Dartford v Torquay United, 25th Nov 2023, 3pm

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

On X they've updated to say it's Lovett in goal not Halstead

Best bench in months
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Watched Dartfords game on Tuesday night. They were awful. With a stronger bench you would have to fancy us today.
Hereford Gull66
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by Hereford Gull66 »

Keepers switched, Halstead unwell.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Already 2-0 down

Both Dartford scorers are recent acquisitions

BBC Radio Devon highlighting that we are still toothless in attack
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

3-0 disgraceful
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Dave wrote: 25 Nov 2023, 10:50

Only concerns here, we all know Dowson as said before, we know he has a history of producing big physical, street wise in your face teams, we know he's route one with a capital R , and over the years we've not always coped well against these types of teams , with Dowson getting the better of GJ many times in the past in his Woking days

Dartford 1 v 2 TUFC
I seriously did fancy us here, even I didn't expect the slight concerns I to bite us like this.
Formerly known as forevertufc
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Dave wrote: 25 Nov 2023, 15:53 I seriously did fancy us here, even I didn't expect the slight concerns I to bite us like this.
Agreed

We never do well against physical sides and would have been satisified with a point but this is just hopeless

Interesting to hear a supporter shouting at Johnson and Downes on the radio broadcast at 3-0 asking "what have we been doing all week"

Can't argue with that!
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 25 Nov 2023, 16:05 Agreed

We never do well against physical sides and would have been satisified with a point but this is just hopeless

Interesting to hear a supporter shouting at Johnson and Downes on the radio broadcast at 3-0 asking "what have we been doing all week"

Can't argue with that!
According to Johnson "they trained well all week" !!!!!
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Gloomy Gull wrote: 25 Nov 2023, 16:08 According to Johnson "we know what we are up against" and "they trained well all week" !!!!!
Gull1899
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Gull1899 »

Our away form is so bad I think it'll cost us even a play off spot, it’s simply not good enough. I’ve not been exactly pro Johnson but wasn’t totally wanting him to go, but it’s becoming untenable- We should be top 2 minimum and we’re nowhere near. He has to go before play offs are out of reach
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

Gull1899 wrote: 25 Nov 2023, 16:14 Our away form is so bad I think it'll cost us even a play off spot, it’s simply not good enough. I’ve not been exactly pro Johnson but wasn’t totally wanting him to go, but it’s becoming untenable- We should be top 2 minimum and we’re nowhere near. He has to go before play offs are out of reach
He should have gone this time last year. This result won't make any difference, he appears untouchable and we are suffering because of it. We're stuck with him.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Disgraceful.

He's picked a team including Crowe and Da Silva and left out Collins and Stobbs whoi have been regulars.

We are supposed to have players returning from injury but the staring 11 looked weaker than ever. You have to ask the question - What is the manager doing?
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

What a f**king disgrace, now I know Johnson should be gone TONIGHT.

Damage limitation for the second half.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Poor away form = lack of balls
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

kevgull wrote: 25 Nov 2023, 16:27 Poor away form = lack of balls
Yep. So far we have lost at Aveley, Hemel, Weston, Hampstead and now Dartford. Drink that in. If we are to have any chance of going up, these games have to return points. We are nowhere near good enough.