Johnson latest drivel

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Anger shouldn’t be directed solely at Johnson, the owner doesn’t care
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

That’s because there was only 70 of them not 2,000
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

westbaygull wrote: 07 Feb 2024, 09:03 Whatever he says, he will be ripped apart. Personally, I found the last interview really uncomfortable viewing, he looks and sounds broken. By all accounts, yesterday's performance was much improved and going by the predictions on here, took many by surprise.
Nobody knows for sure what's going on with GJ, we're all pretty sure what's going on with CO. It bothers me seeing the amount of toxicity being levelled at the players and management when the root problem is clear.
Wasting my breath, I know. How many wanted Mike Bateson gone for his lack of ambition, how many wish we were still a L2 club with no ambition?
:goodpost:

I remember saying that I would take 22 in L2 every season and got grief for it big time - If only that was the case now....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

WainwrightGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by WainwrightGull »

As expected the same old crap
Ref and 2x Linos didn't give us much !
Lads gave beyond the 'Call of duty'......they are paid as pro footballers in case he has forgotten
only allowed 3 subs

Another defeat 1 win in 9
11 goals conceeded in last 3 games
21 points behind Yeovil

GJ the safest job in English football
longfordgull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by longfordgull »

Agree that GJ looks and sounds a broken man. The toll on him and his family must be huge. It is a tricky one but football has its own "rules" and loyalty from clubs to their managers or players isn't one of them. I thought the team was awful under Gary Owers and it did seem as if the talk on here that the club was deliberately being run down was true. So I was really surprised when Owers was sacked and Johnson brought in. What a change. Suddenly Jamie Reid was scoring for fun. How did that happen? Confidence I suppose. Anyway few people would complain about the promotion or the near miss on promotion to the league when we lost to Hartlepool. The same manager that accomplished that has been unable to rebuild the team. We would be very lucky to make the play-offs. Some on this site have asked who should step in. Well I don't know. Who would have suggested Johnson? I don't think there would be any shortage of applicants when the vacancy does come up but I hope it is sooner rather than later. I can't watch Johnson's post match interviews anymore. The man is suffering.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

It’s early February and we have lost to:

Worthing
Aveley
Hemel Hempstead
Maidstone
Weston-super-Mare
Hampton & Richmond
Yeovil
Dartford
Chelmsford
Truro
Worthing
St Albans
Maidstone

We are now 2 points away from the Playoffs - could be 4 points if Bath win their game in hand.

What’s the plan Gary?
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

The conviction, desire and hunger has to come from the management.

GJ sounds like a broken man in each interview.

He may have a free pass but he’s got to get a grip for his own health and sanity as well as the sake of the club and team.

I’d suggest he needs outside counsel and support, the tricky thing is when someone tends to place the fault outside of themselves (as GJ often does), it’s unlikely that they will take personal responsibility for their own transformation.

Sesimbra
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sam Collins

Post by Sesimbra »

So the Manager is proud of his team losing in a part-time league and with only 1 win this year. The apathy behind that remark speaks volumes of GJ's present expectations. It does raise the question *Is there a hidden agenda?"
How can he motivate the players when he is satisfied with a loss? Another question "Has he given up or is he just seeing his time out before he decides to retire?".
The motives of the owner are well known. What are the motives of the manager?
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by WestLondonYellow »

Sesimbra wrote: 08 Feb 2024, 17:50 So the Manager is proud of his team losing in a part-time league and with only 1 win this year. The apathy behind that remark speaks volumes of GJ's present expectations. It does raise the question *Is there a hidden agenda?"
How can he motivate the players when he is satisfied with a loss? Another question "Has he given up or is he just seeing his time out before he decides to retire?".
The motives of the owner are well known. What are the motives of the manager?
*Is there a hidden agenda?" we have to stop pussyfooting around this issue and being afraid to take a solid stance. there is no question there is an agenda and it isn't hidden.

"The motives of the owner are well known. What are the motives of the manager? " They are aligned 100%, this is why Johnson is still in a job here, he is Osbornes method of delivering failure. The early success, it appears now, as a ruse to get people onside, cause confusion regarding the true motives and subsequently cause division and confusion in the fan base right now.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

WestLondonYellow wrote: 09 Feb 2024, 09:26 *Is there a hidden agenda?" we have to stop pussyfooting around this issue and being afraid to take a solid stance. there is no question there is an agenda and it isn't hidden.

"The motives of the owner are well known. What are the motives of the manager? " They are aligned 100%, this is why Johnson is still in a job here, he is Osbornes method of delivering failure. The early success, it appears now, as a ruse to get people onside, cause confusion regarding the true motives and subsequently cause division and confusion in the fan base right now.
I’m no conspiracy theorist but I agree
Vick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Vick »

I don't think it's plausible to think that Johnson is deliberately trying to fail. I absolutely believe he is trying to get the team to win. Whether his efforts are good enough is a different question.
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

Vick wrote: 09 Feb 2024, 13:24 I don't think it's plausible to think that Johnson is deliberately trying to fail. I absolutely believe he is trying to get the team to win. Whether his efforts are good enough is a different question.
Depends how much money he and Pete are being offered. It’s not like they would be planning another job at their age and his legacy is already wrecked so why would he care.
WainwrightGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by WainwrightGull »

So one of this weeks drivel is
‘That’s how football goes sometimes’
Guess looking at the league table , we have nothing to worry about then ? 🙄
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Osborne is knowingly running the club into the ground. Somewhere behind the scenes there has been a dirty deal cooked up for some individuals to make a shed load of money. They do not care one iota about the demise of TUFC.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

What’s the chances of having AFC Torquay up and running in time for the 24/25 Western League season? Surely the ground requirements aren’t that high at that level.