Clark Osborne/Jim Parker Interview

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gull in black
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gull in black »

Like Knightmaregull I think that the council are key to this.
Talk of a meeting with the council is concerning because the sight of money to councillors (for the freehold) could be attractive to them so that they can splash some cash on the promises they have made.
The biggest motivation for councillors is votes at a future election. That why it’s important for TUFC fans to contact their councillors (irrespective of political allegiance) to let them know what is important. The council needs to protect the future of TUFC for the people of Torbay. This must be through solid legal provisions that protect plainmoor until any new ground is ready and ensures that the ownership of the new ground (and income streams) cannot be separated from TUFC.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

While TUAFC may own the majority of the buildings plainmoor sits on, they do not solely own bristows, DCC put in nearly half a million so the school got their tech labs on the ground floor so that would have to be paid back.
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

DCC will form part of CO's plan though, most likely with them acquiring the ground - he absolutely has his eyes on far more lucrative land, rumoured that the College have some control over. He isn't doing all this to build on the Plainmoor hallowed turf that's for sure.

I've no idea who 'owns' DCC bit will be interesting to see if they come out of this with clean hands as well. As you say though, they are a key player in things though and so another potential blocker to any scheme that's afoot.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

DCC aren't key players in anything. Torbay is a unitary authority.
swindon gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benners

Post by swindon gull »

From todays swindon advertiser

Concerns over 'lack of progress' on Abbey Stadium amid council probe

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/new ... be/?ref=wa
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

Cheddargull wrote: 30 Jan 2024, 14:26 DCC aren't key players in anything. Torbay is a unitary authority.
They have a financial interest in the Bristows Bench facilities as Culmstock said? I don't know if this is true but if it is then Osborne would need to factor them into his plan.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Spires get Plainmoor, close down 2 stands and use the pitch. Osborne gets their Quinta playing fields, builds his houses.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Rather a telling factor that when Osborne turns up in the area (as it's rarer than finding hens teeth)it isn't to think of ways of strengthening the squad in an attempt to get promoted as I think the five year plan was a return to the second division or Maybe it's a ten year plan now.No , every time he shows his face it's zero to do with the on pitch improvement but how he can build a fantastic new stadium where the team can show off it's skills!
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

greb46 wrote: 31 Jan 2024, 05:28 Rather a telling factor that when Osborne turns up in the area (as it's rarer than finding hens teeth)it isn't to think of ways of strengthening the squad in an attempt to get promoted as I think the five year plan was a return to the second division or Maybe it's a ten year plan now.No , every time he shows his face it's zero to do with the on pitch improvement but how he can build a fantastic new stadium where the team can show off it's skills!
Does Clark ever ask Garry why we are so poor and if he needs a bigger budget?

Does Garry ever ask him for more money as these lads are all he can afford on the budget he has been given?

Oh to be a fly on the wall at these meetings.
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Peter Coffill

Post by Colorado »

After reading Brewers Boys post above I got to musing into their “in depth”conversations.

Phone Conversation

Mr Osborne: Hi Gary.
Gary: Hello Mr Osborne.
Mr Osborne: Things good there?
Gary: All good except we have the wrong sort of fans.
Mr Osborne: Quote right Gary. You tell ‘em whose boss.
Gary: Any questions for me?
Mr Osborne: Nope.
Gary: I’m gonna keep getting payed no matter what right?
Mr Osborne: Yup
Gary: Cool
Mr Osborne: Any questions for me?
Gary: Nope
Mr Osborne: Good. Bye
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Colorado »

Hey Mr Parker

You planning on manning up and doing another interview with Mr Osborne to follow up on your previous interview with “Petrolhead” or are you done now?

If you don’t have the guts to ask some real questions,
Would you mind if Dave Thomas got a chance?

Hey Mr Osborne, you wanna man up
and chat with Mr Thomas?
The deluder
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by The deluder »

Why? Thomas is a pussy as well.
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Colorado »

North Curry House: what say you?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

This article is quite damning of the clubs owner and his 'plans' for a new stadium.

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/sport-o ... 067493.amp
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Southampton Gull wrote: 01 Feb 2024, 16:32 This article is quite damning of the clubs owner and his 'plans' for a new stadium.

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/sport-o ... 067493.amp
Weren’t the ‘impressive’ plans mentioned nicked from Grimsby? They just put a badge over the Grimsby badge which you could still see 😂