Taunton Town.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Taunton Town.

Post by North Curry House »

Taunton Town have been served with winding up papers. They owe HMRC £££.

Over the last two weeks they have lost six or seven regular first team players and replaced them with the likes of Louie Slough and a couple of Bridgwater College players.
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

Hope that Taunton get it sorted.

From a TUFC perspective, I wonder if they have any players we should bring in.
WainwrightGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by WainwrightGull »

Midlandgull wrote: 18 Jan 2024, 18:15 Hope that Taunton get it sorted.

Worth a look, probably better than some of the softies we have.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Southend United didn't even break out in a sweat when they received their 18th winding-up petition in the summer. At Taunton It appears to be a PAYE issue - unable to pay wages and associated tax hence players leaving. I'm sure they will be OK but will need to cut their coat according to their cloth.
Vick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Vick »

Midlandgull wrote: 18 Jan 2024, 18:15 From a TUFC perspective, I wonder if they have any players we should bring in.
They got in a couple of loanees from Bristol City. Apparently, one of them, Zac Bell, has been outstanding for the Peacocks. Bell was also on loan at Yeovil earlier this season.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Ross Stearn at 33 has good experience and has been a regular goal scorer for Taunton from midfield.
LikeaPatOutaHele
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by LikeaPatOutaHele »

I was at the recent Taunton/Yeovil game. Zac Bell was the most impressive Taunton player on the night. Looked rather like the sort of right back we had hoped Dylan Crowe would be. A similar stature to Crowe, Bell was comfortable on the ball, quick, sharp in the tackle and most importantly knew how to defend.
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid

Post by Brewers boy »

Not our League,but, Gone probably forever now.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68016296
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Brewersboy, I saw that sad article and thats why I advise caution on those urging a phoenix club at torquay, Nuneaton are an old club, older than us,they too had history who had to became a phoenix club, run by geniune and well intentioned people but without the financial means to make anything work,no ground, no assets. now, no longer in existence.
TorquayUntied
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by TorquayUntied »

Midlandgull wrote: 18 Jan 2024, 18:15 Hope that Taunton get it sorted.

How and why is a part time player with a job paying more money going to come to Torquay on a full time basis give up his job for a few months for.

It won't happen. Get used to it in this league.
LikeaPatOutaHele
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by LikeaPatOutaHele »

TorquayUnited wrote: 26 Jan 2024, 09:27 How and why is a part time player with a job paying more money going to come to Torquay on a full time basis give up his job for a few months for.

It won't happen. Get used to it in this league.
Well 3 Taunton players have joined Yeovil since pre-season, so obviously it can happen. Two in the last month, since the club financial problems have become apparent.
There are young ambitious players in this league looking to progress in football.
Getting them does take a little more effort and research than our recruitment scout and manager are willing to commit too.
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid

Post by Brewers boy »

"How and why is a part time player with a job paying more money going to come to Torquay on a full time basis give up his job for a few months for.

It won't happen. Get used to it in this league."

Bang on. Any decent tradesman should be able to earn equal or more than a footballer at this level.

"Well 3 Taunton players have joined Yeovil since pre-season, so obviously it can happen. Two in the last month, since the club financial problems have become apparent.

If They're only bright enough to stack shelves at a supermarket then yes they would leap at the chance.
The deluder
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by The deluder »

Very condescending comment about people who work there n supermarkets. It is hard work.
AdrianC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by AdrianC »

I don’t think “Brewers Boy” was trying to deliberately condescending.

I think where he was coming from was that if you have a relatively low skilled job with low’ish wages then you’d likely jump at the chance of a full time contract, however, if you have a job with decent / stable wage plus your football income on top, you’d be far less likely to give that up.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Austen Booth, local lad, has bought himself out of his Taunton town contract. We were previously rumoured to be looking at him. He’s a young centre back and I believe this is the highest level he’s played at. May be one to keep an eye on.
The gulls are going up