Taunton Town.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TorquayUntied
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by TorquayUntied »

No rain in Taunton since Thursday. Was surprised by Saturdays postponement.

Tonight's well the chairman off sick and won't be returning ever again. Can't pay the players. Haven't been since September.

These so called postponments are a cover up I think.

Wondering if they have been locked out by the HMRC from the ground until some money is paid.

As I say be surprised we will be going to Taunton this season.
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

Wouldn't surprise me if Taunton (and possibly Truro) are expelled from the league and their record expunged, which is fine by us because we have no points to lose.
Vick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Vick »

There is another precautionary pitch inspection at Taunton this afternoon. Fingers crossed for them.
Yeofan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yeofan »

It's off. This groundshare really isn't going well. Still 20 games to play, and only March and April left.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

7 weeks to go this Saturday and don't they still have 32 games home and away to play between them?
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

TommyGunn wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 15:20 7 weeks to go this Saturday and don't they still have 32 games home and away to play between them?
20 of those are home games (Taunton played 15, Truro played 11)...there is no chance that they will fit them all in.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Time the League stepped in and sorted this farce out.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

I understand what people are saying here. Let's be careful what we wish for. We have our own challenges right now, don't wish ill on others.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I agree Nick but it is getting very serious and I guess the Vanarama Nl will be asking quetions of both Clubs.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

portugull wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 19:21 I agree Nick but it is getting very serious and I guess the Vanarama Nl will be asking quetions of both Clubs.
Agreed, we share the same thoughts. Just let's all be kind and remember the support we are currently getting from the greater football family.
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

:goodpost:
Nick Potkins wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 18:15 I understand what people are saying here. Let's be careful what we wish for. We have our own challenges right now, don't wish ill on others.
Vick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Vick »

Torquay United's game v Taunton Town on March 12th will be streamed.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

Truro's home game against Taunton will now be played at Vanarama National League North side Gloucester City :O
About a 400 miles round trip for Truro fans :'(
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Peter Coffill

Post by Colorado »

Vick wrote: 28 Feb 2024, 10:13 Torquay United's game v Taunton Town on March 12th will be streamed.
Come on all you Torquay United fans, living in the United States, Canada, South America, Australia, New Zealand, and everywhere else. Let’s send The National League TV a message that Torquay United fans are willing to put their money where there mouth is. Lots blow their ratings out of the water so they have to take notice
Fozziefan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Fozziefan »

Colorado wrote: 29 Feb 2024, 14:15 Come on all you Torquay United fans, living in the United States, Canada, South America, Australia, New Zealand, and everywhere else. Let’s send The National League TV a message that Torquay United fans are willing to put their money where there mouth is. Lots blow their ratings out of the water so they have to take notice
I would, but as with all the millions of other Asia/Oceania TUFC fans, Sat 3pm KOs are hard enough to watch and 7:30pm midweek KOs impossible. 🫤