Hereford v Torquay United 3pm 13th January 2024 FATrophy

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
WainwrightGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by WainwrightGull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 14 Jan 2024, 11:29 You could also say that it "goes quiet" from the other side when we win....
I disagree as after some of the lucky wins and we all know there have been many fortunate ones. There is always something to mull over with this bunch of losers.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

The standard of football this season has been appalling. We have never really dominated games, have created few scoring chances, have looked weak in many areas and have failed to address problems as the season has progressed. Just where do we go from here??
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

WainwrightGull wrote: 14 Jan 2024, 11:34 I disagree as after some of the lucky wins and we all know there have been many fortunate ones. There is always something to mull over with this bunch of losers.
That's irrelevant.
A win is a win....
When GJ says we we're "unlucky" to lose, that doesn't seem to count either.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I don't think it matters one jot what Gary Johnson says, GJ knows he isn't getting fired, so will do what hell he likes. At any football club where a manager had lost the trust of the majority of its fanbase, would be a reason on it's own for a club to take a business decision, and replace the manager .

Continued poor recruitment would be enough to see the likes of Buckland Athletic replace their manager, let alone any professional football club, we've had 3 seasons of utter shite recruitment, that would be a stand alone reason to make a change.

Continued poor performances would be another stand alone reason for any club to change the manager, we are seeing one no show after another here at TUFC.

There is 3 stand alone reasons why any club would make a change, Gary Johnson is ticking the check box on all 3 , but here at TUFC, no worries, you can can collect your monthly pay check for not even coming close to meeting the expectations that are a minimum requirement for the job your paid to do.

Gary Johnson should NOT remain at this football for another day end of story. His continued employment will cost this club a lot more than replacing him will.
Formerly known as forevertufc
WainwrightGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by WainwrightGull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 14 Jan 2024, 12:03 That's irrelevant.
A win is a win....
When GJ says we we're "unlucky" to lose, that doesn't seem to count either.
A win is a win , but as our manager states this is an entertainment business. Not sure about you but I would like to be entertained and we have had little entertainment for over 18 months.
If you get your kicks out of beating part time outfits then enjoy it by all means.
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Skillsy »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 13 Jan 2024, 20:12 Looking forward to Skillsys report from the 0-3 prediction

Probably still the manager for us for SG too
Not sure what you're on about, saying I didn't stick with a prediction (probably related to the Eastbourne game). I have deleted nothing.

What I do notice is that every single comment you make is negative........it sounds like you get pleasure every time we put up a poor performance and lose. There is no doubt we have been poor all season but these are the times when we should all stick together. It's easy to be a loyal supporter when a team is winning, not so easy when losing.

Early forecast for next Saturday............Torquay 4 Dover 0.
WainwrightGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by WainwrightGull »

:goodpost:
Dave wrote: 14 Jan 2024, 12:23 I don't think it matters one jot what Gary Johnson says, GJ knows he isn't getting fired, so will do what hell he likes. At any football club where a manager had lost the trust of the majority of its fanbase, would be a reason on it's own for a club to take a business decision, and replace the manager .

Continued poor recruitment would be enough to see the likes of Buckland Athletic replace their manager, let alone any professional football club, we've had 3 seasons of utter shite recruitment, that would be a stand alone reason to make a change.

Continued poor performances would be another stand alone reason for any club to change the manager, we are seeing one no show after another here at TUFC.

There is 3 stand alone reasons why any club would make a change, Gary Johnson is ticking the check box on all 3 , but here at TUFC, no worries, you can can collect your monthly pay check for not even coming close to meeting the expectations that are a minimum requirement for the job your paid to do.

Gary Johnson should NOT remain at this football for another day end of story. His continued employment will cost this club a lot more than replacing him will.
100% spot on
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Wolborough wrote: 14 Jan 2024, 11:49 The standard of football this season has been appalling. We have never really dominated games, have created few scoring chances, have looked weak in many areas and have failed to address problems as the season has progressed. Just where do we go from here??
A fair reflection of our season. Where do we go from here?. Looking at the table if we can get our act together we can still climb this table. "How we get there I don't know. How we get there I don't care. All I know is Torquay's on their way"
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Skillsy wrote: 14 Jan 2024, 12:39 Not sure what you're on about, saying I didn't stick with a prediction (probably related to the Eastbourne game). I have deleted nothing.

What I do notice is that every single comment you make is negative........it sounds like you get pleasure every time we put up a poor performance and lose. There is no doubt we have been poor all season but these are the times when we should all stick together. It's easy to be a loyal supporter when a team is winning, not so easy when losing.

Early forecast for next Saturday............Torquay 4 Dover 0.
I take no pleasure in watching the dross I have this season, or the one before that

As a ST holder (now in my 15 consecutive year of having one) Ive seen all bar one home game - and I'll be there at home vs dover

I'm happy to say it how it is without the rose tinted happy clapper glasses on

Even games we've won this season we haven't played well, recruitment diabolical and performances poor

We are only going backwards under GJ and Downes
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

A couple of points.

It would be interesting to know how many inadequate players and crocks Torquay United has signed over the past three seasons. I know he won't be given his P45, but it merely emphasises what an utterly useless 'scout'-and I use the term advisedly - Peter Johnson is. A prime case of nepotism.

Secondly, my son has heard a rumour that the club can't sack Gary Johnson as he, apparently, worked unpaid for some months due to the financial position. The tom tom drums have it that there is now a clause in Johnson's contract that he can't be dismissed.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

If Eastbourne was a bad day at the office , yesterday saw a group of unconnected players just not turning up, first half we were constantly arguing amongst ourselves about who did what or more usually who did not do what, we were a total shambles, as someone said in their match report on the TUFC Harris has the makings of a good player but he has been buggered not literally by johnson, whose bright idea was it to bring on martin as a forward wingback,midfielder/forward, he kept getting in harris's way and does not know how to make a forward run, you cannot blame him its not his game, the introduction of hall was a masterpiece of stupidity, compunded by asking him to play centre forward, he never ran once, he cannot run ,his legs have gone and foyo for all his failings has some pace, when the youngster was subbed he walked past us you could tell by his head shaking and body language he was questioning his choice of career, piece of advice lad, get your club to recall you before johnson totally ruins you too.
I am already wondering what Johnsons post match excuses will be if we do not get a result against Dover.
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Skillsy »

United in Devon..........I totally agree!

We have been poor all season. I cannot think of one game where I would say we have played well. We do not seem to be able to control the ball, nor pass it accurately. Moves frequently break down through a failure to master these two basic skills.

I have tried to support GJ but I am now losing belief. Game after game there is no improvement and I am not confident things will improve.

On the positive side we are somehow still in contention for second place. Apart from Yeovil there is no outstanding team in the league, and there is an opportunity to finish second but whether we are good enough to take advantage is very much in doubt.
Vick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Vick »

Torquay have a game or two in hand over most teams in the league. Winning or drawing one of those will be enough to jump back into the playoff places.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »