have we talked or heard talk of a player being unlucky to be sent off as one of the two yellow cards wasn't warranted, having the option to use the sin bin will cut down on the number of red cards, and will enhance football.

As it will cut out cynical fouls and will improve player behaviour, as no manager will want players sat on the side-lines for 10 minutes, long overdue.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid

Post by Brewers boy »

Seems to work ok in rugby.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

Dave wrote: 08 Feb 2024, 19:00
How many times not just in post TUFC games but in other football has the talk been centred around a player being sent off ruining the game as a contest or spectacle, how many times have we talked or heard talk of a player being unlucky to be sent off as one of the two yellow cards wasn't warranted, having the option to use the sin bin will cut down on the number of red cards, and will enhance football.
Two blues or a blue and a yellow would mean a red and a sending off.
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

Great idea. Kids learn nothing from it being used at grass roots, it needs to come into the professional game where people can see it in effect and the impact of it. As a ref, I have used it and it is effective.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Just me not liking it then...
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

And me mate. Just another gimmick for the armchair fans. This simple game has enthralled millions for a century. Now they have to find 'entertainment' to keep the numbers subscribing. I propose that for the first 15 minutes defenders have to have their legs tied together, should she more goals. For the last 5 minutes the striker must wear a hood on his head and every other week one team will wear a large red nose and the opposition will wear large shoes instead of boots. The TV audience will increase as Man u struggle with controlling the ball and Liverpool attemp to overcome breathing difficulties caused by the large red nose. Eventually obstacles could be added to the playing area. Starting with hurdles on each goal area it could then progress to crocodiles and tigers patrolling the midfield. Millions will tune in to see if a big star gets his leg bitten of. We'll ger to see it 20000 times on VAR. As a great football manager once said, after a 1-nil scrappy win on a wet winter afternoon, if you wat to see entertainment go and watch clowns.
zebgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by zebgull »

Surely a yellow then a blue card would mean a green not a red?
🤔
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Taelee73 »

Wouldn't have thought 10 minutes in the sin bin will lead to injuries, after all they all have 15 minutes at half time!

I don't really like even more changes, but hopefully this'll cut down on the back chat, the trying to get players sent off etc.
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

How about introducing a mystery crate at the side of the pitch. On 40 minutes a player in neutral kit enters the field of play. Nobody knows which team he is going to play for. Oh the excitement as he suddenly charges at the opposition goal or exasperation as he scores for them. As the entertainment value then subsides a crocodile replaces the mystery player (Lion for international games). What a spectacle to see Marshall wrestling with the large crocodile as Lapslie attempts to break it's legs. The score at games will soon be forgotten as a new audience of not so football oriented pack grounds and TV subscriptions. International owners and Uncle Clark happy. Who knows he may start attending.
zebgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by zebgull »

:goodpost:
GULL 67 wrote: 09 Feb 2024, 19:30 How about introducing a mystery crate at the side of the pitch. On 40 minutes a player in neutral kit enters the field of play. Nobody knows which team he is going to play for. Oh the excitement as he suddenly charges at the opposition goal or exasperation as he scores for them. As the entertainment value then subsides a crocodile replaces the mystery player (Lion for international games). What a spectacle to see Marshall wrestling with the large crocodile as Lapslie attempts to break it's legs. The score at games will soon be forgotten as a new audience of not so football oriented pack grounds and TV subscriptions. International owners and Uncle Clark happy. Who knows he may start attending.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

Football rules (and other sports) evolve over time as things change. There was a time before yellow and red cards, before panelty shootouts, before backpasses, before being able to take a kick off with one player.

If this can help to erradicate dissent and bring in a middle card for fouls which are more than a yellow but a red is too harsh, then all for it.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

leetufc wrote: 09 Feb 2024, 20:23 Football rules (and other sports) evolve over time as things change. There was a time before yellow and red cards...
Indeed, I reminisce back to 1967 before the red card when Bristol City played Tottenham in the FA Cup and Spurs captain Dave Mackay refused to walk when the ref sent him off, After the match he said "I did not feel I deserved to go". The ref was left with no option but to just put Mackay's name in his book (like a yellow card booking) and let him play on. What a legend!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

This is absolute horseshit