Online Fans Forum

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

WainwrightGull wrote: 20 Dec 2023, 09:11 The complete lack of comments from supporters really sums up all you need to know.
Don't think we should be overly concerned by this, for my part with heavy work commitments and so close to Christmas haven't as yet had a chance to watch the whole video and wouldn't pass comment until I have. I know there will be many others in the same boat as me.

I'd more be concerned about some comments on the yellow army FB group, we seem still to have a fair percentage of fans, so easily convinced.
Formerly known as forevertufc
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

The Eternal Optimist wrote: 20 Dec 2023, 17:36 If the club leaves Torquay it will be diminished. If it leaves Torbay it will be finished. Yes the club may make more money, with all the promised avenues of revenue that will be available, it may even be sustainable, but the football side will be the poorer for it. Torquay United will not be the main revenue interest. Support will be much lower than today. Clearly, there is not a suitable site in Torquay, and I can't think of anywhere in Torbay. Perhaps one place is the old gasworks site on the Paignton / Torquay border? That seems to have been given up by the current developer. Chaos though, getting there, and nowhere to park. Plainmoor is a good stadium for us. It will be hard to create a better one. It is in a good location easy to get to, plenty of on road parking. You won't find better anywhere in Torquay, let alone Torbay. I don't look forward to any move away from Plainmoor.
Would agree with your assertion that the club would be finished if it left the area; even moving to somewhere like Seale Hayne isn’t that different to franchising.

Clarke Osborne almost inadvertently gave his game away during the forum. He repeatedly mentioned getting involved with clubs “when they were on their knees”. He’s an opportunist, seeking to take advantage of an organisation’s misfortune, mismanagement or sheer bad luck to further his own nefarious agenda which is property. He pays no regard to the history, the heritage and emotional meaning attached to a sports venue. He was involved with his own “beloved” (yea, sure they are, Clarke) Bristol Rovers being kicked out of Eastville so he won’t shed any tears if ever TUFC left the only stadium any of us known them play in.

Football clubs need to be protected from people like Clarke Osborne and George Edwards, who think they can waltz in and decide that they think they know what’s best for a community’s football club that they themselves have absolutely no link to.

And how Clarke bristled when it was suggested TUFC was badly run!

Torquay United is appallingly run!

It wouldn’t be in the NLS for a start if it was being run well. Well-run professional football clubs don’t drop into regional football twice in 5 years. “Catch yerself on, Clarke!”

Blimey, even under Lew Pope we managed to stay in the EFL, nearly get promoted to what’s now League 1 and reached Wembley and yet George Edwards sits arrogantly saying we were a refereeing decision from getting back into the EFL, as though he has some modern-day footballing Midas touch.

For them it’s a game. It’s about winning and victory for them will be when Plainmoor is flattened and crumby housing is built on it and we are playing in some tinpot ground, probably in somewhere like Bovey Tracey. Anyone who believes a word they spouted in that video needs some help!
Wubble U
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Sills
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Wubble U »

One of the biggest frustrations for me with a lot of these fans forum Q&A events, is that the questions posed are always too long-winded as to allow the board member eventually just a general topic to talk about from whatever perspective they prefer, rather than answering the real question.

A good example was one of the questions started "will the club confirm if the playing budget was reduced this season".
I was eagerly anticipating an answer to a poignant question that we all are interested to learn.

Instead the question waffled on about the necessity for being competitive, everyone knows funds are tight, the damage of not being promoted, blah blah blah.
In the end Gary had a "topic" to discuss where he could mention all the positives people want to hear, rather than a direct answer to a direct question.

As such we are none the wiser about any reduction in the playing budget.

Too many of these long winded questions, make what would be a very informative forum, instead become a marketing exercise for the board members to deliver their rosy sound bytes and push their own agenda.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 19 Dec 2023, 17:37 Nearly an hour worth of questions

2 months on. This aged well.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest