Clark Osborne

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Peter Coffill

Clark Osborne

Post by Colorado »

The buck stops with him.
Stop blaming Gary Johnson, the physio, the players.
This debacle of a team is on him plain and simple.
He can make changes in management, focus, energy. He choses not to do so.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

What a load of utter nonsense, whilst Clarke Osborne clearly does not care about the club we all know that.

What CO does not do is choose who to offer contracts to, CO does not plan the training schedule, CO does not man manage and look after the players well being CO doesn't pick the team and set up tactics, CO doesn't game manage, GJ does.

Co doesn't treat and diagnose injuries, CO doesn't set up injury prevention protocol either.

But you'd have thought as the owner CO would be more concerned about the level of incompetence being shown by those he pays to look after all the above.

GJ should have gone over a year ago end of, the club is forked.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Colorado »

Dave.
Did you even read my comment.
He and only he can change the manager
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Colorado wrote: 07 Jan 2024, 00:06 Dave.
Did you even read my comment.
He and only he can change the manager
Yes I did read your comment, however you did start with stop blaming Gary Johnson and physio, which made your post confusing and easy to lose parts of what you'd written, so please accept my apologies for any misunderstanding.
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Colorado »

Actually my first sentence referred to Clark Osborne.
Thank you for acknowledging your error.

Far more important is your comment about Clark Osborne not caring, “everybody knows that”.

If that’s the case, what can be done. Is the supporters trust doing everything in their power to bring in new ownership? Or is such a thought too absurd?
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

The problem is where is new ownership going to come from with the finances to reignite the club?Its hardly the greatest proposition for anyone at present.Osborne even if he has money refuses to spend anything on buying players so the ever revolving loanees continue.If he sacked Johnson presumably he would have to pay some type of remuneration to him and the assistant which isn't going to happen.Over the years there doesn't ever seem to have been any sell on fees attached to any sales should any ex player move initially to a lower league club and then by some chance get sold to a premier or championship team whereby a percentage could be added on.Surely this can be easily done but never considered hence no chance of extra finance coming in to the club.Another instance of mismanagement and incompetence for an owner who is supposed to be astute.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

The supporters trust have already said they've no designs on ownership of the club, and I don't think it's in the TUST's remit go to looking for potential new owners, even if it were, as the post above sets it out, TUFC isn't an attractive proposition, the club has little assets, and is currently a regional non-league club.

We know there isn't a TUFC fan out there with the money required, and it would take more than a lottery win, more like a massive Euro millions win by a fan to take control of the club properly (won't hold my breath there) so unless there's someone out there viewing TUFC as a Wrexham style project the only alternative ownership would be us fans, when or if CO decides to cut his loses and walk away.

There is huge potential at TUFC, however we'd be lucky to find someone willing to part with significant amounts of money on potential alone. That leads me onto my next point, my frustration with our club grows by the week, almost to the point my piss is beginning to boil.

For a start when you hear the local board talking about cashless turnstiles as a means to cut down matchday que's, couple that with the £2 matchday surcharge, I was at work yesterday, wasn't sure if I'd make it back on time so didn't buy a ticket, as it happens could have just about made it, but the thought of paying an extra £2 to watch the dross on offer at the moment made me decide to drive home instead, that's £20 plus I'd have spent money in the gulls nest.

Just how many are staying away because of the above? What sort of business acumen leads the club to bring in measures that turn away revenue from potential custom, I'm no businessman, don't think you have to be to see the folly here.

And then we have the situation with the manager, there can be no doubt anywhere, that the overwhelming percentage of TUFC's fanbase have lost all trust and no longer back GJ , yet despite failure after failure over what's now an extended period of time GJ remains at the club, and the ownership and local board tells us he's the best manager about (clearly not) seems to have been totally outwitted by Adam Murray who's only been at Eastbourne a few days, yet further evidence that the clubs owners do not understand football at all. How many more are staying because of the reason I've set out here ?

I've said this in the past and been scoffed at, despite all factors surrounding TUFC at the moment, we saw a gate of 2,000 quite incredible considering, I'll maintain until I'm blue in the face the club could now attract gates between 3,500 to 4,000 game in and out with some better decision making, with the increased income that comes with it, but I know it's not going to happen with the idiots we're stuck with.

After many years a season ticket holder, and the type of person who'd run through brick walls to defend our club, I find myself now wondering whether I can be truly arsed anymore, sad and frustrating I know, I'm far from alone in this.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Yes it's a sad indictment that due to bad ownership supporters like Dave are thinking of not watching matches that they've watched for years.As he says the potential is there with the continual support being higher than the majority in this league (unbelievable when you see 14 away supporters).For most owners listening to views it would send alarm bells ringing and if looking for long term success would gradually try to think of ways of increasing revenue but the malaise and disinterest appears to grow season on season.As Dave states why would any businessman refuse the opportunity of turning down revenue for cash when there are many supporters who are a bit older and not internet savvy.Basically saying if you don't learn I don't want to know you, bizarre when the financial increase could be substantial.If this was a sole trader they'd have failed years ago but TUFC is hardly Man City.It appears the owner won't wake up to this or has no interest in doing so which doesn't bode well for any long term future for the club.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

The team we played on Sat are the epitome of new ownership and new managers don't always equal success. In June 2023, Eastbourne underwent a takeover and the new owner took the club full-time and has invested huge sums. In the space of 6 months he has sacked two managers and is on his third having outbid a League 1 outfit for his services. The outcome of this radical change is the team hold a position in the relegation zone.

Moral of the story is 'be careful what you wish for'.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Interesting conversation and anything to take us away from yesterdays dismal offering which if nothing else will take several hundred of the next home game. Osborne as a chairman, better than some, not as good as others, as someone has already commented the eastbourne owner changes managers on a whim, because he can.There is a very honest article on the web from the Taunton chairman/owner who states survivial as a club is more inportant than staying in the league undoubtedly why they have unloaded several high earners.
Johnson's post match yesterday said he would see the job out, not sure what that means, is it until his contract expires or he has achieved promotion, lets home its the former becuase we do not want to be saddled with him for another season.
What ever the thoughts of other posters there can be no doubt than Johnson calls all the shots with on field activiity, the signings, the system of play, the backroom staff etc, He doesnt phone the owner each week and say I am playing four at the back today, or I am going to play two partially fit players because I do not have a choice, I think as we are aware from Osbornes comments on his football knowledge that would be a waste of both of their time. So lets be clear our position in this regional league, the players we have, and those that are injured because in the main they should not have been signed is totally on Johnson.
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

Johnson saying that he will 'see the job out' must be the most dispiriting four words that anyone has so far uttered in 2024.

In any other walk of life, someone proving as incompetent as Johnson would have been handed their P45 a long time ago.
Hornblower
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Hornblower »

Regarding the 2 pound surcharge on match day. I didn't think I would be able to go today so didn't buy any tickets online (which I constantly have trouble managing), Turned out both my boy and I could have gone but I cannot justify paying an extra 4 pounds. So with add ons that's 30 pounds the club have lost. I can understand it if we were close to selling out each game but that's hardly likely,
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

JimNichol'sdog wrote: 07 Jan 2024, 14:24 Johnson saying that he will 'see the job out' must be the most dispiriting four words that anyone has so far uttered in 2024.
Last year Johnson said he wanted to emulate the likes of Neil Warnock and Roy Hodgson and carry on into his 70s. Now that IS dispiriting.
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Colorado »

So what is Edward’s role in all this
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Colorado »

So what is Edward’s role in all this.

And if Gary Johnson goes somewhere else and does well….good for him. I doubt many of us are that vengeful and hateful we’d not want that for him. It’s just it’s not working out at TUFC. It happens in sports.