Chippenham v Torquay Tue 23rd

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
TheYellowFromExeter
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Pop side

Post by TheYellowFromExeter »

1-1. Full time.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Full time 1-1. Two yellow cards (red) cost us!
WainwrightGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by WainwrightGull »

Part timers 1 full timers 1 and another 2 points lost, glad I swerved another disappointing night.
Simply not good enough. Johnson OUT
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

WainwrightGull wrote: 23 Jan 2024, 21:50 Part timers 1 full timers 1 and another 2 points lost, glad I swerved another disappointing night.
Simply not good enough. Johnson OUT
Hardly GJ's fault if a player gets himself sent off..... :-/
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

bobbytanz1963
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by bobbytanz1963 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 23 Jan 2024, 23:21 Hardly GJ's fault if a player gets himself sent off..... :-/
Quite correct but it is GJ’s fault we have no one who can bloody finish in front of goal. Poor recruitment and useless loanees !

He is past his sell by date and won’t but out grateful. Good to see the gaffer acknowledge the fans ….. maybe only the positive ones !
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Skillsy »

Just got back from the game.
First half we were neat and tidy without creating many chances, but deserved the lead after a well taken goal. Second half was much the same but the sending off was the turning point and they equalised within about three minutes. After that we stepped it up again and had three good chances to score late on, Archer could have had two and Collins had a shot blocked from very close range.
Very difficult conditions, swirling wind and rain, The sending off looked the right decision and I believe we would have won had we retained eleven players.
Disappointing result given that we were the better team, and two points definitely dropped.
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Skillsy »

Foyo has returned to Ipswich.
Kevin Dawson will be available three weeks from now.
WainwrightGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by WainwrightGull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 23 Jan 2024, 23:21 Hardly GJ's fault if a player gets himself sent off..... :-/
Discipline is down to GJ I am afraid SNW
Shall we rewind to last season and the sendings off through lack of discipline. How many points did it cost us, and one of the many reasons we got relegated.
Down to GJ in my opinion, or maybe wrong recruitment.
Will the lack of discipline cost us again, or have you forgotten how we got here 🤔
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Weather conditions down to Gary Johnson too.The bloke can't even get that right.
Still, allowing for that I thought Chippenham looked poor and disappointed we didn't get on top after the early goal, turn the screw and kill them off with a second but we can't seem to do that.
Guess Ash ran out of steam, pity as I think he would have taken one of those late chances. Not sure where Collins best position is but he doesn't offer much up front. We'll need to be a lot better to get anything at Worthing, they showed us how to play football at Plainmoor.
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

collins has proven a poor signing, and tonight showed what a real lack of firepower we have upfront.

if foyo has gone back that is another terrible piece of recruitment, WE NEED A STRIKER!!

what's even more worrying is the pack lining up behind us, lose a few more and we will be 12/13th quite easily with an uphill battle
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by aggrey_25 »

its actually hard to see getting any points against, worthing, slough, maidstone and st albans, all teams in form.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Oh the joys of open terraces, a waterproof coat that wasn't, a gale force wind and driving rain and a puncture on the way home , a cracking night if you were a duck. We started brightly and were actually passing to each other which confused many of us for a time becuase of the strangeness of those events until we concluded thats what football teams do.Just not us of late. I have never been a fan of mcgavins work rate but last night he put in a major shift and he was my man of the match, undoubtedly making up for Halls shortcomings, his legs have totally gone, if he had beeen a stag in the highlands they would have done the kindly thing and culled him well before now. Harris arguably the best player on the park before christmas in many games is a shadow of his former self, what has johnson done to him. Archer ran and ran but no end quality, a good player for the youth set up but not yet ready for mens football, he had two good chances to score second half one was a six yard tap in but we had it confirmed his left leg is just for standing on, in the time it took to get it onto his right they were throwing defenders at him. Ash seems to be getting his sharpness back and was far better than in the dover game. No sign of martin last night, is he another player that cannot manage two games in a week. Last night against a very average side we dropped two points.
Just listened to the world according to Johnson post match revelations, two comments stood out for me, we lacked quality, 27 games into the season and he has just come to that realisation,and I need to find a team that can get us promoted, good luck on that one.
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

I've probably done roughly 10 games this season, and from what I've seen of Collins I've always thought he is talented, good on the ball, has trickery and can run with the ball, you'd think with those skills he'd be better than he is, it's GJ job to unlock that and get him to properly flourish, he may need to bulk up a bit, and get his shooting boots on, but I don't think he's a bad player, just had a dip in form maybe, I'd stick with him.
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by aggrey_25 »

the whole season so far is a pretty big dip in form, he hasn't produced anything, there isn't time to "stick with him"

agree Hall is done, be better as a target man
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

Point taken aggrey_25, I know what you're saying, and can see that entirely from your point of view, I just think if GJ can tap into his skills set, unlock his talents he'll come good for us, you can't play the number of games in league 2 and be a poor player can you?, I'm not saying he's a world beater, but GJ needs to find his best position that can showcase his talents.