torquayfans.com Player of the Season

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

torquayfans.com Player of the Season

Post by Gulliball »

The season is over, and the results are in. Over the course of the season, the match going fans have been voting for their man of the match. I've added together the results from all 49 league games played this season, and the results are as follows...

Congratulations to Guy Branston, the winner of the http://www.torquayfans.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Player of the Season.

The full results are as follows, complete with all 30 players who were nominated in at least one game over the season. As a reminder, the numbers mean nothing in themselves, they're just the numbers I've equated the votes to, but they're useful to see everyone in proportion rather than just a plain number 1-30 ranking.

1. Branston (167)
2. Zebroski (159)
3. Mansell (117)
4. O'Kane (89)
5. Nicholson (79)
6. Stanley (74)
7. Bevan (61)
8. Ellis (59)
9. Benyon (56)
10. Robinson (52)
11. Robertson (45)
12. Tomlin (44)
13. Kee (36)
14. Oastler (33)
15. Stevens (27)
16. Lathrope (26)
17. Wroe (24)
18. Potter (16)
19. Pringle (9)
20. LRT (9)
21. Gritton (5)
22. Rose (5)
23. Carlisle (5)
24. Murray (3)
25. Charnock (3)
26. Senda (3)
27. Hemmings (2)
28. Macklin (1)
29. Yeoman (1)
30. Gilligan (1)

Branston was nominated for Man of the Match points in 41 out of the 48 games he started, showing incredible consistency. Zebroski (40 from 47), Mansell (39 from 48), Nicholson (33 from 45) and O'Kane (29 from 34) also did very well in this regard over the season.

Also worth mentioning are Craig Stanley, who was nominated 17 times in 19 starts (a higher ratio but over a shorter period), Tomlin (12 from 15) and Ellis (19 from 24).

A huge thank-you to the fans who have sent their nominations in over the course of the season, providing the data for this experiment. Let me know your thoughts, and if enough people are interested I'll see if it's worth repeating next season, or any ways you'd like to see it improved.

Chris
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Fantastic effort, Chris.

Great stuff!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

A truly sterling effort, that man. Thanks for the information.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Thanks for the hard work. Can't argue with the winner.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Excellent work. Can I cast my votefor a continuation next season?
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

It's interesting where each player lines up actually.

But top marks for effort, very impressive work.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

CP Gull wrote:Now I don't know exactly know how the voting went for Player of the Year last season but my guess would be that if you asked any TUFC fan to name our TEN BEST PLAYERS back in May then ALL SEVEN would have been on that list - with O'Kane, Manse and Nico making up the rest. I guess our own MOM poll voting from around that time would back this up?
To answer the question posed by CP Gull above, of the top 12 performing players last year, 8 (if you include Robertson) have left the club, leaving Mansell, Ellis, Nicholson and O'Kane still here.

The defence this year looks pretty solid, but perhaps worryingly O'Kane is the only attacking player there.

If you look at the other set of stats, judged by how long they were here - http://torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1788" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Then 5 of the top 6 have gone, again leaving only O'Kane. Whichever way you look at it, we've been gutted since May, particularly in attacking areas.

Incidently, as this has been given a bump, if anyone does have any ideas or opinions what they'd like included in next years stats, then please let me know (PM or in this thread). And I still have the raw data from the season just gone, in case anyone wants any other stats I didn't include or about a particular player.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Thanks for that Gulliball (and for the excellent work over the season).