Torquay United v Truro City, Boxing Day 3pm.

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Gull1899
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Gull1899 »

This is embarrassing and in front of a big crowd too. Something needs to change
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

At the beginning of this season that result would have been unimaginable. No excuses we aren't going up this season.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Pathetic - Johnson should go.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Awful. McGavin the only bright spark. Credit to Truro, they bullied us all over the park and executed their game plan well. We will not win another game of football with such a featherweight attack. How far we have fallen for us to feel that Marshall will be our best hope for a goal if played as a number 9 on Saturday.
The gulls are going up
WainwrightGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by WainwrightGull »

Gull1899 wrote: 26 Dec 2023, 17:12 This is embarrassing and in front of a big crowd too. Something needs to change
Been saying this all season...nothing will change sadly.
We are not good enough with this bunch of lightweights
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

We didn’t get our game going today
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Peter Coffill

Post by Colorado »

God bless you all you hard core fans who continue to believe in Osborne, Johnson, and Edwards.
I know todays' result sucks but it's just one and the playoffs look like a real probability.
I wish you all a blessed and prosperous 2024.
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

To many fans posting leading up to this game that we'd win, not only that -win big...I knew it wasn't going to be a stroll in the park at all, Truro are no mugs, not one bit, some quality players, with a quality manager, I said 2-2 I should of had the courage of my convictions and predicted an away win, I was at the HH game last week and our win for me papered over the cracks. .I still think we'll be top 7, but what does that really means if ultimately we won't be promoted?, there's no point to being in the play offs just to make the numbers up, that's how I feel or fear will happen esp if we scrape 6th or 7th, getting out of this division will become a colossal challenge...
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

Loads of shouting at the players come the end of the game. Marshall reacted and had to be pulled away by Downes. Sad because I really don't think it is lack of effort. I honestly think that they try but are just not good enough. Truro won this game at a canter. We put no pressure on thir goal and never looked like scoring. My boy got the Andy Riddle '50 Best Torquay Players' for Xmas, none of this squad will ever get anywhere near that book. Pretty gutted a great attendance had to witness how far we have fallen.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Dave wrote: 26 Dec 2023, 12:48

So folks, the warning is right here again, isn't it, if we've not prepared right, if the performance level isn't correct today, Truro are more than capable of taking a point, even the win.

Sad thing is, this paragraph has become all to obvious now.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

No PL movement after todays game.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

It would appear that the few that are posting “GJ out” are not understanding that most of our first team are injured (for whatever reason) the people in charge have plausibly explained the current situation and in fairness GJ stated that we are not in a position to have 50 signings ready to take up the slack. What don’t you understand about that?
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

What was the. Attendance?
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Possibly the worst game I have seen at plainmoor for many a long season, and there has been many candidates for that honour, not sure what our tacitics were if we had any but it didnt work on any level. two midgets up front in williams and archer who in the first half looked like they should have been in the under 15's squad up against seasoned defenders who besides totally bullying them allowed the truro defence the easiest 45 of their season. Foyo the only one who had some size and muscle played a lonely role out of the the right wing when he should have been in the middle, he quickly lost interest and was rightly subbed after 35, craske and mcgavin are good midfielders for this league but neither had their game on today but I do not blame them too much, certainly in the first half the majority of the team were auditioning for places on the static tableau for the local carnival.
Why we never signed Law I will never know, he had a really good game but there again he would not have settled into our injury prone set up, he has only missed one game all season.
How many games now since we kept a clean sheet, and that is supposedly with our best back four.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

GULL 67 wrote: 26 Dec 2023, 18:10 Loads of shouting at the players come the end of the game. Marshall reacted and had to be pulled away by Downes. Sad because I really don't think it is lack of effort. I honestly think that they try but are just not good enough. Truro won this game at a canter. We put no pressure on thir goal and never looked like scoring. My boy got the Andy Riddle '50 Best Torquay Players' for Xmas, none of this squad will ever get anywhere near that book. Pretty gutted a great attendance had to witness how far we have fallen.
I didn’t last til the whistle, but Marshall is an absolute dickhead.