Torquay United v St. Albans - 03rd February 2024.

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

I know it's not original, but SACK THE BOARD.
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

Depressing.
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Skillsy »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 03 Feb 2024, 15:54 Delusion still continues

We will NOT make the playoffs under GJ
United in Devon, better known as The Purveyor of Doom.

I went to the game today. We were dreadful, but I take no pleasure from the repeated failings of our team. I really think you enjoy us being so bad…….another defeat gives you the chance to be even more negative then normal, which is no mean feat. Shame, really.

And by the way, I won’t be getting into any further discussion with you. I know you won’t be able to resist having yet another go, but you’ll hear no response from me to you.
TorquayUntied
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by TorquayUntied »

Bristol_Gull wrote: 03 Feb 2024, 16:06 We need a change in energy and focus. Any new manager will bring this, along with a change in connections.

We’re close to hitting our lowest point ever so change is ESSENTIAL.

It would be difficult for a new manager to do any worse quite frankly
So no names. Exactly my point.

We won't get a full time manager of any note

No part timer will come here to go full time.

So exactly the whole point.
TorquayUntied
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by TorquayUntied »

kevgull wrote: 03 Feb 2024, 16:12Lee Johnson?
Blimey. So he is going to drop 3 to 4 levels below his career level to come here.

Mourinho to Dagenham and Redbridge or Barnet is more likely.

We are 6th tier.
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

TorquayUnited wrote: 03 Feb 2024, 17:59 Blimey. So he is going to drop 3 to 4 levels below his career level to come here.

We are 6th tier.
Lighten up! I suspect the poster was joking when he suggested LJ!!
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Well that was a dire afternoon, I wonder how many times I have said that this season, we signed booth which must have happened by thrursday at the latest because you have to register him,but no communication from the club, he looked useful and willing to talk and tackle, but just like the torquay we know and love he is a central defender and we play him at right back, craske a right back was played at centre back. perhaps because he was not fit and that was obvious when jeffers left him for dead for their first goal and shortly afterwards , guess what he went off with a hamstring pull. Young thomas did well for the time he was on but the whole team lacked any energy or belief, if you were a neutral you would have said st albans were full time and we weren't. you would have defientl I think first half ash and collins were caught offside at least ten times.
You know things are going wrong at the club when the popside tried to unfold a banner and that resulted with a to me to you for five minutes with the stewards who managed to snaffle half of the bed sheet.
I cannot blame Johnson today for once, I do not think he was at the game, certainly not in the duggout, is it too much to hope the owner has binned him. He did say in mid week that acheamoong was fit and available for selection also that new old players would be back , we only had four on the bench and two of them were first year pros.
Guildford Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Guildford Gull »

TorquayUnited wrote: 03 Feb 2024, 17:59 Blimey. So he is going to drop 3 to 4 levels below his career level to come here.

We are 6th tier.
Lee Johnson would be lucky to get a job at 6th tier level given his recent managerial record. Being a crap manager obviously runs in the family.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Guildford Gull wrote: 03 Feb 2024, 18:37 Lee Johnson would be lucky to get a job at 6th tier level given his recent managerial record. Being a crap manager obviously runs in the family.
He might be in luck :whistle:
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Johnson was there, in the Directors Box, well until he was spotted.
Yes, Johnson did say we'd have our injured players available, so did they get injured again?

Announcing Booths signing today was a nasty ploy in my opinion, designed only to take the sting out of today's planned protests.

It totally backfired, he'll be trying to buy out his contract again at this rate.

We do love playing players out of position and then wonder why they perform poorly.

A few weeks ago we were told all our injured players should be back available by next weekend. What's the betting we'll see nothing of Jarvis, Stobbs, Dawson, Duane etc etc.
TorquayUntied
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by TorquayUntied »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 03 Feb 2024, 18:38 He might be in luck :whistle:
I am deluded by saying no manager will come here.

Ok strange.

Anyway still not 1 name you have mentioned.

Do you know who's available at 6th tier level or below and local to Devon willing to give up their jobs and to come here full time?

Please just mention one name.
TorquayUntied
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by TorquayUntied »

I want just one name. Someone who is going to give up

their job to come here?

Hint local manager one level below us earns 90 grand a year in his full time job.

Will he give that up to come to Torquay on a grand a week ??

Deluded me blimey.

I of course not talking about St Albans manager today?

But hey ho.
Vick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Vick »

I have just watched GJ's post match interview. It sounded to me that, after blaming the players, he was hinting that he might be leaving TUFC soon.
Vick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Vick »

Dennis Kutrieb is available. He was sacked from Ebbsfleet earlier this week.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I am sorry to say today represented a new low and rarely have I seen so much fury from Season Ticket Holders in Bristows Bench.

This was an abject performance all round. St Albans played like a team who all knew one anothers game and they were quick and incisive and in Jeffers had a striker at the Top of his Form.

In contrast we continued to pass poorly, hoof the ball particularly Halstead and never looked like getting back into the game once St Albans scored.

Maidstone away on Tuesday must be counting on 3 points as in all honesty I can see us getting a real hammering.

God knows what Lee Johnson thought of his old mans team today but there is no other conclusion than it is an absolute shambles.