John Milton

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

John Milton

Post by Southampton Gull »

Apparently John Milton was offered an interview by Rovers but declined, so at present would still be attached to the Club ?

I think he'd be interested in working with Hargreaves should he be offered the job. I was told some time back that Hargreaves had got his coaching badges but that appears to not be the case so if he was given the job he'd need a wise head surely? I wonder if Milton would fancy stepping up. He worked closely with Russell Slade for 4 years and ended up going his own way after that finished so who knows, he could well decide to stay put.

I've got a lot of respect for the work he did while Buckle was here and I've no doubt a lot of the credit given to him (Buckle) was no doubt down to Milton. Milton brought a hell of a lot of talent to the Club and I hope he could find a way to stay here and continue doing that. I'm positive we'd be worse off if he did go.

He's his own man and not frightened to tell people exactly what he thinks of them so might be just the man to keep while everyone else disappears off into the sunset.

I would expect Buckle to want him there alongside him so maybe he will end up at Rovers, let's hope not.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
basil75
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by basil75 »

Not sure whether my head handle processing positivity today and as a result my ability to identify good news has diminished somewhat, but this sounds good, I think?
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Southampton Gull wrote:Apparently John Milton was offered an interview by Rovers but declined, so at present would still be attached to the Club.

I think he'd be interested in working with Hargreaves should he be offered the job. I was told some time back that Hargreaves had got his coaching badges but that appears to not be the case so if he was given the job he'd need a wise head surely? I wonder if Milton would fancy stepping up. He worked closely with Russell Slade for 4 years and ended up going his own way after that ended so who knows, he could well decide to stay put.

I've got a lot of respect for the work he did while Buckle was here and I've no doubt a lot of the credit given to him (Buckle) was no doubt down to Milton. Milton brought a hell of a lot of talent to the Club and I hope he could find a way to stay here and continue doing that. I'm positive we'd be worse off if he did go.

He's his own man and not frighteed to tell people exactly what he thinks of them so might be just the man to keep while everyone else disappears off into the sunset.
That's an interesting development Dave.

To be honest I'm a bit surprised as I kind of thought that Bucks would have "insisted" that JM came with him? It appeared on the face of it at least that Bucks and Milton have a very good working relationship but that said I guess we shouldn't forget that JM was actually at the club BEFORE Bucks even arrived ... he was actually introduced at the same time as Leroy and I can remember Leroy saying that he (Milton) would be his most important signing in the brief time Leroy was in charge the second time around.

If we are going to go down the rookie route then keeping him on board would be a big boost not least in the recruitment side of things as there is no doubt in my mind that he has played an important role in building the current squad.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Is Milton on a contract or still working on a voluntary basis? I'm 99% sure that he's a Torquay fan which may swing in our favour.
GullsFan
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by GullsFan »

Interesting, should help the rookie manager if we employ one, The experience and the knowledge should help us on our way, hopefully he doesn't follow Buckle, and in the case if he is a Torquay fan surely he would want to stay?
basil75
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by basil75 »

If he was working on a voluntary basis at any point, that to me suggests his move down to Torquay was not a career orientated move, which would suggest that he would be reluctant to uproot perhaps?

Pure speculation on my part though as I know nothing about his personal life.
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Isn't it refreshing someone remaining loyal?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Boom Boom wrote:Isn't it refreshing someone remaining loyal?

I suspect he could still follow Buckle unless the Club make an effort to keep him but he does seem to have a real affinity for our Club.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

If he's as important as many on this site are saying, and he stays with us, we (as fans) should give him some acknowledgement en mass at a game next season.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Southampton Gull wrote:
I suspect he could still follow Buckle unless the Club make an effort to keep him but he does seem to have a real affinity for our Club.

Lets hope we do not leave this too late. If the board truly are not meeting until a week today then he could be long gone - along with Stanley, Branston and important others.

Losing Milton could be a bigger loss than losing Bucks and North.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

How can we offer contracts to Branston,Stanley or anyone else. We have not got a manager?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Don't need a manager to offer a contract, so far as I know, it's just the normal course of things. I suspect that some clubs allow their DOF (I'm thinking the Frymeister at the Posh) to sort out things like this.

In a recent show made by Sir Alan Sugar about money in football, he interviewed Harry Redknapp. He openly stated that he didn't have a clue how much the players were on since "all that stuff" was handled by the board and the agents etc. I imagine that the players we want to keep, regardless, would be fairly obvious to anyone watching. The board may not be the best on earth, but they must know that the sooner we nail down Branno and Stanners, the better off we are.

Also, if they need someone to drive Macklin to his new club, I can provide a Mercedes and driver at 10 minutes notice.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Regards acknowledgement of Milts, perhaps an alteration to our new favourite song...

Weeeeee love you, we love you, we love you,
'Cause all your work is brilliant, is brilliant, is brilliant,
we've got the great John Milton, John Milton, John Milton,
and that's the way we like it, we like it, we like it.

Ok, so it won't win a grammy, but then Oasis did once write "Slowly walking down the hall, faster than a cannonball."

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

Superb, probably be just us two singing though.
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

monkeyboy wrote:Superb, probably be just us two singing though.
Noooooo Iv'e heard Matt's singing. It's not pretty!! :'(
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."