Hereford v Torquay United 3pm 13th January 2024 FATrophy

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Hereford Gull66
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Hereford v Torquay United 3pm 13th January 2024 FATrophy

Post by Hereford Gull66 »

Nobody has started a tread for this game yet, perhaps it could be considered the least important game for the rest of this season or no points to be gained in the prediction league!

Anyway, for those traveling, welcome to Herefordshire, be aware that Hereford does not have a bypass so all traffic flows through Hereford so make sure you allow enough time.

I visited here for our last game, the 3-2 loss, now a retired resident I am not looking forward to the grief I will be getting after Saturday, We will going in to this game as under dogs, until last Saturday Hereford were on an excellent run.
Hereford born striker Andy Williams returned this year after playing for various lower football league teams. He was injured in preseason, and only started playing late last year, sounds familiar, as Hereford shot up the table. Earlier in the season Hereford could not score goals, although were difficult to beat.
After a number of victories, a home 1-1 draw with Gloucester in front of a 4,516 crowd after Williams went off at half time with Hereford 1-0 up, followed by a 3-0 defeat at Scarborough after a dubious sending off.

I do not think we will risk starting any players back from injury, May be 15 minutes at the end so personally I think we are going in as underdogs for this game, play like we have in parts of many game’s recently and we will get well beaten.

My heart hope we get a draw and go through on penalties, my head says 3-1 loss

coyy
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

2-1 Hereford.
More misery upon misery I fear.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

No not high on anyones priority list. A win with a home draw would be welcome but otherwise, get out of a competition that will only cost us injuries and suspensions.

As mentioned it does not even count in the prediction competition but my guess is a 4-1 defeat.
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

2-1 Gulls. Both teams chasing promotion and neither will want injuries or cards in a tin pot trophy.
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Skillsy »

Subject to the approval of 'United in Devon', I will stick with my prediction from last week........

Hereford 0 Torquay 3
The deluder
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by The deluder »

4-3 Bulls.
WainwrightGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by WainwrightGull »

A game we can do without. Would have considered going if we were half decent, but after last Saturdays debacle I won’t be wasting my petrol. An afternoon’s snooker
On Eurosport split screen with Soccer Saturday is far more appealing to me. However hats off to the guys who wish to view another likely shit show.
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

This will be a good test vs a side in and around our level but of course in NLN, same standard as ourselves pretty much...Bulls 1-2 Gulls I see Andy Williams is back at Hereford, although in late 30's now, is a proven hitman upfront.
zebgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by zebgull »

0-3 Gulls
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

The NLN and NLS are sister divisions and equal in non league pyramid, it's hard to gauge whether there's a difference in strength and depth between the two.

If we look at Herefords position in the NLN they are the higher ranked team here, although their record is similar to ours.

If we look at all factors here, if the prediction league counted for this game I'd be going with a fairly comfortable Hereford win here, it doesn't, will be shocked if our team are in the draw for the next round.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

4-0 Hereford
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

The two teams should be of similar standard but much will depend whether the best anva eleven’s are picked.
We’ll be there. Proper football ground for an away match. Going to be cold.

I went there in the Bryn the Dog season when we conceded late to draw and once for what I think was last game of season with a lot at stake for someone I think.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Skillsy wrote: 12 Jan 2024, 18:47 Subject to the approval of 'United in Devon', I will stick with my prediction from last week........

Hereford 0 Torquay 3
Love that! :lol: I will go with the same score - I'm feeling positive today for a change
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Any team news guys?
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »