Eastbourne Borough v Torquay United, Tues 28th Nov, 7:45pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes thats shut everyone up.

We've beaten the worst team I have ever seen who played most of the game with 10 men. After the penalty they should have equalised. Its a good woin I accept that in the cicumstances but blimey they were rubbish.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

E/B had plenty of spirit but you're right they were rubbish. In my opinion so is every team in this league aside from Yeovil so I find it hard to fathom how we have lost eight games - the same as Truro except they sit in the relegation zone whilst we are the play-offs. The difference today was I cannot remember seeing one hoof-ball for the 90mins, everything was to feet and E/B could not cope with it.
AdrianC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Myers
Watches from: Pop side

Post by AdrianC »

Will Gary (the management team) take it on board finally, passing a ball with our team works, hoof ball doesn’t, noted the strength of the opposition to be taken in to account.

Pass the ball with intent and play for each other then we are good enough in NLS, however back off and pay the price. Once Jarvis is fit, yes okay to his strengths, but that doesn’t mean back to hoofing it up to him!

3 points job done, next game!
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Southampton Gull wrote: 28 Nov 2023, 21:48 Well that's answered a few people the right way. Back in the play off positions 👍
6th place, and 11pts off the top, still massively underachieving

A good win tonight but it means nothing if we can't follow it up Saturday

10Wins and 8defeats highlight this is a jekyll and hyde team, if GJ finds some consistency we might have a chance of 2nd

Whether he can do that remains to be seen
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

With a few players back from injury it appears we're not as useless as some more impatient fans would suggest. Everyone I've spoken to were impressed with the quality on show from us, that'll do for me all things considered.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Well, they played a lot better than last Saturday. Can only hope the form continues and Tonbridge are outplayed this coming weekend. There needs to be consistency of decent performances not dross. There is still a long way to go for there to be a creditable challenge for a promotion spot.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Only Yeovil have won more games than us, but only 4 have lost more!!! Crazy league.
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

Southampton Gull wrote: 29 Nov 2023, 06:36 With a few players back from injury it appears we're not as useless as some more impatient fans would suggest. Everyone I've spoken to were impressed with the quality on show from us, that'll do for me all things considered.
Impatient?! We are approaching the halfway point of the season and are 10 points off the top, how much longer do you want to give them to find a patch of consistent form?
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

That's the standard required of passing and intensity but it's got to be every single game.
4 quality strikes . Two wins now v Tonbridge and Weymouth are a must
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

What was the new defender Archie like? I couldn’t watch the game unfortunately, but thought he looked decent in his first sub appearance the other week
Stoneybroke
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stoneybroke »

Saw results late on ITV Westcountry last night
Argyle lost Exeter drew and according to caption on screen .......
Eastbourne 4 Torquay 1...Torquay don't normally get mentioned and if that's the sort of reporting they come up with ...perhaps they shouldn't bother with Torquay!!!
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Stoneybroke wrote: 29 Nov 2023, 09:01 Saw results late on ITV Westcountry last night
Argyle lost Exeter drew and according to caption on screen .......
Eastbourne 4 Torquay 1...Torquay don't normally get mentioned and if that's the sort of reporting they come up with ...perhaps they shouldn't bother with Torquay!!!
Saw that as well ...bunch of jokers !!
Jackom
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jackom »

It is offensive to deride shorter people as midgets. Please retract.
Jackom
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jackom »

It is offensive to us short people to use the term midget. Please apologise.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

gullsgullsgulls wrote: 29 Nov 2023, 07:27 Impatient?! We are approaching the halfway point of the season and are 10 points off the top, how much longer do you want to give them to find a patch of consistent form?
The ONLY thing that matters this season is promotion. Nobody gets promoted in November but to some it seems we're already doomed to failure. Patience is seeing how we perform when we can put out our best side, last night was pretty close.....
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com