Club Statement - 08/11/2023

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Club Statement - 08/11/2023

Post by UnitedinDevon »

First piece of communication for a while

Should have been the sacking of GJ

Despite not attending the fans forum they clearly had someone reporting back

and from what ive read of those going this evening this is not what was said!

Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Incredible isn't it we often have to wait hours for a match report but within an hour of the TUST meeting ending the clubs puts out this incredibly misleading information on what was said. If only the club issued a statement about their real ambitions ( ?) for the club it would help us all. This "statement " answers nothing of the fans concerns of what is happening to our club.
Village Lad
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Village Lad »

I attended the meeting, albeit via Zoom. The whole meeting was recorded by TUST for this exact reason.
I can confirm that it is my understanding that what has been released within that club statement us absolutely false.
And if it were me named in that statement then I would be talking to my legal team as I type
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Statement is hogwash!
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

I’m not shocked at all. Anyone who thinks these owners are well intentioned is deluded. ‘We wouldn’t have a club without them’ is true, but we also won’t have a club or a stadium by the time they’re done.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

An official statement from a Club that is in slow decline.
Obviously written before the meeting and posted without due diligence.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

Incredible statement that completely misstates what was discussed. To name Nick as well, the most hesitant person in the room about the whole thing, is pathetic and vile.

Sadly, my conclusion is that a managed decline is absolutely what they want and indeed have been planning all along. As such, whatever we do will probably be futile and may even play into their hands but a quiet, friendly and passive approach is just never going to work with this lot.

I think we all knew in our hearts that a leopard doesn't change his spots and that CO's track record in sporting ownership was only likely to continue. Until now most have continued to support in hope. Following this statement few can be in any doubt that we are being played for fools by people solely interested in lining their own pockets.
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

Ps. Any true fans working inside the club must be doing a lot of soul searching right now, knowing they will be implicated when the cards do come crashing down. I feel sorry for them as so many will have seen it as a dream job to be helping their club. No doubt they'll all be heavily controlled and threatened with legal proceedings should they speak out too.

Hopefully a few may be able to stand up to the bullies though and help open up what is going on behind the scenes.
Mysonjackg
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Mysonjackg »

The statement from the "club" is entirely predictable and a sad indictment of the divide that has been created between the owner/CEO and the fans. I now believe this to be intentional in the pursuit of the long term goals of the owner. With no communication other than the ridiculous statement issued last night, supporters can only "speculate" on what these goals are.

I feel deeply sorry for Nick Broderick who is an entirley honourable man who on behalf of TUST has worked hard to engage with GE and has been treated disgracefully. For anyone who was at the meeting last night it was very clear he was very hesitant to advocate any form of action which could in any way be illegal or be seen as detrimental to the football club. The whole meeting was recorded so the evidence is there. All the "club" (I am hesitant to say "club", because it is not reflective of TUFC but certain individuals) have done is now advertised this to the wider fan base and by implication (judging by the comments on forums and Twitter) have managed to harness more support for a demonstration.

As supporters we are just calling for communication from the club's hierarchy. You can't expect in this day and age for everyone to just turn up on game day, pay their £20 not to be entertained and continue to do the same again week after week without voicing concern. You either dont turn up (is that what CO/GE want?) or you have to voice your dissatisfaction for what you have purchased.

Last time I looked, we lived in a democracy and being able to voice your disapproval in a law abiding way is not something that CO/GE can prevent us from doing. If the club had organised a fans forum and CO/GE had been man enough to front up to the fan base then this toxic position we now have would not have arisen. Every sensible football supporter understands that running a football club (especially at our level) is a costly exercise and any goodwill that may have still been assigned to CO for keeping the club afloat over the past 5/6 years has to my mind now been lost.

I just don't want my club to go the same way.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Perhaps now some people will understand why I don't blame Johnson in the same way they do. Is he blameless? No of course not but he isn't the one that should be the focus of anger from everyone.

I said from the beginning that they have only one aim and it will never be to our benefit. Since then I've just learned to be grateful for the odd moment of elation knowing what's just around the corner.

This kind of tactic is precisely what they do and have always done and it really shouldn't be much of a surprise.

Maybe for the time being we can support what we have and realise that craving change that will cost money just isn't going to happen.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Statement is beyond pathetic.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Before we let loose the dogs of war at who may have reported back to the club last night, it was a public forum with open zoom and a very active covering on the various forums , any of which could have been the source of the club information and response.
TUST concerns the club,it has no control over them , does it have a mole within, as a business you bet you would want one. knowledge being power. If the club can sow disharmony within that perceived wasps nest then they will use it to their benefit.
It is obvious the club were well prepared for whatever came out of last night having someone on standby well into the night with access to the club website to publish their reply to the meeting when as already mentioned you have to wait to wait hours for a post match interview to be published because the volunteers have gone home.
In hindsight those within the club should reflect carefully that their knee jerk response will not heal the growing polarisation between club and fans and a more measured response this morning would have been more worthy of the club.
WainwrightGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by WainwrightGull »

brucie wrote: 09 Nov 2023, 10:07 Statement is beyond pathetic.
Totally agree, I was in attendance at the Forum and one thing is for sure is this statement will not stop the protest.
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

George Edwards has been constantly trying to intimidate the TUST board members and to force them to stop raising concerns about how the club is run,for some time.When they were able to meet formally with Dom Mee, it was on the condition that certain board members didn't attend as they were perceived to be overly critical of the club on social media-though there was no evidence of the alleged criticisms.
TUST board members social media postings are monitored by the club( George Edwards confirmed this himself saying he know which names they post under). So the statement following the Forum is no surprise whatsoever-any dissent, criticism or sign of protest and the club hierarchy move to shut it down.
Steve_TUFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Steve_TUFC »

The fact the statement is so factually incorrect, especially regarding a so called directive from Nick Bordrick, suggests it was 2nd or 3rd hand information.

It really shows that GE is out of his depth as a CEO of a public facing and supported commercial organisation, If he’s allowing such a knee jerk statement to be sent on behalf of TUFC late in the evening before at least sleeping on it and thinking through a professional bridge repairing response today. It wasn’t even though time was of the essence to cause such a poor and factually incorrect communication to be sent so quickly.

I know he’s an employee and probably has mouths to feed but I do wonder what “yes” man Mee was thinking when he sent it?