What is our five year plan?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

What is our five year plan?

Post by North Curry House »

Plymouth announced today their five year plan, which are looking for new investors with the aim of being a top Championship Club and subsequently Premier League football.

Although it may be "pie in the sky", at least they have a plan......what is our five year plan? It looks like it may be the South Devon League! Boxing Day 2028, local derby away to Chelston.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Pointless thread as its obvious there isn't one.
Next...........
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

Of course there is a five year plan. It is a mix of detached and semi-detached properties with sea views on the market whilst a search for a suitable stadium site for TUFC continues.
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

Simon Hallett, Plymouth owner, was on Spotlight last night talking about Argyle's Five Year Plan. He was very open and honest;ambitious but realistic.
He clearly has a grip on what is needed in terms of moving the club forward sustainably and taking their growing number of fans with them on that journey. Clearly loves Argyle, and the city he was born in and its people and is determined to use his money and potentially the money of new investors to continue the development of the club on and off the pitch.
The contrast to our current owner could't be more stark.
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

All I ever hope for is to finish higher up than the season before. That'll do me.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

I think all we had was a five minute plan!
TorquayUntied
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by TorquayUntied »

gullsgullsgulls wrote: 07 Nov 2023, 07:19 Of course there is a five year plan. It is a mix of detached and semi-detached properties with sea views on the market whilst a search for a suitable stadium site for TUFC continues.
1. The land is worthless for property building.

Overlooked by a school and let's be fair an real undesirable area of Torquay to live in with the surroundings.

2. 5 million quid he has.pumped into the club far outweighs what the land is worth.

Get over the fact that homes will never be built on Plainmoor.

It would become an council owned leisure centre at best.
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

No way Clarke is going through all this to build on Plainmoor. He's after far more lucrative land, using Plainmoor as part of whatever deal he's got his eyes on. It will all hinge on whether the Council are brave / honest enough to refuse to give him the freehold.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

It's all rather bizarre, I'm sure initially the five year plan was thinking that CO would get his hands on the freehold of the ground and develop it for whatever reason for financial gain.
Now that at least the present moment of time this is not possible he has no doubt disappeared as he's never seen anyhow to lick his wounds and wonder what the next move is.It appears to me that the next five year plan is to slowly squeeze the financial life out of the club and claim to the council that he has ploughed millions into it but it's a lost cause.Then he can come up with a plan to develop the ground whatever that may be if the council are willing to sell him the freehold.I hope I'm wrong and it never happens it's just peculiar that someone loses thousands every week but continues keeping something afloat unless there's an end goal and that end goal doesn't involve football.
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

TorquayUnited wrote: 08 Nov 2023, 21:08 1. The land is worthless for property building.

Overlooked by a school and let's be fair an real undesirable area of Torquay to live in with the surroundings.

2. 5 million quid he has.pumped into the club far outweighs what the land is worth.

Get over the fact that homes will never be built on Plainmoor.

It would become an council owned leisure centre at best.
I never said the houses were to be at Plainmoor.

Keep up.