Johnson latest drivel

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Johnson latest drivel

Post by culmstockgull »

We have had the infamous wrong supporter comments, now today he has come out with another gem, we are not allowed to berate the players when they are playing crap, supposedly, one player got abuse after a mistake and it affected his game, without knowing who he talking about, if its the hereford game then all of them were definetely affected,presumbly the player is now off with stress and getting counselling for PTSD, come on ,these are grown ups who are happy to take the applause when they win, if they are so fragile as to be affected by some fans giving them a gob full then professional football is the wrong career choice.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Just in case some haven't seen or read the article concerned here's a link ; https://www.devonlive.com/sport/footbal ... on-9052238

Being honest and totally fair I have a degree of sympathy here, it's not great atmosphere to be playing in, and there's nothing worse for a player, who becomes scared to try 'that pass' etc knowing if it goes wrong there's 2,000 boo's waiting in the wings.

But this article does come across in typical Blame everyone or everything but me from Gary Johnson, we've had talented young players here wasted, Lolos, Crowe, McGavin all prime examples of players never played to their strengths, so no surprise they've been berated by fans, however it was never the fault of the players, if you want young players to perform and thrive, give them an opportunity to do so.

Lolos was never a wide attacking player, so why was he always played there. Look at him now.
Crowe never a wing back, why as he always played there.
McGavin never an attacking midfielder, why was he played there, why only now has he been moved into a more withdrawn role, and all of sudden we're seeing the best out of him, well my, my strange what happens when you try to put square pegs in square holes.

GJ has been unable by and large to sign players to fit his philosophy, but GJ appears to be someone who's to stubborn, to change, and set this team up to a more suited way of playing, do fans want entertaining, Martin Ling's 1 up top was never that entertaining but he got results, that's what fans want.

We've regressed for 3 full years now, so there's no kneejerk reactions, fans are fed up and want change, so it's hardly surprising that things turn so toxic, so quickly.
Formerly known as forevertufc
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Thanks for posting the link Dave, I hadn't seen the article. To be honest, I don't see anything wrong with what he said. Too many haters wanting to jump on anything he says, then equally when he doesn't speak.
I can't comment on the team's performance as I haven't been to a match for so long, and I know everyone is entitled to differing opinions, but I wish people would get behind the team. Abuse and a toxic atmosphere is not going to help improve any players performance.
Steve_TUFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Steve_TUFC »

Total deflection tactics from the arrogant and horrible Johnson.

Its his team, his coaching, his tactics, his responsibility when it goes wrong on the pitch.

If he’s here next season promoted or not I won’t be going again until he’s sacked (assuming they don’t recruit his son to replace him of course!)
WainwrightGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by WainwrightGull »

Johnson run out of ideas long ago. He is now running out of comments to make. He is past his sell by date just like his out of date tactics. His time is running out , and each game is closer to his finale here thankfully.
Chelston TUFC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Chelston TUFC »

I would have had respect for his comments if he'd added....."don't give it to the young lads who are trying hard to the best of their abilities, I've been around enough and win or lose, home or away I'll front up to all the fans and take the criticisms. Spare the players and I'll take full accountability"
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Sounds like they all need to "grow a pair", starting with Johnson.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

westbaygull wrote: 23 Jan 2024, 18:42 Thanks for posting the link Dave, I hadn't seen the article. To be honest, I don't see anything wrong with what he said. Too many haters wanting to jump on anything he says, then equally when he doesn't speak.
I can't comment on the team's performance as I haven't been to a match for so long, and I know everyone is entitled to differing opinions, but I wish people would get behind the team. Abuse and a toxic atmosphere is not going to help improve any players performance.
Totally with your sentiment here, unfortunately there are a few mitigating circumstances as to why things have gone so sour on the terraces, GJ has done a fair bit of button pressing, especially when he told a few of the travel club their support wasn't welcome at Dartford.

The sad thing is, it's the players who are caught in the crossfire.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

The team are not playing badly because the atmosphere is toxic. The atmosphere is toxic because the team are not performing.
6667GULL
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'KANE

Post by 6667GULL »

His arrogance knows no bounds and is only getting worse.
He is doing nothing to redeem himself with the fans.
Why?
Because he knows that even if we don't get promoted this season he will still be our manager next season.
WainwrightGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by WainwrightGull »

So anybody want to predict what the latest drivel will be ?
Windy conditions don't suit Full time teams
The Slope on the pitch
Referee
Offside
Wrong type of fans
We will speak to the lads and watch the footage

Do us all a favour please
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

I hate this woke quest to try and totally sanitise football, so a player has had a bit of grief, and now he's got hurt feelings?, really??, don't get me wrong I'm not "on' someone and dishing out flack, but if someone is playing poorly, surely a paying fan has a right to vent his or her frustration?, you don't even have to use expletives to get your views across, I'm amazed GJ has taken this stance esp given his age and being in the game so long, I've always thought GJ loves all the first pumping and giving it the large one when we win, but when we are piss poor he scuttles off asap..
bobbytanz1963
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by bobbytanz1963 »

:goodpost:
The Great Muta! wrote: 23 Jan 2024, 22:20 I hate this woke quest to try and totally sanitise football, so a player has had a bit of grief, and now he's got hurt feelings?, really??, don't get me wrong I'm not "on' someone and dishing out flack, but if someone is playing poorly, surely a paying fan has a right to vent his or her frustration?, you don't even have to use expletives to get your views across, I'm amazed GJ has taken this stance esp given his age and being in the game so long, I've always thought GJ loves all the first pumping and giving it the large one when we win, but when we are piss poor he scuttles off asap..
WainwrightGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by WainwrightGull »

The same old drivel from Johnson after todays defeat after another shite saturday show.
bobbytanz1963
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by bobbytanz1963 »

The latest interview is one of a broken individual. No sense of fight to rectify the situations

Just going through the motions and drawing his monthly salary.