TUFC V Yeovil (FA Trophy) - 18th Nov 3pm

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 18 Nov 2023, 15:00 Bring in a left sided defender

Put them on the bench

Play RB Crowe as a LB

GJ masterclass
More masterclasses plz! :-P
Gull in black
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gull in black »

Great to get a win. Enjoyable game - I hadn’t planned to go but changed my mind at lunchtime, glad I did.

Some good performances from our players.

Dreadful Ref.

Game changed when Nouble came off the bench but we held on for the win.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

madgull wrote: 18 Nov 2023, 16:58 More masterclasses plz! :-P
Don't you just love irony 😉
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

That was a terribly officiated game of football, Yeovil getting what wasn't a free kick to apply the pressure in added time

we deserevely hung on, just important to win and hopefully take it forward to next Saturday

Dolan is quality - extension to his loan to the end of the season would be massive
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Just back from Plainmoor. Very enjoyable Match which was lit up early on by a lovely goal from Dillon De Silva after just 2 minutes.
I admit to being a De Silva fan and his goal was so well taken and the placement of his left footed shot was perfect. His target was just 2 yards wide inside the left hand post and Dillon executed the shot superbly. Dolan found De Silva with an exceptional pass.
We were much quicker to the ball today and given Yeovil were 14 games unbeaten I would say this was our best performance at Plainmoor this season. We looked much more like a team, better shape and to a man everyone played for the team and quite honestly we deserved to win.
The goal from Callum Dolan in the 49th minute was brilliant sending his shot from 20 yards right into the corner of the net and giving their keeper no chance. Great play Callum worthy MOTM.
To all the doubters out there I can safely say that when Lapslie, Dawson, Halstead and Jarvis are all fit we are going to be very hard to beat. Keep the faith. COYY
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

portugull wrote: 18 Nov 2023, 18:31 I can safely say that when Lapslie, Dawson, Halstead and Jarvis are all fit we are going to be very hard to beat. Keep the faith. COYY
We weren't very hard to beat when they played and would suggest they may have to fight for the places if the players out there today consistently perform to that standard in the coming weeks..
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

Mellow Yellow can I just say, Dawson is yet to play this season, Halstead has kept us in the top half of the Table with his heroics, Jarvis will play when fit because he is the only striker of his type we have and Tom Lapslie when fit is not going to be warming the bench IMHO.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Shame we didn't play like that in the league match. I know a few players were different but unlike 10 days ago we were really at it , up for it and we were getting tackles in - even McGavin
Dolan is way above this level, quality passing at times and does he get stuck in and so refreshing to him shoot when he gets the chance.
Get Lapslie back and with him and Dolan in the middle, opposition teams wouldn't get their own way in midfield like they have so far.
I liked the look of the back 4 , Tomlinson continues to improve with every game, Moxey looks happier alongside him and I thought Crowe had a very good match. Donnellan kept up his excellent form of late.Ash and Williams ran their socks off. De Silva looked like he is returning to form and took his goal really well.
The ref did his best to get Yeovil the advantage - shocking performance. You don't notice the best referees but you certainly noticed him.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

We beat the side bottom of the sixth tier and a weakened Yeovil at home in the Trophy, it’s a good result and we’re all happy but I wouldn’t get carried away!
Yeofan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yeofan »

Admiral wrote: 18 Nov 2023, 20:34 We beat the side bottom of the sixth tier and a weakened Yeovil at home in the Trophy, it’s a good result and we’re all happy but I wouldn’t get carried away!
7 changes from our last game, virtual whole defence changed. I’m delighted to see you picking up a bit, and hopefully you’ll have a lovely long run in the Trophy, and a decent fixture pile up 😀 .
Seriously we both should not be in this hell hole and look forward to playing you in the National next season.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

This was a totally different performance from the one v Havant.
No it wasn't Yeovils first choice line up but 3 or 4 of the players that came in were still very decent, Maguire Drew, Staunton. Jake Hyde.
Their two on form midfielders Jordan Young and Lo Everton were simply not allowed to run riot as they did in the first match.
For those who didn't go and I nearly didn't this was a fantastic game, full blooded, feisty and very enjoyable, and we played very well, but will they turn up in this mood at Dartford ? Its Johnsons job to make sure they do !
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Does anyone knows today attendance?
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Minneapolisgull wrote: 18 Nov 2023, 22:08 Does anyone knows today attendance?
1740. It did not look that many but best we have played all season, even if Yeovil had their best players on the bench and were only a threat when they came on.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Louis »

⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid

Post by Brewers boy »

Considering that it was the International break and all premiership and championship along with most of league one games were postponed, was that the best referee that could be appointed for what was probably the most high profile match in the FA trophy, top v fifth and a local derby? That was one of the most dismal one sided performances I've ever seen from an official. I only hope that there was an assessor in the stand to witness how bad he was.