Positive Thoughts only!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I'd agree with you to a certain extent - barracking the players is counter productive, however I think the manager deserves all the abuse he gets.

To me its pointless saying we will win the next game. With our injuries. Mcgavin is suspended, we look weaker than ever.

They have Saal and Seager up front who trust me are way better than we can put out in the striking department, and we all know that we are even worse on plastic pitches.

One point out of 18 for the home team but theres every chance we will lose this as well.
AdrianC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Myers
Watches from: Pop side

Post by AdrianC »

We all want to cheer the team on but it will get harder and harder as the poor results mount up! I don’t have an issue if the players we have aren’t exactly out of the top drawer either, we’ve had some fairly ordinary ones over the years! But, it’s what appears to be a lack of effort that gripes! Is this an indication that GJ hasn’t just lost elements of the crowd but at least some of the players too?

A comment above mentions the players responding to someone else shouting at them.... may be another manager wouldn’t be one of the shouting variety?
Owlgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Owlgull »

(There is a post elsewhere concerning Marshall indicating to the dugout that he was unable to run due to his injury. Johnson then left him on. When Marshall came off he apologised to the manager for being able to stay on, went to shake Johnsons hand and he was completely blanked by the little twerp.)

Just to clarify, I was just behind the dugout and Marshall was asking for Deep Heat, not to come off. And I also saw Johnson acknowledge Marshall with a low hand tap when he came off. No problem with criticism, but preferably accurate criticism!
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

With Yeovil romping this league, now 13 points clear of us. we need to make a massive effort to finish preferably 2nd or 3rd ( could still get two home play off games finishing 3rd if 2nd team loses semi as Dartford did last season) Dont think we'll do it unless we strengthen defence and midfield and I don't mean young, inexperienced loanees.
Vick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Vick »

On the bright side; 17 games played, 26 still to play, 87 points available for the Gulls to win. That means a total of 115 points is possible by the end of the season and 115 points should be enough to win this league.

The power of positivity. COYY.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

29 to play Vick.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

With my "positive" head on, I predict a 2-1 victory this weekend. I fully expect Yeovil to rest several first choice players. On the other hand we have to play our new additions to cover for the "crocks".

The league reamains our priority but the tile is gone, so we are aiming for second spot.
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

any player rumours or is that too much to expect, surely we must be close to getting a forward!!
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

yeovil signed another loan
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by Midlandgull »

Current injuries:

Halstead (Can't be far off a return now?)
Lovett (Similar to Halstead shouldn't be out for too long?)
Dan Martin (how far off is Dan, not seen him for a while?)
Lapslie (wasn't it a gash on the leg, surely not too long?)
Marshall (could be back)
Jarvis (Xmas?)
Dolan (didn't feature v Havant, but hopefully available again)
Dawson (Xmas?)

If we can get all those back and keep everyone else fit, we have a good side for this level. I would like us to stop playing 4-4-2 though and get 3 in the middle of the park with a 4-5-1 / 4-3-3
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Lapslie is a Hamstring issue.
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Skillsy »

Dan Martin has had an injection to cure a hamstring problem, hopefully back in a week or so.

Tom Lapslie also has a hamstring problem and likely to be another 2/3 weeks. He has fully recovered from the gash on his leg.

Yeovil are far and away the best team in this league and play to a plan, week in week out. I doubt it will happen but I wouldn't be astonished if they win every league game for the rest of the season. The other teams in the play off positions are nothing special and I believe we are more than capable of finishing second, if we can field our strongest eleven.

My team, if everyone was fit (and not including loans as they are only short term) would be.......

Halstead

Donnellan...Tomlinson...Moxey...Martin

Stobbs...Lapslie...Dawson...Collins

Jarvis...Hall

I still think we need a bruising centre half, the number six who played for Hemel is exactly what we need and I would go all out to get him if available.
I would play Asa every minute he is fit and available. He is a class act. I would play him as a target man with Jarvis running in behind. Jarvis was a better player last season in that role, Asa is good in the air and links the play better.

In conclusion, I think we are a better team than performances suggest. In particular, Collins has flattered to deceive, Dawson absent, Martin still feeling his way back and Ash underperforming (but I think it's a matter of time before he comes good).
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

North Curry House wrote: 15 Nov 2023, 15:00 With my "positive" head on, I predict a 2-1 victory this weekend. I fully expect Yeovil to rest several first choice players. On the other hand we have to play our new additions to cover for the "crocks".

The league reamains our priority but the tile is gone, so we are aiming for second spot.
Yeovil don't have the largest of squads, so expect limited players rotation from them. On the other hand we have a cup tided player.
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

Lovin' Vicks post!
Nice!
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

North Curry House wrote: 15 Nov 2023, 15:00 On the other hand we have to play our new additions to cover for the "crocks".
Have to do without Ethon Archer, he's cup tied.