Injuries.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

According to today's Herald Express, Lapslie and Ash are near to returning-if not on Saturday then for the Dover match.Jarvis has had a scan to assess his recovery;and whilst there's no official up-date it appears he will likely be ready for the busy February schedule of matches. We that in mind I doubt whether Johnson will bring another forward in but maybe concentrate his efforts elsewhere-maybe central defence; with Marshall doing okay at right-back(when he's not injured), but with only Thomas to cover for Tomlinson and Moxey.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I no longer think we can place any credence on what Johnson says, If he said it was raining, I,like many others would go out and check for ourselves, this weeks comment and tease that certain players may be back this weekend or next weekend or sometime soon has more to do with pre selling tickets, all the official website is full of is get your tickets now. I notice that in reviewing the injured players this week Johnson made no mention of the invisible man Dawson who lets remember should have been back in November, nearly three months on from that statement and eight months from when we signed him and we still await an appearance from the messiah. Injury prone would be an understatement, 2016/2017 season he had twelve months out with a serious injury and said he thought he would never play competitive football again, he was injured at gloucester in the early part of 2022/23 season so what made johnson other than past friendship give him a contract as opposed to pay as you play. Considering the risk with his injuries why did Johnson not wait until the outcome of the operation in June was known before committing the club to twelve months very good wages which he hasnt earnt a penny of, Am I alone in thinking there is something very fishy about this signing.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Injuries one of the reasons but not the whole story why this hasn't been the season we hoped for. Another season I can't wait to see the back of, there's always fresh hope with a new season even if it is the same manager. Perhaps he'll have one of his successful seasons (he said , clutching at straws ) and not sign a load of crocks. By the time we play again in the league we could well be 8 points adrift of 3rd place, games in hand are not points on the board. If we don't finish 2nd or 3rd we have no chance of winning 3 away games.
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

something is wrong, whether that the training, training pitch, signing injury prone players!!

you don't see part time teams with these amount of injuries and this is every season!! what is going on
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

aggrey_25 wrote: 09 Jan 2024, 15:02 so we are now 9 days into Jan, plus the week we had off due to Truro game being off and still NO signings!! what is going on
The answer to this seems fairly straightforward. We probably won't being anybody in until after the league transfer window closes. League clubs have until then to find a loan at another league club. So somebody like Fleetwood, in League 1; they're probably going to see if they can send somebody on the fringes of their squad to a team in League 2. If the window closes and they can't do that, then they'll starting for a club lower down, outside of the transfer window.

It also means that the management have an additional 3 weeks or so to say they're "waiting for some injuries to clear up", of course
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

If I've listerned correctly to Johnsons interview, then he's confirming what that has been mentioned here recently, it should be Lapslie and Ash back for the next home match. They seemed to have the least serious injuries of the lot.
That should mean hopefully Jarvis and Stobbs back for the match on the 27th ? Gj has said 7 or 8 should also be back by then, so Dawson, Hanson also?

If he's to be believed and no one breaks down before or during those matches, then in a fortnight we are expecting a fully fit squad. Would help partially explain the lack of loans, he is making do and mending until the end of the month.

If it's all true, I feel better about our chances on moving up the table.
Stoneybroke
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stoneybroke »

Probably like a lot of you I have just seen the latest " hot news" from Johnson as to the injury situation.

He says he expects some of the walking wounded to be back in 2 maybe 3 even 4 weeks time. He, above all must know that if and when these bodies return they will still be rehabilitating, ie Probably only able to play for say 60 minutes at best . It's going to be several weeks before they all return,and fully fit.

By which time February will have gone and we'll be well into March, If and big if we haven't won many games by then, all hopes of getting into the play offs will have disappeared.

Still as Edwards keeps telling us....He's the best man for the job!!

Really !!!
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Wolborough »

Johnson is dangling the carrot of players expected back from injury in 2-4 weeks simply to avoid making any further (?unaffordable) signings. The problem is that injured players may not necessarily be fully fit when returning to the squad and of course there is the distinct possibility of new injuries occurring amongst the squad. We are simply not prepared to meet a promotion challenge without a decent sized squad that has a range of player options. We will perhaps, be fortunate to finish above mid-table.
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

The problem is it is a rolling 2 weeks.
WainwrightGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by WainwrightGull »

Wolborough wrote: 12 Jan 2024, 10:44 Johnson is dangling the carrot of players expected back from injury in 2-4 weeks simply to avoid making any further (?unaffordable) signings. The problem is that injured players may not necessarily be fully fit when returning to the squad and of course there is the distinct possibility of new injuries occurring amongst the squad. We are simply not prepared to meet a promotion challenge without a decent sized squad that has a range of player options. We will perhaps, be fortunate to finish above mid-table.
Totally agree, this group are not capable of a promotion challenge. They are a soft bunch , mixed up of losers and crocks . The TorquayTalk boys summed it up perfectly in the latest show for anybody who has not watched.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Taelee73 wrote: 12 Jan 2024, 07:57 That should mean hopefully Jarvis and Stobbs back for the match on the 27th ? Gj has said 7 or 8 should also be back by then, so Dawson, Hanson also?
I have a sneaking feeling that we wont see Dawson this season. The silence on his injury and return has been deafening.
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by torregull »

None in,but one out-Dylan Crowe to King's Lynn permanent transfer.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Considering our injury crisis why have we let crowe go, I appreciate he hasnt featured much but he can do a job from the bench , dont mind players moving on but lets get somein first.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

To think that Ipswich Town turned down a £300,000 bid from Huddersfield for Crowe when he was 18 with the Tractor Boys holding out for a £500,000 compensation fee. Even Manchester United, Arsenal and Celtic all showed interest in him. He was even in England's under-18 setup having represented England at every level up from under-15s. And yet we couldn't even get him to carry a tune in a bucket. Still at least we still have Dawson to fall back on.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Another player who despite his undoubted talent and potential didn't have the heart, desire and mental strength to fulfil it . Still - good move for him back nearer his home I presume,
hope he is happy, that's the main thing.