Positive Thoughts only!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
rivieratouch
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by rivieratouch »

Halstead still out as the concussion protocols had to be restarted due to his lack of progress. No news on Lovett, so it might be young Filip in nets at the weekend
TorquayUntied
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by TorquayUntied »

Skillsy wrote: 15 Nov 2023, 17:02 Dan Martin has had an injection to cure a hamstring problem, hopefully back in a week or so.

Tom Lapslie also has a hamstring problem and likely to be another 2/3 weeks. He has fully recovered from the gash on his leg.

Yeovil are far and away the best team in this league and play to a plan, week in week out. I doubt it will happen but I wouldn't be astonished if they win every league game for the rest of the season. The other teams in the play off positions are nothing special and I believe we are more than capable of finishing second, if we can field our strongest eleven.

My team, if everyone was fit (and not including loans as they are only short term) would be.......

Halstead

Donnellan...Tomlinson...Moxey...Martin

Stobbs...Lapslie...Dawson...Collins

Jarvis...Hall

I still think we need a bruising centre half, the number six who played for Hemel is exactly what we need and I would go all out to get him if available.
I would play Asa every minute he is fit and available. He is a class act. I would play him as a target man with Jarvis running in behind. Jarvis was a better player last season in that role, Asa is good in the air and links the play better.

In conclusion, I think we are a better team than performances suggest. In particular, Collins has flattered to deceive, Dawson absent, Martin still feeling his way back and Ash underperforming (but I think it's a matter of time before he comes good).
A part time player living and working in London.

Is going.to give up his life and job for a few.months earning.less money as a.pro footballer in the 6th tier.

Ok
Vick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Vick »

^ Mark Cooper wants to keep the winning streak going so will surely field a competetive but slightly different team. Maguire Drew and Charlie Cooper should get minutes, the new loanee defender should get minutes, maybe Bell again too. Whittle should be back, Wannel rested perhaps, Dawes back on the flanks, Hyde starting up front with Cox.

For my positive thought, the Yeovil changes could cause less cohesion in the Yeovil side, helping Torquay a bit.