Torquay United v Hemel Hempstead Sat 16 Dec 3PM KO

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Hornblower
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Hornblower »

Donnellan is off to Livingston in January
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by Midlandgull »

Hornblower wrote: 16 Dec 2023, 23:51 Donnellan is off to Livingston in January
Surely they will have to pay us a fee with him being under contract?
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Skillsy »

The team, that nearly kept us up last season..........

Halstead

Lawrence
Donnellan
Moxey

Lapslie
Dawson
Stobbs
Hall
Collins

Nouble
Jarvis

For various reasons, eight of that team were not available today. Despite this, GJ has got us 2nd place, halfway through the season. The gap to Yeovil has reduced from 14 points to 7 points in a very short time.

It really does drive me mad........if we win nobody says a thing about his future, if we lose certain people, on here, want him gone. I fully accept that anything other than promotion this season is unacceptable, but we're not doing badly as it stands.
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Skillsy »

The team, that nearly kept us up last season..........

Halstead

Lawrence
Donnellan
Moxey

Lapslie
Dawson
Stobbs
Hall
Collins

Nouble
Jarvis

For various reasons, eight of that team were not available today. Despite this, GJ has got us 2nd place, halfway through the season. The gap to Yeovil has reduced from 14 points to 7 points in a very short time.

It really does drive me mad........if we win nobody says a thing about his future, if we lose certain people, on here, want him gone. I fully accept that anything other than promotion this season is unacceptable, but we're not doing badly as it stands.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I'm glad someone else is saying it as well. It's a common theme this season that a loss is followed by vile and vitriolic comments aimed at the manager but nothing when we win. I'm sure the next defeat will see Dutchgull back on here spitting fury.....

Supposedly in a relegation battle in November to sat nicely in 2nd before Xmas. Will the moaners ever have anything positive to say? Probably not!!
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by Midlandgull »

I supported Gary for a long time but thought it was time for a change fairly recently given the relegation, being sat mid table in NLS and how the relationship seemed to go sour on both sides.

I have to say though the resillience show from Gary, the team and the recent results have to be applauded. Long may it continue!!
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Can't imagine Celtic and Rangers will lose any sleep over the prospect of facing Donnelan in Livingstons defence.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

We all see it differently fair enough but I couldn't see any evident fatigue in Hemel in the second half ?
People keep saying this about the opposition teams but in most cases they look as fit as us.
Felt sorry for Williams, playing on his own in a 4-1-4-1 I thought he absolutely ran his socks off
and that was his most commited performance.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

desperado wrote: 17 Dec 2023, 07:49 Can't imagine Celtic and Rangers will lose any sleep over the prospect of facing Donnelan in Livingstons defence.
:lol:
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 17 Dec 2023, 02:46 I'm glad someone else is saying it as well. It's a common theme this season that a loss is followed by vile and vitriolic comments aimed at the manager but nothing when we win. I'm sure the next defeat will see Dutchgull back on here spitting fury.....

Supposedly in a relegation battle in November to sat nicely in 2nd before Xmas. Will the moaners ever have anything positive to say? Probably not!!

Ok SG I will bite and I will spit fury even if we win because your favourite little man got us into this shithole of PART TIME teams in the bloody first place FACT.

Limited budget ( ? ) so obviously WASTE a big chunk of it on one of his old buddies who he knew needed an op but rather than say come back and prove you are fit then I will think about signing you. No I will give you a nice big earner for contributing nothing for months.

The coward runs away away from the media when we lose and sends his Aussie puppet out instead.

He has a go at the the fans who are frankly bloody amazing home and away by saying they are not the right "type" !!!

Gives a three year contract to a player because he knows his Dad and who has taken half of that contract to show he maybe of some use.

Gives contracts to players who spend more time on the treatment table than they do on the pitch with injuries NOT always caused by the opposition !

Gives his brother a job who is seen more often on the Plainmoor bench rather than watching potential signings or spying on future opposition !

He has been a manager with thirty years experience yet his only contact in the game seems to be his son !!

If the man had any decency and honour he should have apologised at the end of last season for the clubs relegation and resigned.

The ONLY thing that will possibly redeem him is promotion at the end of this season and then his resignation so he can take his pension.

Unfortunately that wont happen as he is connected to CO is some sort of deal as why else has he not been sacked before now ?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Not a single 'FACT' in your whole post. Amazing!!
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 17 Dec 2023, 14:21 Not a single 'FACT' in your whole post. Amazing!!
Every point in Dutchgulls post is well known fact.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Skillsy wrote: 17 Dec 2023, 01:01 It really does drive me mad........if we win nobody says a thing about his future,
"The Future is Bright - The Future is Gary"
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Skillsy can I point out that 6 of the 11 you named were not available for selection not 8.

Maybe you are counting in your 8 Lawrence whose loan ended at the end of Last Season and Frank Nouble who signed for Yeovil.

The key stat is 5 quality players are injured and long term in the case of Dawson, Jarvis and possibly Stobbs. Hall and Lapslie are injury prone but none the less important players.

In the circumstances I agree with you 100% it is a miracle we are 2nd after 22 games.

The team sured fantastic spirit yesterday to overcome a bad start to the game.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Dutchgull and SG all this is negative , neither of you have shown any indication that your entrenched positions will change, Johnson is here and staying regardless of what any of us think so any vitriol against the man is wasted energy, should he get an easy ride for bringing us to this league, definetely not,others will make excuses on his behalf and only outright promotion will redeem him in many eyes. certainly over the last two seasons he has lost any edge he once had, there have been big mistakes and wasted opportunities with signings and his lack of candour on anything naturally alienates the fans. Yesterday we could easily have come out of that match 4-2 losers with a very weakened side so logic dictates that when the first team are back, if that ever happens we should be a far better proposition.