Torquay United v Eastborough Sat 6 January 3 pm KO

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Vick wrote: 07 Jan 2024, 01:11 I've often wondered about clubs that have many injured players who are out for a long time. Are the players all really so injured they can't play or is it that they don't want to play for their manager and an "injury" is a good excuse not to play for him?

I am talking generally here and not just about the players at TQ1.
Looking at Brentford and Newcastle, their injury lists have been horrendous this season; Thomas Frank and Eddie Howe are both highly respected managers so I wouldn't imagine the injuries are an excuse.
In my opinion, the majority of professional players, no matter what League they play in, would find a long term injury frustrating and would want to return as soon as possible.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Be interesting to hear from people directly in line but as you say did look well offside not even close from the highlights
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Skillsy »

I’ve just had a very close look at the highlights and I think the pictures are inconclusive. As the moment the midfield player floats it forward the player who scored is not in the picture, he appears when the ball is in the air so he may have been onside at the point of contact. I cannot be certain.
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

I was sat in the bench. Stevie Wonder could have seen it was offside.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Taelee73 »

I was sat in the Bench, similar positioning to the view Johnson has, Ollie Tomlinson was definitely behind the rest of the defense and we thought he'd played him onside.
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Minneapolisgull wrote: 06 Jan 2024, 19:09 How many were there?
i will ask again! DOES ANYONE KNOW YESTERDAY ATTENDANCE?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Minneapolisgull wrote: 07 Jan 2024, 15:14 i will ask again! DOES ANYONE KNOW YESTERDAY ATTENDANCE?
2061 (14)away
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

As said, wasn't at the game, not watched the video back either because you don't always get the best angle.

Have seen still photos of the pass leading to Eastbourne second goal, the still photo of when the ball is played shows it was a real close, tight call, the Eastbourne lad could have been offside, he may not have been, what I do know, there is no point going on about it, these decisions even themselves out.

The bigger problem is reading reports of another poor performance, and it's our fault for not closing the game out.
Formerly known as forevertufc
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

You only have to look at the reaction of Moxey and Harris to see that they thought it was offside.

I know you will say well of course they did but I just wish the Ref had spoken to the Lino.
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Skillsy »

What would you expect the ref to say to the linesman??
The linesman obviously thought it was onside, the ref was nowhere near so couldn’t possibly have a different opinion.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Oh portugull stop making excuses - look at the still frames on twitter. When their player plays the pass the two players to the left of the scorer are both goalside of Harris and Moxey. Unfortunately Tomlinson a is yard behind both our defenders (playing their players onside)

The scorer isnt in that frame but he could easily have had a yard start due to Tomlinsons position - Its inconclusive but its alot closer than everyone is saying.

Its a massive flaw in Tomlinsons game - he seems to doze off during games and makes costly errors. If he had held his line with Moxey and Harris all three of their attackers would have been offside.
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

I haven't been to the last two home games, but I thought the HH game papered over the cracks for me, we've lost a heck of a lot to injury, that's really unfortunate and cannot be helped, never liked the lack of information coming out of the club regarding this... looking at the last 3 or 4 match- day squads we look very short on striking options and a bit lightweight all over the park this surely needs to be addressed asap, I read a fellow fan asking why or suggesting Asa Hall upfront, for me I'd play him at centre back, then with 10 to go, if needed throw him upfront at that point?, I do rate Archer but he needs help, it's a lot to ask of him to lead the line right now, right now promotion looks a long way off and maybe it'll take another season in this league before it happens.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Taelee73 »

Asa is what, 37? You'd want him playing in the middle against quicker players, then up front, against quicker/stronger players and for 90 minutes?!

A emergency forward if coming off the bench for the last 15 and that's it. A midfield player for 60 minutes at best.

No point in debating the goal any more, it's done and we drew the game. The camera angle means it's impossible to say either way. We deserved what we got.

Minniegoal, putting words in CAPITALS and demanding an answer would have definitely meant you'd have had no answer from me.

Manners cost nothing.
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

A couple of generic points:

More information emanates from North Korea than is released by Torquay United re just about anything - e.g. injuries, selection & potential recruitment.

Secondly, the Eastbourne goal was awarded and no amount of protest by players or supporters will have changed that fact.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

Brucie I do not have a twitter account and I have not seen the still frames.

I only saw the Highlights so I have to accept that what you say is correct.