Maidstone v Torquay United TUE 6th Feb

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

When will GaryJohnson learn?????? Get a defence man. We were requiring a centre back and right back from day one.
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

A much improved performance to be fair but what's that? One win in last nine? Dear me.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

We even lose when we play well. Didn't deserve that.
Maidstone very lucky to get 3 points.
TheYellowFromExeter
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Pop side

Post by TheYellowFromExeter »

Hopefully Johnson will realise that even ‘a change in personnel’ won’t help our situation and he’ll just walk tomorrow. In his post-match interview on Saturday he did mention that there would be a meeting with the directors this week so who knows what will come out of that
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Bristol_Gull »

“Game management”.

Sounded like the players put in more of a shift today, but nonetheless we’ve now lost to 2 playoff contenders and shown we can’t compete.

What will it take for a change?
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Credible performance from a team that could have easily given up but I did think before the game the match day squad looked a lot better than Saturdays.
Two highly winnable games coming up, will we push on from here?
WainwrightGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by WainwrightGull »

Sounds an improvement from Saturday ++++show.
Fact is we lost again, another defeat and another 3 points gone as we slip further.
Osborne/ Edwards needs to react NOW.
1win in how many and that was against the Mighty Dover
Not acceptable. Going to be toxic again on Saturday unless Johnson is gone that’s a certainty.
zebgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by zebgull »

SWgull wrote: 06 Feb 2024, 21:47 A much improved performance to be fair but what's that? One win in last nine? Dear me.
Much improved? Played well? I know I've not got to many matches recently but this surely highlights how far we've fallen. Again watching on NL TV is not the same as live - so I welcome criticism for being an armchair fan this season (followed the team avidly for 40 years but have 2 young kids!)- but we are so lightweight in every department. We were poor - nothing upfront - Acheampong well I couldn't count on one hand the touches that went to a team mate, and WJD is just not good enough, when you compare him to someone like Randall a couple of years ago playing in the same position, light years apart. Boyd and Booth did ok, and I am just willing Hall and Lapslie back to form but really do fear their best years are well behind them. McGavin was composed first half, possibly our best player (not saying much), faded a bit second half, Archer lively and worked hard when he came on. Marshall injury didn't look too good.....
RedGull1902
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by RedGull1902 »

I think a good performance in this part time shite league is a bare minimum !!!!!!
york_gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by york_gull »

Commendable effort from the boys tonight but a serious lack of quality, especially in defence.

We didn’t start either half well and that was our downfall…at 2-2 with 15mins to play I thought we could show some spirit and hold on. Unfortunately their captain has scored an absolute screamer.
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

Absolute screamer but you have to question how he got so free of the midfield to have so much space to strike from.
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

TheYellowFromExeter wrote: 06 Feb 2024, 21:50 Hopefully Johnson will realise that even ‘a change in personnel’ won’t help our situation and he’ll just walk tomorrow. In his post-match interview on Saturday he did mention that there would be a meeting with the directors this week so who knows what will come out of that
A 2 year contract extension probably.
TheYellowFromExeter
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by TheYellowFromExeter »

SWgull wrote: 06 Feb 2024, 22:13 A 2 year contract extension probably.
Lifetime immunity from getting sacked
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Just had a look at the league table and think we should have enough to avoid a relegation scrap...
It's all about changing expectations!! We are that bad...
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Good, bad, indifferent performance it matters not - we are now in a results only based position

1 league win in our last 8 games and the continued slide down the table - zero chance of the playoffs with GJ in charge - now with a negative GD we are on track to finish somewhere around 14th-18th

still some accepting the failure

Looking forward to the mighty Slough Town on Saturday