[OS] TUWFC Opt For Cross & Ellis

TUFC news in one place so you don’t miss a thing.
TorquayFans.com

[OS] TUWFC Opt For Cross & Ellis

Post by TorquayFans.com »

United Women’s Chairman Steve Elswood has announces his team’s new line-up. Steve Elswood, Chair of Torquay United Women’s FC is proud to announce a new management team. This will consist of joint managers Tracey Cross & Jake Ellis, with Tracey continuing to lead in a player manager capacity alongside Ellis & a full support team. Image Regarding the appointments, Elswood said: “Jake and Tracey stepped into caretaker roles over the last 10 days and I felt that their appointment permanently gives an internal knowledge of the squad and also sets us up really positively for the future. There are lots of projects starting now and a pathway to build for the future for the football club, and with hunger from both Jake and Tracey we are going to  be in a far more promising picture for the future. “There’s no pressure on them to deliver us National League safety this season. Of course, we’ll be delighted if we can achieve it but if we can’t sadly then we make sure we’re in a really positive position to bounce straight back again with a enthusiastic and strong management team. For us all now it’s getting some positive results where we can.” Image Elswood also wanted to place on record his thanks to a Alan Wyatt, who has departed the Club for pastures new. “We would like to put it out there our thanks to Alan Wyatt, who worked tirelessly with me throughout last season and stepped into the head coach role for the first quarter of this season. Without his support and hard work, we wouldn’t have achieved the success last season in winning the title and the incredible county cup final triumph. “Alan was offered a role within the new structure, looking after and developing a recruitment & scouting network, and helping to develop a pathway for young players. However, he made a decision that coaching was his main love, and stepped away from the Club to have a break from the game but I’m sure he ll be back coaching a team in due course. Image

Read more